Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

No, that’s a fox woman. Her hair blends with her ears and the color matches perfectly. Plus, that skin tone matches with the color of a fox’s fur in the leg areas and such. That’s definitely a fox woman and unless Cenx says otherwise I’m sure of it.
Plus, she has what looks like an animal nose. She looks to really be an antropomorphised animal. I just don't get why people have such a problem with this...

Plus, she has what looks like an animal nose. She looks to really be an antropomorphised animal. I just don't get why people have such a problem with this...
I think she's a real anthro, but if you look at other sprites in comparison, her nose just looks like other terrarian humans. She seems more on the "human with fur, ears and tail" part of the anthro spectrum than the "upright standing animal" side.

Two things I'm particularly not a fan of:
1. Having to kill town NPCs to get their drop or something
2. Repetitive shop inventory

Perhaps their drop could be included in a vendor's shop?

That's definitely an overall bonus to the game. Doesn't seem too intrusive which is a big win. I wonder if any of these update things will talk about a fix for how much of a pain managing multiple chests around multiple craft stations can be and if we'll see anything similar to the magic storage mod. Here's hoping <3
also lol furbait

That's definitely an overall bonus to the game. Doesn't seem too intrusive which is a big win. I wonder if any of these update things will talk about a fix for how much of a pain managing multiple chests around multiple craft stations can be and if we'll see anything similar to the magic storage mod. Here's hoping <3
also lol furbait
Vanilla magic storage would be fantastic, but I don't expect it.

At least hopefully TML and it are updated quickly.

This really seems like an amazing update, but if I can't complete the bestiary because an enemy is not available in my world, well, my computer should learn how to fly in advance...

Catching critters and talking to npcs should count for the bestiary, also, the entries in the bestiary are still using the old sprites.

Hopefully filling out the bestiary is easier than collecting all the banners in the game. I don't want to do it a second time

Vanilla magic storage would be fantastic, but I don't expect it.

At least hopefully TML and it are updated quickly.
I wouldn't even want anything like that to be put into the basegame tbh. I only need a couple of chests at my crafting station and everything's fine.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even want anything like that to be put into the basegame tbh. I only need a couple of chests at my crafting station and everything's fine.
I can see that for many, but with me and my friends, our storage room tends to rival the size of our alchemy area, is how I'll phrase it, 3 people's worth of items when all 3 are packrats....

But I also don't mind it staying as a mod, nor do I ever expect something like it in vanilla.

the beastiary is great and all but NEW MOBS ASWELL!! turtles, torch holding zombies, antlion larva?? journeys end is going to be something else!

Hm ... Giant Shelly, Crowdady, Salamander...
Pre-hardmode enemy...
Dungeon Guardian...
Golden Criters, Blood Moon Criters...

Bug net collect information?
Hm... bug (bait power stats?)

Hm ... Giant Shelly, Crowdady, Salamander...
Pre-hardmode enemy...
Dungeon Guardian...
Golden Criters, Blood Moon Criters...

Bug net collect information?
Hm... bug (bait power stats?)
I believe they said the guardian won't be in the bestiary, since the bestiary is per-world and the guardian is missable.

as for unofficial, I imagine for those first three, they could assign 2 slots to all 3 and the two you get in the world will take those two slots.

For pre-hard mode enemies, I *think* they still spawn in hard mode, they're just rare, else there's always statues which I imagine count.

I’m sorry but why did you have to make a sexy furry woman as an npc? This is hands down the worst part about this update solely because of the kind of things this is going to inspire and it brings down my hype meter from a 10 to an 8. Why? Why did it have to have... 7177135?

what's with the extreme prejudice?

i'm honestly curious why people have such a deep hatred for furries... it makes NO sense.

Back
Top Bottom