My thoughts on using the Nurse

GoldenTerrabyte

Empress of Light
Recently it seems like a lot of people are complaining about the Nurse being cheesing. And it's fine that some people prefer not to use her help, but honestly I don't consider it cheesing at all, and for one simple reason:

That is her purpose. To heal you when you're low on health, whether it's during a boss or if you just got hurt real bad running around outside. I think if they didn't want people to use the Nurse, they wouldn't have added her in the first place.

Right. Now that she also heals herself too, it's a little safer to do that because if she gets hurt but not killed, she'll quickly get her health back.

I don't understand the developers trying to stop people cheesing. If they aren't good enough to beat it without cheesing, they're just not going to play the game or use hacks which is even worse. Only about 10% people actually cheese and those people don't affect anybody else or their playstyle. If they're just ruining their own fun I have no idea why the devs are so against this.

I don't understand the developers trying to stop people cheesing. If they aren't good enough to beat it without cheesing, they're just not going to play the game or use hacks which is even worse.

I don't understand it, either.

If someone isn't skilled enough (and/or equipped well enough) to beat Expert Moon Lord legit, nor clever enough to invent an innovative way to cheese him, then they can simply copy someone else's cheesing method, outright cheat, or even quit the game. I'm not sure why Re-Digit is spending so much effort trying to force people to fight him legitimately, and I don't think it will work. There will always be multiple working cheesing methods. This game is too open-ended, complex, and sandboxy to allow for the closing of every loophole.

Actually, the nurse "nerf" is the one nerf I feel was quite understandable, because the ability to teleport back to the nurse at any time and enjoy a long timeout mid-battle removed a lot of risk from the fight, and using the nurse isn't really cheesing, per se. It made the fight fairly easy without a player needing to have any real intent to cheese. I do agree with Re-Logic that bosses should either despawn or follow you very quickly if you teleport far away.

I don't agree with how short Moon Lord's "teleports on top of you" range actually is, but that's just my opinion. Actually, his teleporting behavior can be exploited as yet another way to cheese him. I know because I've done it. :p

Recently it seems like a lot of people are complaining about the Nurse being cheesing. And it's fine that some people prefer not to use her help, but honestly I don't consider it cheesing at all, and for one simple reason:

That is her purpose. To heal you when you're low on health, whether it's during a boss or if you just got hurt real bad running around outside. I think if they didn't want people to use the Nurse, they wouldn't have added her in the first place.
I don't get people against cheesing. If I have beaten moon lord and am now just farming drops I would cheese. But I never cheese first kill.

Well, her functionality hasn't changed since the version where we didn't regenerate our health naturally, so purpose part is arguable. But yeah, having her around an arena is not bad and pretty much legit idea. But teleporting far away from the boss to safety, where you can freely heal up was cheesy tactic. If developer decided that he doesn't want players exploit this, then it's fine. Exploiting loopholes equals cheating, people.

Last edited:
I don't get people against cheesing. If I have beaten moon lord and am now just farming drops I would cheese. But I never cheese first kill.

Well see, that's it. Most people don't cheese, putting these mechanics in place only serves to :red: over regular players when they realise they can't do something due to these mechanics.

I think adding cooldown on heal of nurse make the game more favorable.
The game is just an easy game with nurse.No Fun.Unistall

See, the whole problem with trying to prevent this kind of cheesing is okay for the first few encounters. But when you're on your 20th go just farming the boss for loot, RNG and this artificial difficulty is just making the fight more fustrating, as you've already seen all there is to see with the boss, and subsequent encounters have greatly diminished novelty, until it hits boredom. All I wish for is for the cheese tactics to stay, and for there to be guaranteed drops after a certain number of kills, because some people(violent coughing)have been playing for years and still haven't been able to get things like The Axe

Well, her functionality hasn't changed since the version where we didn't regenerate our health naturally, so purpose part is arguable. But yeah, having her around an arena is not bad and pretty much legit idea. But teleporting far away from the boss to safety, where you can freely heal up was cheesy tactic. If developer decided that he doesn't want players exploit this, then it's fine. Exploiting loopholes equals cheating, people.

If it's in the game, I can and probably will use it. Is it a bug? An exploit? Whatever. I have the mindset of a speedunner.

I give her a 3 minute (stacking) debuff from each use in my mod. She's dangerously cheesy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom