My Terraria save just got rolled back a couple hours?

Clockwork Alpha

Skeletron Prime
So, I was preparing to fight Plantera. And then when I was ready, everything was well until plantera despawned in my 150-block wide arena. When I was ragequitting, the game crashed when it was saying "backing up save". Instead of being corrupted, something pretty weird happened. I checked and there was a world file, a BAK file, as usual, but then there was also a SAV file. I opened the world again, and everything seemed normal. After quitting again after realizing a solar eclipse was happening (which was strangely what I was predicting would happen...) I open the save again to realize my character has been rolled back like 6 hours. I'm really pissed and really confused, because in those 6 or so hours, I did almost entirely work that I'm not willing to do again. Usually when things like this happen, I just use TEdit to give myself my items again, which is probably what's going to happen if I don't give up and move on to another game, because just to be clear, this is probably the third time something bad has happened to my save or character, and this time I can mostly assure you that it isn't my fault. So anyone care to explain what just happened?

NOTE: I'm not 100% sure if this is the right subforum.

I think that it didn't back up your world all the way and only saved your world up to a certain point.

At least it's better then having your world being corrupted and unusable.

I think that it didn't back up your world all the way and only saved your world up to a certain point.

At least it's better then having your world being corrupted and unusable.

My world is just fine, it was on the same solar eclipse I left off at. It's my character who got set back to I think the last time I got onto the world with that character.

And can someone explain why a SAV file appeared? I've never seen one of those before.

Back
Top Bottom