N Terraria combined with Tmod in the future?...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Terraria Discussion Groups' started by Kitkat_Emm, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Kitkat_Emm

Kitkat_Emm Terrarian

any thoughts on this? I love N Terraria but i ALSO love Tmod and would LOVE to see these 2 teams come together.

Heres what i'm thinking
    N terraria already uses leveled lists and deep stat changing scripts and questing and the like
    Tmod allows you to introduce new elements, items, monsters, etc.

I say combine the ability to introduce new items into the N Terraria leveled lists to find new stuff at higher levels and maybe even quests that specifically give these new items out as a reward. Introduce a long term main plot to N terraria. Both teams have insane talent in terraria mod content creation and i'd love to see what would happen if you combined the two projects.

2. Jenosis

Jenosis Dungeon Spirit

Personally I would love to see this happen. As I see it you have a very solid levelling mod (with quests, stats, etc.) and combined with other mods it would be a really fun experince I think. I'm not sure how the scaling with mobs would work with other mods.

3. Nakano15

Nakano15 Official Terrarian

Tmod does not have support for custom interface right now by what I saw,
    and neither for custom drawing script for races.
    So will not work.

4. leonardo vinicius

leonardo vinicius Terrarian

Its more simple to make a rpg mod "like" nTerraria in tmod...
    (Imagine: Tmod and nterraria are for normal terraria and for doing this work we need to wait a version of nterraria and then a tmod make using nterraria as base(and not the normal terraria).
    well... hard to work right?

5. Nakano15

Without custom interface, I cannot add support to let you check the status and level of the player.

6. Kitkat_Emm

Kitkat_Emm Terrarian

so you're all saying it's POSSIBLE just not YET. Which i understand how development and integration works so i can understand that such a thing will take time. That's why i said in the future lol.

7. Nakano15

Sure, maybe on the future I can try making a Tmod version of this mod, I just hope it lasts longer than tAPI.
    Because having to redo the mod, or not be able to use it because Terraria updated and the api is discontinued sucks.

HeroGabe likes this.
  8. Kitkat_Emm

Kitkat_Emm Terrarian

yeah i totally agree with that bit.

HeroGabe likes this.