• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

My view on T:OW as a whole

Many people are somewhat angry at Re-logic and Pipeworks for delaying the game for that long. This can be understandable, as most Terraria fans, including me, have been drooling over this spinoff for several years.

But we all must understand that game development is a damn hard process. And you can ask Re-logic: " WHEN WILL T:OW COME OUT? ", but this is pointless, useless requests and questions that change nothing, do not speed up the development of a game. In fact, they can even slow it down.

So, please, guys, give our dear Re-logic some time. 1, 2, even 5 years if needed.

And I have no problem with waiting several years for a game. But here is a thing that I WILL do when T:OW comes out: I will be expecting a masterpiece, a game that is at least not worse than the original. If it is going to be disappointing, I will critisize it tenfold for every little flaw I find. In fact, I will be furious if it will flop.

And now I want you to tell me what you think about the length of the development of the game, and how you think it is going to turn out, when it comes out.

Last edited:
I don't have any idea for how it's gonna turn out, since we don't have much information besides the New Graphics, Total World Corruption/Crimson Takeover, New Boss(that we know of) and enemies, New Hook Mechanics, and Purification Towers. As for length of development, I see it coming out anywhere from 2019-2021.

landstalker

Terrarian
Many people are somewhat angry at Re-logic and Pipeworks for delaying the game for that long. This can be understandable, as most Terraria fans, including me, have been drooling over this spinoff for several years.

But we all must understand that game development is a damn hard process. And you can ask Re-logic: " WHEN WILL T:OW COME OUT? ", but this is pointless, useless requests and questions that change nothing, do not speed up the development of a game. In fact, they can even slow it down.

So, please, guys, give our dear Re-logic some time. 1, 2, even 5 years if needed.

And I have no problem with waiting several years for a game. But here is a thing that I WILL do when T:OW comes out: I will be expecting a masterpiece, a game that is at least not worse than the original. If it is going to be disappointing, I will critisize it tenfold for every little flaw I find. In fact, I will be furious if it will flop.

And now I want you to tell me what you think about the length of the development of the game, and how you think it is going to turn out, when it comes out.
Firstly, Pipeworks are not responsible for the delay to T:OW.
Re-Logic are somewhat responsible, but only for putting their trust in the original developers, Engine Software. The blame for this situation lies firmly on their doorstep.
They dropped the ball badly during the "development" of the original product.
So much so, that Re-Logic had to step in and reclaim their IP.
This was then handed over to Pipeworks in April of 2017.
They, then had to appraise the damage and work out if anything could be salvaged or if they needed to start again from scratch. Whatever their decision might have been, that information has not been made public, nor should it. Their decision is theirs alone and they are under no obligation to share it with the general public regardless of their loyalty to the franchise.
So, less than a year after being told that T:OW is now with Pipeworks, the only news that has been released via Twitter is that the project is still in development.
With nothing else to go on, the simple solution now is to wait patiently and perhaps do something else other than create conspiracy theories about the project's status.

Necrius

Skeletron Prime
Firstly, Pipeworks are not responsible for the delay to T:OW.
Re-Logic are somewhat responsible, but only for putting their trust in the original developers, Engine Software. The blame for this situation lies firmly on their doorstep.
They dropped the ball badly during the "development" of the original product.
So much so, that Re-Logic had to step in and reclaim their IP.
This was then handed over to Pipeworks in April of 2017.
They, then had to appraise the damage and work out if anything could be salvaged or if they needed to start again from scratch. Whatever their decision might have been, that information has not been made public, nor should it. Their decision is theirs alone and they are under no obligation to share it with the general public regardless of their loyalty to the franchise.
So, less than a year after being told that T:OW is now with Pipeworks, the only news that has been released via Twitter is that the project is still in development.
With nothing else to go on, the simple solution now is to wait patiently and perhaps do something else other than create conspiracy theories about the project's status.
What can I say - Red is really bad judge of character. Tiy, Blue, Edge of Space, Pixel Piracy, Engine Software.

Top Bottom