Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

Zoologist Is Demi Human.
Just End The Furry Stuff
Okay, for all we know, those are just clip-ons. If you take a close look at the ear and tail accessories, you can see they're basically both clip-ons, so she may not actually have a tail and fox ears. Also, gotta wonder why people hate anthros. I can get it if there was that small majority that ruins it for everyone, but still

Okay, for all we know, those are just clip-ons. If you take a close look at the ear and tail accessories, you can see they're basically both clip-ons, so she may not actually have a tail and fox ears. Also, gotta wonder why people hate anthros. I can get it if there was that small majority that ruins it for everyone, but still
EXACTLY! Thank you! Sheesh. :p This is the idea that I'm going with.

Besides, why does no one have a problem with the Witch Doctor being a scaly. They're literally a Lizard Man and nobody complains. They have FAR fewer human features than the Zoologist, but when people see fur, suddenly people lose their mind?

It's not that hard to say that if they're not hurting you, there's no reason to be scared of them or dislike something.

I know that I fully intend on using their services to the best of my ability. I've wanted a dog in town for the longest.

EXACTLY! Thank you! Sheesh. :p This is the idea that I'm going with.

Besides, why does no one have a problem with the Witch Doctor being a scaly. They're literally a Lizard Man and nobody complains. They have FAR fewer human features than the Zoologist, but when people see fur, suddenly people lose their mind?

It's not that hard to say that if they're not hurting you, there's no reason to be scared of them or dislike something.

I know that I fully intend on using their services to the best of my ability. I've wanted a dog in town for the longest.
Yeah the whole furry community has ruined the zoologist npc for some people.

I mean, I get it. Everyone wants representation. It's just a matter of how far we have to stretch to get it. Gotta be honest with ourselves, y'know?

I hope I'm not derailing the original purpose of the thread or anything. At the very least, giving this new NPC a proper welcoming committee would be a fitting greeting for the hard work and effort that went into her production.

I know that I'd be pretty down if I put a lot of creative thought and energy into something and people boo'd it for silly reasons.

at long last I will no longer accidentally kill bunnies by dashing into them

also, new turtle critter? (41)

edit: also also, assuming the bestiary groups NPCs together that means there are at least 3 new NPCs we haven't seen at all yetView attachment 270021
edit 2: I think the 3 slots are for the town pets (since they probably count as NPCs) dog, cat, and bunny
quick question who is npc 13

index.php
well yes but I think he was talking about the turtle in the picture I showed you

...i think this is going a bit too far, you start debating her race, then... immediately start talking about her being infected and spreading a real life disease in the game?

Isn't discussing epidemic disease here appropriate?

If you have ever played World of Warcraft, maybe you possibly know what's "Corrupted Blood" incident.
"Corrupted Blood" the kind of debuff had ever caused virtual epidemic disease in World of Warcraft the game.

If playing Fire Emblem Heroes, I don't know whether there are who ever considered the pandemic outbreak,
for example, if there's virtual plague outbreaking in Askr or Embla, how many other worlds will be affected.

In Terraria the game, if there is human plague debuff that can make an infected NPC infect other humans,
I don't know whether there are who ever considered which town NPCs will be in danger and which ones will be safe.

Also curious if Zoologist is meant to be like a Terraria equivalent of a Kitsune...? Zoologist reminds me of Kaiden from Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, while in his 'normal form' out of Battle with his Beast Stone off duty... (& Selkie... his Kitsune Daughter I made by schmoozing together him & Rynka. :dryadgrin:)

But why is Kaiden similar with kemonomimi? Is Kaiden a laguz?
I only know there are laguzes in Radiant Dawn.

Speed-run Bestiary-filling runs are going to be extraordinarily difficult. I'm several real-time hours into my Terraria world and still haven't found a Lost Girl.

I think that filling Bestiary about Lost Girl will be very difficult, because she can become a nymph, and then filling the one is a Nymph instead of a Lost Girl.

Honestly speaking, I also don't understand why some people hate or fear furries, and some of them even don't hope furries appearing in Terraria the game.
(though lizard men actually are not furries, because they don't have fur)

If those people are NEVER hurt by furries, I really don't understand why those people hate or fear furries.

Last edited:
Isn't discussing epidemic disease here appropriate?

If you have ever played World of Warcraft, maybe you possibly know what's "Corrupted Blood" incident.
"Corrupted Blood" the kind of debuff had ever caused virtual epidemic disease in World of Warcraft the game.

If playing Fire Emblem Heroes, I don't know whether there are who ever considered the pandemic outbreak,
for example, if there's virtual plague outbreaking in Askr or Embla, how many other worlds will be affected.

In Terraria the game, if there is human plague debuff that can make an infected NPC infect other humans,
I don't know whether there are who ever considered which town NPCs will be in danger and which ones will be safe.
Feral Bite says "Hi" as well... (Talkin about livin up to the TVTrope, "Goddamned Bats"...)

But why is Kaiden similar with kemonomimi? Is Kaiden a laguz?
I only know there are laguzes in Radiant Dawn.
I've never heard of a "laguz"... actually i'm also unfamiliar with the term "kemonomimi" & that other similar one as well... i'm only familiar with "Kitsune", & even then i'm not an expert on them. I only know that I like Kaiden & Selkie.

I think that filling Bestiary about Lost Girl will be very difficult, because she can become a nymph, and then filling the one is a Nymph instead of a Lost Girl.
I'd be surprised if Lost Girl & Nymph didn't bunk together into one Bestiary Entry... for while they are 2 separate Entities in the eyes of the Game Code, they are one & the same Entity in the eyes of the Lore... & I think it's the Nymph that's the Real Creature, & the Lost Girl a non-creature simply used as a Disguise & a Trap... so I think it's probable that the Bestiary will only include Nymph & at best, the "Lost Girl Disguise" might get a mention in the Nymph's Monster Description.

Of course it'd figure if my guess on this 'missed the Golf Ball right into the Sand'... :p

Honestly speaking, I also don't understand why some people hate or fear furries, and some of them even don't hope furries appearing in Terraria the game.
(though lizard men actually are not furries, because they don't have fur)

If those people are NEVER hurt by furries, I really don't understand why those people hate or fear furries.
Alas... sometimes Peoples can't handle stuff that's too different from them... :dryadsad:

Back
Top Bottom