Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

She's more human than animal. Like dog or cat girls from anime. Lazure said a drawing depicting her as such posted on twitter was what he'd had in mind designing her. I'm not sure she even has fur outside the ears and tail.
Because it's a game frequently played by pre-adults, that's why. She's at least mostly human, and humans wear clothes.

People should stop obsessing over her appearance, and what she may or may not be. She has a specific function in the game that is far more important than how she looks.

Just wait until the update comes out, and you'll see that when you play.

I don't know why you say "She's at least mostly human".
Is she a human? Is she not a fox (though she can stand)? Or is she a hybrid?
Then exactly what race is she? If let me guess, I think she is an erectus fox (and she's sapient).

If she is a human, I really worry about Wuhan pneumonia (Covid-19) plague, because this represents she can be infected by humans and can spread Wuhan pneumonia.

Frankly speaking, when I know Zoologist the NPC will come out, I not only feel excited but also feel wonderful fantastic.
Maybe because my opinion is that though she and I are different, but she can make me feel interested if she can talk with me.

And I don't think it can be exact when we consider any other races by human's viewpoint.
Why don't we consider if I am that fox, or a dryad, what is her viewpoint?

Maybe this is also why we can find Hylian, Gerudo, Zora, and Goron, they have different cultures.
We cannot force any other ethnic groups to live according to our culture, viewpoint, or standard, for example, we cannot ask or force Zora or Goron them to put on clothes.
(Truffle NPC and Nymphs in Terraria are naked, aren't they?)

Maybe recently I find that I excessively depress myself, I possibly say many meaningless words.
Because recently Wuhan pneumonia is still outbreaking, I don't want to touch people crowd, and I am also afraid of being infected.
And then recently I played "Shin Megami Tensei Deep Strange Journey", I selected "New Chaos" route ending,
and I find myself that my bond to those friendly demons even over humans in Red Sprite ship,
so I Finally understand a pathetic fact about myself, "I cannot be myself" if living in human society and I am difficultly to get along other people.
So recently I often fantasy about Greek myth nymphs, and seldom I dreamed that I talk to other races saying my perplexity,
all words I don't dare to talk to humans, I talk to other races, though that was only a dream.
Maybe this is also why I feel fantastic when Zoologist the NPC will come out. I hope she doesn't make me feel disappointed.

I don't think she has any fur. I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about the Zoologist. She's kemomimi not kemono.

fur.png This is what she would look like if she were full kemono.

I don't understand what is kemomimi or kemono.
So do you mean that Sonic and Tails also don't have any fur?

If she doesn't have fur, I don't understand why so many people call her furry.

Last edited:
Apologies if this was already discussed somewhere and I missed it, but would it be possible to search the Bestiary by item drop? Seems like I spend much of my time in the Wiki looking for which monsters drop a specific item. This would certainly make crafting the Ankh Shield much more enjoyable.

I don't understand what is kemomimi or kemono.
To make a better explanation kemomimi is a human with animal characteristics (like ears and a tail), kemono is an anthropomorphized animal. Kemono just means "beast" in Japanese and is what most people would refer to in English as a furry, although it's come more to specifically mean Japanese style anthro character as opposed to "furry" meaning western style anthro character.
Zoologist does not have fur, that is her skin color.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Last edited:
She's got the exact same profile as the other NPCs and the player. So unless they all have snouts too she's got a normal human face.
I know her face has the exact same profile, but some fan art has been depicting her with a normal human face with a canine nose with no snout.
Human nose. In the specific words of her designer, Lazure:

"only her ears are affected and she has a tail"
I need to nail this to a church door somewhere. The fan artists must hear the word.

Just going to set the record straight here:
Zoologist does not have fur, that is her skin color.
Human nose. In the specific words of her designer, Lazure:

"only her ears are affected and she has a tail"
Well that's kind of a disappointing confirmation, was hoping she'd be more of a monster race and less of an anime girl beastkin.

What's that npc in #13 slot?
That would be the new Golfer NPC.

Woow I just calculated and there will be cca 100 ne mobs/npcs/critters/bosses added since current version has (If I calculated correctly) +-417 of them!

I'm really excited about those turtles and a ladybug, some kind of a mythical butterfly. Man amazing, can't wait for it to come out!

at long last I will no longer accidentally kill bunnies by dashing into them

also, new turtle critter? (41)

edit: also also, assuming the bestiary groups NPCs together that means there are at least 3 new NPCs we haven't seen at all yetView attachment 270021
edit 2: I think the 3 slots are for the town pets (since they probably count as NPCs) dog, cat, and bunny
Also there is a ladybug in some of the photos, super excited to see what it does just like the turtle one !

Back
Top Bottom