Console My world was replaced by my friends

JuztImmortaL

Terrarian
Just a few moments ago, i was playing terraria on my friends world, then while i was i lagged out of his world, i right away tried to go to my own world but it was somehow replaced by my friends world, i tried deleting his world to see if mine would pop up, but nothing, and i don't know how to get it back

Last edited:
Just a few moments ago, i was playing terraria on my friends world, then while i was i lagged out of his world, i right away tried to go to my own world but it was somehow replaced by my friends world, i tried deleting his world to see if mine would pop up, but nothing, and i don't know how to get it back
Hi @JuztImmortaL, sorry to hear this happened. There have been other reports of worlds being overwritten like this. Normally it occurs when one of the players disconnects out of the world abruptly.

If you have a backup of your world on USB, you can restore it from there. If not, I'm sorry to say that I don't know of a way to get it back.

The good news is that the PS4 and Xbox One will be getting the big 1.3 update later this year with brand new code that may solve a lot of the current glitches.

Same happened to me,
Except I came back later it was still the same, then I came back later and my friends world was there again but not mine.

@ploperdung, if you are on the new PS4 update, there is a known bug regarding online multiplayer worlds being overwritten. There is a workaround listed here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/
Hello, the same thing happened to me, except that my world got overwritten by my friend's while he doesn't have mine. I would like to know if there is any way i could get it back or if someone from Pipeworks could give me my world back (it is called "Home Sweet Home"). Also, i have a little question: Does every moderator, etc. here works for Pipeworks? Thank you.

I think I am more gob smacked that the world overwriting issue was a thing from mid last year and still isn't fixed.

This is a priority 0 fix. Then fix the network stability.

Alright so this happened to me so what happened was I wanted a last prism from this kid and he wanted a yoyo glove so I gave him it and he kicked me and blocked me on psn and called me a scammer and I tried going on my main all items world and it was gone I spent years on it and it got replaced by his world his psn is <removed by staff> beware of him he is a scammer

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so this happened to me so what happened was I wanted a last prism from this kid and he wanted a yoyo glove so I gave him it and he kicked me and blocked me on psn and called me a scammer and I tried going on my main all items world and it was gone I spent years on it and it got replaced by his world his psn is <removed by staff> beware of him he is a scammer
Hi @MoltenWrath, your info tab says you own the Xbox 360 and PS4 versions. Did this happen on 360 or PS4? And was it recently, or months ago?

Also, I needed to edit your list to remove the PSN that you included. I know you were likely just trying to help others, but we don’t support the calling out of other players. If it happened in-game there’s no way for us to investigate that and verify any claims.

Hi so thank you for responding i was playing on PS4 and it was quite a few months ago if you could help in anyway i would be very pleased

Hi so thank you for responding i was playing on PS4 and it was quite a few months ago if you could help in anyway i would be very pleased
Hi @MoltenWrath, I'm not sure what I can help with. The world overwrite bug has been fixed. If you experience anything like it now after updating to the most recent patch, please let us know. Your world that was overwritten is, unfortunately, lost forever. And whatever troubles you come across while playing with other players is not something that we can monitor, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom