Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

Do I see some new blood moon enemies? Also, if I am correct, is that a new zombie?
P.S if we need to kill the dungeon guardian to complete this I am going to farm in the hallow/hollow (idk how to spell it lol)

26 27 28.png

Are we getting 3 more NPCs that we don't know about? Perhaps 3 traveling merchant sort of NPCs?

As for whether it shows texture pack sprites: MOST of them will (I'd say like 90-95% of them). However, some bestiary entries, notably some of the more "segmented" enemies (Worms mostly) had to have special textures pre-made as standalone sprites to be presentable for the bestiary. If you wanted a full texture replacement, you would need to do special texture replacements for these assets as well. Even we would have to do this, if we decided to update our sprites for some reason.
That's very good news, thank you for the informative answer.

I have one last question to you or anyone else who would know. Regarding search filters, will filter icons (which look great btw) still show up to select from even when there are currently no found enemies using that filter to select from? In other words, if you've only started the game and encountered 1 blue slime, will you still see dozens of unused filters for The Hallow, the Pumpkin Moon event, etc that are all empty?

It would be really nice if filters didn't appear until there was at least 1 enemy/mob encountered in them respectively. This would keep things much more organized earlier on, and keeps new players spoiler-free who haven't found all of these biomes/events/etc in the game yet. Plus it just feels nice to be unlocking or building-up another aspect of the bestiary as you play, rather than being shown everything available in the game all at once. Same goes for mods with new biomes etc, if the bestiary allows for mods to have their own search filters.

I saw some people theorize they could be the pets you use the pet license on, but I feel like they'd just be put into the critter section instead, or not in the bestiary at all since you can't kill or talk to them.
IIRC you will be able to pet the pets. So them being in the Bestiary wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Not sure if it has been suggested yet as I couldn’t go through all 19 pages, but another feature should be added to the search unless it’s already in but not mentioned:

We should be able to search for an item, say I want the Fethid Claws but don’t know where to get them, I can search the item and it will show all monsters that drop that item.

Ah yes. The arbiter of morality and all that is good in the world. 4chan.

Also gotta love the "more than one person is saying it so it must be true" angle.

Why are you so stressed out about this. What do you think is going to happen if we let people draw anthro animals?
Just shouldnt have massive boobs, man. This comment pg-13 ? That whole sprite is pg-13... Look, its their game, they decide what they wanna do but saying "It's always been like that in terraria" is straight up wrong, it's also NOT the same model as any others and I have no idea why people keep saying otherwise. It IS the only sprite with big boobs that are clearly visibly hangin out and on top of that it's a furry. I am fine with ya'll judging this criticism but stop twisting facts around.

Since when did your opinion become a fact?

You're the one trying to twist your personal biases into faux outrage over NOTHING. I suggest that you drop this line of discussion, it's becoming disruptive.
When I talked about facts, I was obviously referring to the comparison to other sprites but yeah, just take my words out of context, then tell me to drop the discussion for a made up reason, I am usually not one to keep pushing something but when you take my words out of context, I will correct it and keep doing so.

Back
Top Bottom