PC My Very Good Character Is Gone!!!

H2QO

Terrarian
So I log into Terraria to prepare for WoF and I see my character is the default skin on the profile icon. no wizard hat or robe...... I click on the play button thing and nothing happens. Then I see the profile icon says 100 health I had 220 and then it said 10 manna I had 100. So im a bit annoyed because I had a lot of time on this character and have no others. Plus when I try the world I played on it crashed my game. I favorited both the world and the character if that has anything to do with it. Please im very desperate and dont want to start over!!!!!

Here's some more information related to corrupted save files and how to solve them.

There are a plethora of reasons files of missing or get corrupted, it could have been a hardware issue, an operating system issue, a user error, a software confliction or some other software issue. Sometimes it's just plain unavoidable. That's why it's highly recommended to keep manual backups of your files after each play session for Terraria. You can copy the World and Characters folders to other location or an external drive. The default location is \Documents\My Games\Terraria.
1. Check the recycling bin: sometimes files or folders will get placed into the recycling bin despite not anything being wrong with them. This is the first place to check.

If this did not solve your problem, or it does not apply to you move to step 2

2. Check the Steam Data Folder: While sometimes the steam cloud can be the very thing to cause the issue, it might also be the very thing that ends up saving you. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\STEAM ACCOUNT NUMBER\105600\remote (the steam account number is going to be a collection of random numbers and it will be different for each person. Most likely you will only see one folder so click whichever one shows up.) and see if your files are there.

If this did not solve your problem, or it does not apply to you move to step 3

3. Recover your files from the .bak files: Located in Terraria's default save location which is \Documents\My Games\Terraria you should see a worlds and player folder. Click on whichever folder that applies to you and see if there are any .bak files of your old or missing characters. Simply rename the file extension to .plr if it is a player file or .wld if it is a world file.

If this did not solve your problem, or it does not apply to you move to step 4

4. Revert to a previous version: Sometimes when your character or world gets corrupted the file remains in it's respective default save folder but is simply unusable by the game. You can revert to an earlier version of the file so that you don't lose ALL your progress. Using this method some of your progress will still be lost. First navigate to either \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds or \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players depending on what kind of file was corrupted. Right click the file and select properties. Now select the "Previous Versions" tab and see if anything is there. If so select the version you wish to revert to, click it, and then click restore.

If this did not solve your problem, or it does not apply to you move to step 5

5. Recreate your character using a Save Editor: Please keep in mind Relogic does not officially support or condone Save Editors and other 3rd Party software. In the event all else has failed you can use an inventory editor to help remake your character so that not all your progress is lost. The one that I like to point people to is TerraSVR because it is all web based and pretty simple to use. If you're having trouble figuring out how to use it there's a help button in the top right to help explain it's various features.

Back
Top Bottom