Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

They're more likely referring to the image showing most of the NPCs. The Golfer is already accounted for there. There are 3 unaccounted for slots between all currently existing NPCs, Zoologist, and golfer up through Travelling Merchant.
I apparently missed the Golfer NPC when I looked at that picture. Because he blended in with the other npcs.

speaking of the zoologist, though, does anyone know what she was attacking with?

what i see is that she have a boomerang

also.. only 7 days more!!
Capture 2020-05-10 12_14_05.png

i realized i almost have 2900 hours of terraria played... has been a lot of years !! now i remember the reason i made a steam account was to get terraria in the first place

i'm pretty sure you just talk to the NPCs to add them to the bestiary... you don't need to kill them.

speaking of the zoologist, though, does anyone know what she was attacking with?

i tried, but for the life of me i couldn't figure out whether she was clawing at enemies, or beating them with something.

anyway, the zoologist is definitely gonna be my favorite NPC. :dryadhappy:
I think she is clawing/slashing at them. Sorta fitting. I guess.

Not sure if it has been suggested yet as I couldn’t go through all 19 pages, but another feature should be added to the search unless it’s already in but not mentioned:

We should be able to search for an item, say I want the Fethid Claws but don’t know where to get them, I can search the item and it will show all monsters that drop that item.
I think that has already been implemented, but I can't remember where I saw it. Try checking out ChippyGaming's channel, I think that's most likely it.

TMI...
Well, looks like 158 is a boss/mini boss because of the close up shot and the fact that the blood moon, unlike most events (e.g.Mothron, solar eclipse), does not have a boss. Also, it was intended to add another boss to the Ocean (cause it looks like a nautilus) so probably this is it!
*Snip*
I'm surprised the Devs found a way to get Duke Fishron to share his Waters with anyone... :p

Last edited:
We designed the Bestiary to be a world save mostly so you and your friends could complete it together in one world. This also helped keep player save file size smaller, track progress easier, and enable Zoologist to be her best self. :)

I don't know if it's appropriate to say or suggest this about Zoologist.

I don't know why she puts on clothes covering her own fur.

Does she really need clothes to keep warm? Or doesn't she want to let us to see her fur?

I want to look at her real appearance (she doesn't cover herself), and I try to consider how she looks when she stands.

And seriously when the weather is very cold and I really need more clothes to keep warm,
I hope Zoologist she says "I'm OK, you first wear" to me.
I don't hope the tragic of fighting over for clothes each other happens.

Last edited:
Because it's a game frequently played by pre-adults, that's why. She's at least mostly human, and humans wear clothes.

People should stop obsessing over her appearance, and what she may or may not be. She has a specific function in the game that is far more important than how she looks.

Just wait until the update comes out, and you'll see that when you play.

Does she really need clothes to keep warm? Or doesn't she want to let us to see her fur?

I want to look at her real appearance (she doesn't cover herself), and I try to consider how she looks when she stands.

And seriously when the weather is very cold and I need more clothes to keep warm,
I don't hope the tragic of fighting over clothes each other happens.
Maybe she likes looking fashionable :p

And seriously when the weather is very cold and I really need more clothes to keep warm,
I don't hope the tragic of fighting over for clothes each other happens.
She's more human than animal. Like dog or cat girls from anime. Lazure said a drawing depicting her as such posted on twitter was what he'd had in mind designing her. I'm not sure she even has fur outside the ears and tail.

Ok.. i think i dont like this Fox Girl. I stopped playing World of Warcraft because Vulpera join the Game. This are so miracle sweet Fox.. NOT! Hate them! I hate stupids sweet useless... will stop here.

On first Time saw this Fox Girl... i remember Foxxy Love from Drawn Together. I like her! She was never sweet or useless or dumb... wait... What?

Not Sure i Like the new NPC. Maybe. Maybe not. Whatever. When meet her in Game then i know it.

Hopefull one Name she get in Game is Foxxy:passionate:

Back
Top Bottom