My Terraria playthrough world got corrupted..

NeodacatYT

Official Terrarian
Hi there! I recently moved a world off the cloud by accident and it got corrupted and I lost almost all of my progress, starting from the beginning of hardmode when loading a backup, This morning, The cloud world mysteriously appeared as a copy and I started playing on it and I played for about 6 hours and left the game, after that I tried joining back, laughing at my friend who, at the time was building a bigger arena for plantera as I left. and it got stuck on the "starting server" screen, so I kept cancelling and trying again until the game finally gave in and crashed. then I tried checking in singleplayer, annoyed, and this screen popped up:

1637281904300.png

Me, getting angrier by the second, finally decided to make an account for the forums and post the thread explaining the problem. I will give some more updates soon, I really need this world, as we were really far into the game and me and my friend (who also plays in this world), are pretty annoyed by this and hope one of you guys can help.

I had a similar problem, my original single player character got corrupted on updating to 1.4. He still shows up in the character selection screen, but with no name, default health and mana, default style, no items and the game crashes if I try to play as him.

I hope you don't mean what I think you mean.
Hi @NeodacatYT, I’m pretty sure RubyJason just meant that they were hoping by posting on the forums they could get a resolution for the same game issue you’re having.

As for the issue, I’m sorry to say that I don’t know of a resolution. Once a character or world gets corrupted, the only way to restore it is through a backup. I would recommend making manual backups of the Player and World files - or just the ones you care about. Making a copy of the file and pasting it in a safe spot on the computer every so often means that if the save process gets interrupted (and corrupts the main file) there is a reliable backup. Personally, I don’t rely on the cloud backup system. I’m not sure if it’s Steam interrupting the save or not, but I see too many problems with the clouds saves, that I make backups myself since it’s takes just a minute.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news. Perhaps someone else may have a better answer.

Hi @NeodacatYT, I’m pretty sure RubyJason just meant that they were hoping by posting on the forums they could get a resolution for the same game issue you’re having.

As for the issue, I’m sorry to say that I don’t know of a resolution. Once a character or world gets corrupted, the only way to restore it is through a backup. I would recommend making manual backups of the Player and World files - or just the ones you care about. Making a copy of the file and pasting it in a safe spot on the computer every so often means that if the save process gets interrupted (and corrupts the main file) there is a reliable backup. Personally, I don’t rely on the cloud backup system. I’m not sure if it’s Steam interrupting the save or not, but I see too many problems with the clouds saves, that I make backups myself since it’s takes just a minute.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news. Perhaps someone else may have a better answer.

Thanks! Although me and my friend Buter would have to start again from the beginning of hardmode as the only backup is from right after I finished the AFK farm for the Onyx Blaster.
I am really annoyed, as I cannot continue my Vanilla Terraria series on YouTube. also, I'm not really a huge fan of the cloud either, but I lost all of my worlds and characters due to my PC having to have a factory reset. I really only put my worlds on the cloud because of that. Also people are saying they had the problem since 1.4 was released and they would do nothing for the world to be corrupted. Me, on the other hand; lost mine because I "accidentally" moved the world off the cloud and left the game with another player in it (which worked previous times WITHOUT the world getting corrupted).

Just get back here and read some updates.

Thanks for @Unit One explaining my purpose and giving a clear answer of not relying the cloud backup.

I hope you don't mean what I think you mean.
I don't know what @NeodacatYT is thinking of, but I think it is obvious that I just have same issue as titled and wants to find out the root cause of this together in single post. Who will bother to build a new boat alone if you see someone has same target, right?
Anyways, wish you all the best and success on Youtube channel

Back
Top Bottom