My Solar System themed base

Gus

Skeletron Prime
I've been working on this solar system themed base for several months now, and I'm ready to share pictures of it.
Capture 2019-10-29 00_40_55.png

This is a panorama of the whole thing, and as such, some of the fine detail is missing (such as some waterfalls and painted objects). As you can see, I made a building themed to each planet in the Solar System, as well as the Sun and a little mushroom house for Truffle (idk, it can be Pluto or something). All of the planets are surrounded in midnight confetti block, and the whole structure is bordered by clouds. I even combined the clouds with a natural floating island in the upper left! Plus, I kept my original house at the bottom and edited it so that it looks abandoned.

Here are pictures of the planets in more detail:
Capture 2019-10-29 00_41_37.png

Mercury. Made out of asphalt, crispy honey, and lihzahrd brick. This was the first planet I made so it's not quite as polished as the others, but I still think it looks nice.
Capture 2019-10-29 00_41_24.png

Venus. Made out of sandfall and sandstone brick. I made it as a sort of desert temple, so I put in a ton of coins, sand droppers, and even made the Witch Doctor's house completely blocked off with actuated blocks.
Capture 2019-10-29 00_41_58.png

Earth. Made out of waterfall block and jungle grass. This was probably the only planet where I knew exactly what to do from the beginning and didn't require any thought. I really love this one.
Capture 2019-10-29 00_41_12.png

Mars. Made out of adamantite beam and red stucco. I made one half with bone furniture and the other half with steampunk furniture. The Clothier must be lonely...
Capture 2019-10-29 00_42_45.png

Jupiter. Made out of red team block, crimtane brick, and cog walls. I went for more of an abstract theme here, and I made sure to include the big red spot. Also, since the planet is so big, I had two NPCs live here.
Capture 2019-09-16 01_43_30.png

Saturn. I took the screenshot before I added all of the midnight confetti blocks and cloud because this was the only one where all of the paint showed up correctly. It is made primarily out of topaz gemspark block, with a little asphalt, yellow team block, and meteorite furniture painted black.
Capture 2019-10-29 00_42_04.png

Uranus. Made out of cobalt brick, crystal block, stardust fragment block, and nebula fragment block. This is my personal favorite!
Capture 2019-10-21 01_48_19.png

Neptune. Like Saturn, the waterfalls don't show up correctly in my screenshot of it with the midnight confetti and clouds added in, so this was taken before that was added. Unfortunately, the Angler is scared of his new house, and he keeps hiding in the upper left corner...
Capture 2019-10-29 00_43_02.png

A little teleporter room I built that goes to each planet. Nothing that great; I just thought it looked cool enough to share.
Capture 2019-10-29 00_42_18.png

Almost forgot! The Sun. This one, I will admit, is uglier than the others, but that's because I focused on making this an actual base instead of something purely for decoration (like Uranus). Also, at the bottom, I have my original house, but I edited it so now it looks completely abandoned.
Capture 2019-08-02 22_43_58.png

Here's Truffle's little house in case you were interested.

I'm quite pleased with this build, I've never spent this much time and care building a base for Terraria before. I really like looking at the beginning stages of my project and seeing how it evolved:
Capture 2019-05-30 00_38_43.png

Capture 2019-07-03 19_00_23.png

Capture 2019-08-03 12_29_47.png

Thank you so much for checking out this build of mine. I hope you liked it!

I read this while listening to some calm Undertale music, and it brought me a tear of joy. Thank you for sharing this build, and giving us closer looks at all the planets. I hope you continue to enjoy Terraria and keep building.

• Love
Reactions: Gus
Hey maybe you might know you seem to build a lot of stuff .howw can I build a waterfall that constantly runs w/o having to keep pulling a lever? If you could figure this out for me I would really appreciate it ty. Look forward to ur solution ken

Hey maybe you might know you seem to build a lot of stuff .howw can I build a waterfall that constantly runs w/o having to keep pulling a lever? If you could figure this out for me I would really appreciate it ty. Look forward to ur solution ken
If you really want actual water flowing automatically by using pumps, instead of the waterfall effect that you get by hammering a block right next to water into a half-block, then I suggest you look at building a World Load Detector. It can start your pumps for you.

Do note it can be "dangerous" to have water running at all times, you risk flooding parts of your world unless you are careful. If you have any further questions regarding this, please ask in the thread I linked to or in it's parent section [T-MEC]. Do not ask any further questions here as it is off-topic!

Back
Top Bottom