tModLoader Mysterious Altars

Is this mod good

• This mod is good

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • This mod is not very good

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • This mod literally killed my parents I hate you.

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters
Hey, have you considered making armor (specifically the part that defines the subset) have special attributes like resistances to "X" debuff, increased spawnrate/max spawns, and debuffs while equipped? The two less important parts being capable of only acquiring small effects whether good or bad (smaller).

Accessories could get slightly (de)buffed versions of their abilities.

Of course these would have another alter or perhaps a mysterious rare NPC will alter (or destroy) an item you give it.

I have one question graydee (One of the best mod makers);

so sometimes in mods you may use a modded weapon on a frame or on a mannequin and the whole thing dissapears because it glitches out.
if you were to put a weapon from either thorium or spirit mod from example in the altar, would it also loose it? or does it work with any mod that have weapons
[doublepost=1509487759,1509487476][/doublepost]also you say they are extremely rare so wouldnt 45% chance of doing nothing be a bit annoying? like what if you find a few of these altars throughout your whole playthrough and 90% of them you found did nothing it wouldn't give you that exciting moment to take the risk of loosing a weapon or making it better.

specially because maybe sometimes you just crafted a very powerful weapon and you dont want to use it just yet on that altar

I have one question graydee (One of the best mod makers);

so sometimes in mods you may use a modded weapon on a frame or on a mannequin and the whole thing dissapears because it glitches out.
if you were to put a weapon from either thorium or spirit mod from example in the altar, would it also loose it? or does it work with any mod that have weapons
[doublepost=1509487759,1509487476][/doublepost]also you say they are extremely rare so wouldnt 45% chance of doing nothing be a bit annoying? like what if you find a few of these altars throughout your whole playthrough and 90% of them you found did nothing it wouldn't give you that exciting moment to take the risk of loosing a weapon or making it better.

specially because maybe sometimes you just crafted a very powerful weapon and you dont want to use it just yet on that altar
I have done some personal testing with this mod, they appear often enough, on a lucky day you might find 2-3 in the same spot. Though if you want, you could edit the mod to where they won't break.

Edit: Be sure to reforge before you place on an alter.

I think I already know the answer but I didn't see it addressed in the thread and I'm double checking. These alters are created at world gen and I need to make a new world for them to show up, right?

So if you have a modded weapon would it still work? like for example from the thorium mod or the least famous ones like zoaklen mod

Do you mind if I pass a suggestion?

I feel as if the fact that they are both rare and one time use makes their rng functions quite annoying to deal with. Instead, I had an alternate idea which would fix this problem. Instead of being one time use, altars could be used several times, but would require sacrifices of some kind to operate (such as money). The more you sacrificed, the higher chance of positive attributes, and lower chance of negatives. They could also have a cooldown between uses, like 6 minutes or so. To balance them out, these would also be slightly rarer.

...so if you copy a working one with cheat sheets paint tool, it will work, allowing infinite weapon rerolls...

I let everyone know becAUSE THEY WERE SAYING THEY WANTED TO BE able to re roll, and this should help with that.

Suggestion: Cosmetic versions of both the Altars and Fountains, with the ability to be visually toggled with wire.

It doesn't make too much sense for a sword to be sharp yet dull at the same time.
upload_2018-1-20_15-19-42.png

It's still a great mod though

oof.
[doublepost=1516495210,1516495179][/doublepost]just imagine the left side is dull, but the right side is sharp :p
One other thing I should mention; having those stats on that sword caused a compatibility issue with the terraria leveled mod. Basically, the swords damage doesn't scale with my damage stat. I don't know if this is caused by your mod or the leveled mod, as I haven't written a single line of code for a terraria mod in about six months.

Back
Top Bottom