Xbox One My world disappeared

Serpico410

Terrarian
I went to my brother's world to play with him for a bit and when I left, the game turned into a screen full of numbers and then crashed!!!! I didn't think much until I entered the game again and my min world was gone and replaced with a brand new "expert 1.3" world. Someone, please help me I need my stuff back.

Hello Serpico410,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your World. It isn't a good experience to have your world disappear like that.

From the looks of things, your World may have been swapped with your brother's World. If you haven't already, please also report this bug with as much detail as you can describe as possible through the form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html This will ensure that Pipeworks gets your Bug Report very quickly and can analyze your findings to potentially fix the bug in a future update.

Hello Serpico410,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your World. It isn't a good experience to have your world disappear like that.

From the looks of things, your World may have been swapped with your brother's World. If you haven't already, please also report this bug with as much detail as you can describe as possible through the form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html This will ensure that Pipeworks gets your Bug Report very quickly and can analyze your findings to potentially fix the bug in a future update.
But will I get my world back? I need reassurance.I had already reported this bug I just want to know if I will get my 4 years worth of work back.

But will I get my world back? I need reassurance.I had already reported this bug I just want to know if I will get my 4 years worth of work back.

That I do not know for certain. If the Worlds have been swapped, it is probably on your brother's console now. If you have your brother host the world and do what you did before to join your Brother's game. My guess is that it might bring your world back to your console. I do not know for sure if this will work or not, but that is what I would try in your position. It's the only thing I can think of.

I j
That I do not know for certain. If the Worlds have been swapped, it is probably on your brother's console now. If you have your brother host the world and do what you did before to join your Brother's game. My guess is that it might bring your world back to your console. I do not know for sure if this will work or not, but that is what I would try in your position. It's the only thing I can think of.
ust tried it and it didn’t work ,please try to come up with a resolution ASAP.(where I can get my progress back.

I also literally just had this problem same circumstances except when I left my friends world, game crashed. Started it back up and now I have his and he still has his but he doesn't have mine. I would also like my world back very desperately if at all possible

So... I played on my xbox one account last night, joined my son on multiplayer on one of his worlds. Everything was awesome. I wake up the morning, log in, and my MAIN world and it looks about 2-3 others are just... gone. Completely gone with all my potions, platinum, crafting materials... I tried uninstall and reinstalling the game after a full reboot of the console. Nothing. Still gone. What the heck is going on?

So... I played on my xbox one account last night, joined my son on multiplayer on one of his worlds. Everything was awesome. I wake up the morning, log in, and my MAIN world and it looks about 2-3 others are just... gone. Completely gone with all my potions, platinum, crafting materials... I tried uninstall and reinstalling the game after a full reboot of the console. Nothing. Still gone. What the heck is going on?
Iv has the same problem with people joining my worlds but my world overwrites there’s. I’m sorry to hear what happened to you losing your world is a horrible experience, Iv resorted to just leaving the game entirely until they eventually fix things.

Can someone help my wee son? he’s lost his world and it’s been replaced by 3.1 expert. This occurred when he created a new world on multiplayer.

Last edited:
Ye this happened to me and my friend, our 2 main worlds disappeared, but we tink we figured out how to prevent it.
I suggest not to favorite worlds, and when you want to exit someone else's world, DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT. Just restart terraria. I'm not 100% sure it'll work, but so far it works for me.
Hope I helped!

Lost weeks worth of playing in two worlds because of this bug. I honestly think they shouldnt have even released multiplayer because it has a major flaw. I understand people should back up their worlds but we shouldnt have to in the first place. Its the most basic of necessities for any game. You can join others and close the game without saving and exiting. And you still might have your home worlds but if u crash for any reason on your friends world.... ITS OVER. I recommend putting this game down for a bit until they actually start to notice and fix the game. Goodluck!

Sorry to hear that you guys have lost your worlds due to the multiplayer bug. Unfortunately, unless you have the world file saved on an external device, I don't believe there's any way of getting it back. And with Xbox One removing the ability to save game data onto usbs it's really hard to do that for them.

If you haven't already, check out the workaround for the multiplayer world overwrite bug here (as well as other workarounds). Pipeworks is working hard on getting the bugs fixed and have said that the next bugfix update will include a fix for the overwrite bug. Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

Back
Top Bottom