Sprites Mystical Rune - Making Yoyos a bit more interesting

OMG... I could not love this idea more. It is a genius way of making a little minigame in Terraria and almost creating a new element in the game. The one thing is- I would only make it be able to be dropped in hardmode because some of these things would be a bit OP early game. But otherwise, solid idea! :D
I made it give percentage-based buffs to the player instead of solid stats so that it'll be useful throughout the entire game, but still balanced early onwards. :)

This reminds me of Infinity Blade series. In those games, when you fought a 'magic' bar would slowly fill and when full you could draw symbols for special effect, which is pretty much the same as this.
Take a look!

If you draw any sort of zigzag shape, your yoyo will shoot 3 lasers at nearby enemies every second for 10 seconds.​
But the star has zig-zag shapes in it, so you wouldn't be able to draw it. Maybe you could change it to be that it's when you make a kind of MULTI zigzag -- like, you make it like an NNNNN. That way, it wouldn't look like a star, and the game wouldn't POSSIBLY be able to mistake it.

Wow. I really like this idea! Maybe though after you draw a tune it hangs in the air for a second and does damage. Or a rune that doesn't fit is a category could do that. Anyways though, it's your suggestion, and it has my support!

But the star has zig-zag shapes in it, so you wouldn't be able to draw it. Maybe you could change it to be that it's when you make a kind of MULTI zigzag -- like, you make it like an NNNNN. That way, it wouldn't look like a star, and the game wouldn't POSSIBLY be able to mistake it.
You could draw a star if you didn't let go of the cursor partway through drawing it.

Ok guys, to prevent the mistake of star being a zigzag let's make it a single 'z' or its rotations and their mirrored equivalents.

Edit: or a lightning. In my opinion that'd be even better, as the others aren't rotatable.

E2: also take into account that the star is harder to draw, so it should give a better effect.

Last edited:
Ok guys, to prevent the mistake of star being a zigzag let's make it a single 'z' or its rotations and their mirrored equivalents.

Edit: or a lightning. In my opinion that'd be even better, as the others aren't rotatable.

E2: also take into account that the star is harder to draw, so it should give a better effect.
You could draw a star if you didn't let go of the cursor partway through drawing it.

Also, the effect essentially turns your yoyo into a significantly larger projectile for a few seconds and I think that's pretty good.

I love this, so much support! I really think Yo-Yos should become thier own seperate class, as i really dont think Turtle/Beetle armour fits with how Yo-Yos should be used. This goes a long way towards that!

Back
Top Bottom