Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

I know what I'll be doing in a week... You have to love a game that can still give you something new after 5000+ hours of playtime.

This and Journey mode are certainly a lot more... inviting news than 'Roid Rage Moon Lord;' I'm gettin' too old for those fights! :merchantsad:

I suggest gruping drops that drop only one at a time together (like the mimics) and making bestiary a user-bound feature like achivements.
Also add bestiary-like question marks to journey's duplicate, so I can look up things I haven't gotten. I hope the sorting features of bestiary like name sorting work on unknowns and that you add those same features to journey's R&D.
Still, it's going to be a very usefull feature to know what to farm (I always forget wich mosters drop what).

I'm a huge believer in wikis as a one-stop ultimate reference for game knowledge, especially for a game with such a fantastically-mantained wiki as Terraria has (Guild Wars is the only other wiki community that has impressed me as much). So unfortunately, I think I'll still be referring it to it more than the in-game bestiary. But this should still make for a nice alternative for those who don't use it.

What DOES make this appealing to me is the idea of keeping a checklist of every monster you've killed, with an ultimate goal of 100% completion. Checking things off a list is fun! I plan on playing Journey Mode in order to do the same with items using the Research panel. I just wish Research showed what you're missing like the Bestiary does (or had a more robust set of filter tabs), but I get that that's a wee bit more ambitious considering the number of enemies vs. number of items.

at long last I will no longer accidentally kill bunnies by dashing into them

also, new turtle critter? (41)

edit: also also, assuming the bestiary groups NPCs together that means there are at least 3 new NPCs we haven't seen at all yetView attachment 270021
edit 2: I think the 3 slots are for the town pets (since they probably count as NPCs) dog, cat, and bunny

It would be so cool to have 3 new town npcs that we haven't seen. I hope the town pets are located somewhere else.
Also, finally a friendly turtle. 😆

It's easier because you don't have to minimize your game, look up, then maximize.
Agreed, & it'll be extra nice for MP Play where ya can't leave the game paused while trying to Wiki...

For the Topic: Fun idea? If among the Zoologist Goodies is "Tiger Ears", it'd rock if it was possible to craft together Tiger Ears & a Jungle Rose into a Vanity Hat that combined the two together so it'd look like ya had both on at the same time... :D (Anyone with 'Jungle Girl' fondness, ya know ya wanna do this...)

Oh no... the fanart is slowly making its way into the world....
u just wait before it gets truly corrupted....

Zoologist Terraria(uwu) - terraria post - Imgur
Zoologistyss by lickagoat on Newgrounds

Credits:

TMI...
Well, looks like 158 is a boss/mini boss because of the close up shot and the fact that the blood moon, unlike most events (e.g.Mothron, solar eclipse), does not have a boss. Also, it was intended to add another boss to the Ocean (cause it looks like a nautilus) so probably this is it!
index.php

9FC9298A-0D38-4B8D-8EE7-A83E77470423.jpeg

Last edited:
TMI...
Well, looks like 158 is a boss/mini boss because of the close up shot and the fact that the blood moon, unlike most events (e.g.Mothron, solar eclipse), does not have a boss. Also, it was intended to add another boss to the Ocean (cause it looks like a nautilus) so probably this is it!
index.php

View attachment 270199
We have known about the Blood Nautilus (if that's its name) for quite some time already. It will be a mini boss as we still haven't seen anything of the 2 new bosses that will be added.

Back
Top Bottom