Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

It may not be the most impactful, game-changing announcement so far, but it is the most pure, no caveats whatsoever improvement. I've long believed that every game needs to make more of its useful gameplay information available to the player directly from within the game, rather than making us go online to find things out, and the addition of a bestiary delivers big on that. Plus, more NPCs? Also great news. Even better with its an NPC with such a cute design. The closest I can come to being critical is hoping that the new NPCs keep on coming. More room fillers mean bigger towns!
I've been curious if the new NPCs were added partially to make the Town NPC Count in 1.4 into a Multiple of 3 so we can have full 3 Person Towns with all the NPCs with no Remainder...? Would be a relief to peeps like me with OCD.

Also curious if Zoologist is meant to be like a Terraria equivalent of a Kitsune...? Zoologist reminds me of Kaiden from Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, while in his 'normal form' out of Battle with his Beast Stone off duty... (& Selkie... his Kitsune Daughter I made by schmoozing together him & Rynka. :dryadgrin:)

me: why is every one going crazy here

everyone: SHES A FURRY
Guys. Look, I know it’s all fun and games but can you please stop bringing up the furry thing. I think we’ve already established what she is and what she’s not. I know most people mean no harm but some people do and that’s no good for anyone :(

Edit: to clarify, I’m not mad at you @Litch_king. It’s more directed to people who might be tempted to take it further.

me: why is every one going crazy here

everyone: SHES A FURRY

From what I can see in that sprite, she's essentially a human with animal ears and a tail. That's hardly furry at all in the grand scheme of things, is by no means out of place in the monster-filled weirdness of Terraria, and she's probably closer to human than the dryad that nobody has any problem with anyway. I say the zoologist is an excellent addition to the cast.

I've been curious if the new NPCs were added partially to make the Town NPC Count in 1.4 into a Multiple of 3 so we can have full 3 Person Towns with all the NPCs with no Remainder...? Would be a relief to peeps like me with OCD.

Also curious if Zoologist is meant to be like a Terraria equivalent of a Kitsune...? Zoologist reminds me of Kaiden from Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, while in his 'normal form' out of Battle with his Beast Stone off duty... (& Selkie... his Kitsune Daughter I made by schmoozing together him & Rynka. :dryadgrin:)
I do believe the zoologist is meant to be a kitsune.

Speed-run Bestiary-filling runs are going to be extraordinarily difficult. I'm several real-time hours into my Terraria world and still haven't found a Lost Girl. Plus, I'm still really hoping it can account for not having a blank spot regarding those world-inclusive salamander or that snail or crab thingy. They come in a category of three. Any world only spawns two of those three.

Speed-run Bestiary-filling runs are going to be extraordinarily difficult. I'm several real-time hours into my Terraria world and still haven't found a Lost Girl. Plus, I'm still really hoping it can account for not having a blank spot regarding those world-inclusive salamander or that snail or crab thingy. They come in a category of three. Any world only spawns two of those three.
Yep i really hope they remove world exclusive enemy's now that they added the bestiary, also make it so the crimson or corruption pops into the world after defeating moonlord or something simpler

Back
Top Bottom