PC My Town: Terraria Town (I need some ideas!)

Should I have separate houses for my NPCs, or should I keep them in the hotel?

• Total voters

TehWildcard

Skeletron Prime
ONLY DISCUSS STUFF ABOUT THE TOWN, NOT ANYTHING ELSE!!!
Keep on living, you beautiful people! I don't want to hear about deaths or stuff like that!

Hello every awesome member on this beautiful forum! I need some ideas for my little town! Here's a pic of the Hotel:

View attachment 183654

I know it's not much, but the town is work-in-progress. Also, my game is modded, so that's why I'm (the epic guy in the green jacket) looking up a bit. I'm using the Overhaul mod, and it is so beautiful. Also, I know you can't see it, but to the left of the hotel is an awesome town square. Much work is needed on it, so I was wondering if you guys had some ideas! And to the right, I'm building a bunch of little shops for all the NPCs to work in. Please reply any ideas you want to discuss!

Last edited:
Why not a bar for the tavern keep, boreal looks best. Bars, barstools, and an item frame hanging over (the/a) door with a mug of ale in it, are all good additions

Why not a bar for the tavern keep, boreal looks best
That sounds pretty good! Send me a few material ideas, and why not send a snapshot of an idea for it?
[doublepost=1505953059,1505952788][/doublepost]I've got an update that I would like to share with you all! I will be using TEdit, a Terraria world edit software, since Terraria likes to crash on me a LOT. If you have some ideas, again, share them with me!

Boreal wood, palm, pearl wood, it all depends on where your building it, and a roof with a step like decline is nice too, and I think if your building it in a forest/surface regular wood is best, it just looks more simple. Also boreal is best in snow biome, and palm in desert /beach

Hello every awesome member on this beautiful forum! I need some ideas for my little town! Here's a pic of the Hotel:

View attachment 183654

I know it's not much, but the town is work-in-progress. Also, my game is modded, so that's why I'm (the epic guy in the green jacket) looking up a bit. I'm using the Overhaul mod, and it is so beautiful. Also, I know you can't see it, but to the left of the hotel is an awesome town square. Much work is needed on it, so I was wondering if you guys had some ideas! And to the right, I'm building a bunch of little shops for all the NPCs to work in. Please reply any ideas you want to discuss!

I'll give you one piece of advice. Don't get too anal or spend too much time on a town. No matter how prepared, how perfect, how planned out you have things you will find yourself in need of more.

Also, have fun doing it! That is the most important piece to building architecture of any kind.

Boreal wood, palm, pearl wood, it all depends on where your building it, and a roof with a step like decline is nice too, and I think if your building it in a forest/surface regular wood is best, it just looks more simple. Also boreal is best in snow biome, and palm in desert /beach

I'll give you one piece of advice. Don't get too anal or spend too much time on a town. No matter how prepared, how perfect, how planned out you have things you will find yourself in need of more.

Also, have fun doing it! That is the most important piece to building architecture of any kind.
These ideas are so helpful, along with the advice. And, I just LOVE boreal wood, and I think it fits with what I'm doing. I'm also using mods like Cheat Table to speed everything up. Thanks guys!

These ideas are so helpful, along with the advice. And, I just LOVE boreal wood, and I think it fits with what I'm doing. I'm also using mods like Cheat Table to speed everything up. Thanks guys!
No prob, also as an additional tip, build your town to match with the background that the world generates in that area

How bout a simple fountain? Just use gold bricks and water. A dojo»Dynasty wood, Red dynasty shingles, and some pearl wood walls (or another whiteish wall). A tree house» living wood, leaves, and well a house. Those are a few ideas. Hope they help! ;)

Hey guys... My game crashed when I was battling the Moon Lord... And I was so close to beating him... GOD DAMN YOU TERRARIA!!! :red: IT!!!

@xXAndytubeXx

Please do not write out your posts to be excessively long to exaggerate your posts. It becomes spam if it reaches the point of filling up half of your post with the same word extended out.

I've edited your post so that it is not excessively long.

Please do not write out your posts to be excessively long to exaggerate your posts. It becomes spam if it reaches the point of filling up half of your post with the same word extended out.

I've edited your post so that it is not excessively long.
Yeah... I do that a lot with my friends on Skype (DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT).

I LOST MY WORLD, GUYS!!! I lost the sweet hotel... But don't fret! I have a world for building a new one! It's with a character named Tera (yes, it's a good name).

I, personally, enjoy creating many different homes (around 10-15) and then the rest, I put in my base or create a hotel with each room designed for a specific NPC. Hope this helps.

I just posted my new base under the "1.3 Bases" thread, and there were a couple of themes I tried to follow.

I confined each of the NPCs to a 7x5 (interior) box for pragmatic purposes (I was annoyed by them walking in front of my chests). Even with that limited space,I tried to give each of them decor appropriate to their role or lore: walls/wallpaper, furniture, lighting, etc. Looking at the picture, I'd bet you can figure out most of the NPCs who are not currently in their rooms. (For the other two, consider that one of them would be careful about flames... normal flames, anyway. :) )

If you have the Painter, use him! I used lots of wallpaper, but I haven't done all that much repainting of stuff so far... except the walls in "my" section, because I like green, but didn't want the cactus-wall texture. Of course, I'll be continuing to tweak them over time; for example, it just occured to me now, that I can probably paint the Party Girl's bubble wallpaper pink, and maybe add some rust to the bad-boys' back walls.

Back
Top Bottom