Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

You said an up-to-date changelog, that's what i thought. Look at the wiki, it may help a little bit. As for the mod, you should ALWAYS follow the main quest, dont bother with the side ones, they're not worth it. Dont go farther than the main quest, because in version 29 i managed to go as far as kill Plantera and then Golem, and now i gotta go to the dungeon and do all of that stuff... So my tip is dont go too far.

Wiki doesn't have it either. Thought about trying a ranger but I don't know which 2nd class to pick. Hunter sounds more dps and soldier sounds more tanky but it be nice if I had an idea about their abilities, etc...

I tried out merchant, templar, warrior and figther, ranger and mage aswell. I have ranger and mage as my NPP's, and i dont have alot of info. Merchant is only useful if you're playing in a group so just ignore him, templar is a tank-dpslike class, warrior and fighter are more DPS and some tank. If you're ranger or mage templar or merchant is a good idea for buying ingridients for your guns, bullets and such.

I tried out merchant, templar, warrior and figther, ranger and mage aswell. I have ranger and mage as my NPP's, and i dont have alot of info. Merchant is only useful if you're playing in a group so just ignore him, templar is a tank-dpslike class, warrior and fighter are more DPS and some tank. If you're ranger or mage templar or merchant is a good idea for buying ingridients for your guns, bullets and such.
I personally prefer using merchant for myself, with ranger and mage as my npplayers, and while I push ranger or mage for my npplayers, I keep all of my staffs as balanced as possible so that I can use any type of weapon that I want. Although i'm not really sure what secondary I should use, maybe Templer for myself and hunter for my npplayers

By the way, awesome mod, it's very impressive what you managed to do in Terraria, which is a game that has very little to none modding support

I got a gamebreaking bug - Jungle Raid II, where you need to kill 300 Lizard Creatures at the Lihzahrd (what?). Now 300 is already ALOT, so change it to 150, 200 or 250 like in everywhere else, but that's not what im here to talk about. After spending a couple of minutes in the Temple/Dungeon (as it's labeled), i saw that the counter was not going down. It remained at 300. I relogged, came back and it didnt work. Please fix this immediatly, as this stops me from progressing further in the main quest.

No? I read all the stickied bits, but it doesn't even MENTION half the classes I'm seeing as options (hunter, soldier, templar, etc). Even if there is a text file somewhere I'd love to get my hands on it.

Also, honest question, before I really dig in: is this mod fairly balanced or will it ruin my sense of progression a few hours in? I already feel a little OP with just a maxed mage and a full space set, but maybe that wears off...
It depends on what gamemode you're playing, in freemode on an expert mode world it'll ruin your progression due to everything one hitting you, but you also one hit everything back haha

but won't it be worth it in the end? And plus, can't you just copy an npc and change some stuff?
It is harder than you think.
Npcs names for example, will require me to mask some lists in order to make it work correctly with mod npcs.
Making an npc is a lot harder than you thought, even more after the insane number of arrays implemented on Terraria 1.3.
I got a gamebreaking bug - Jungle Raid II, where you need to kill 300 Lizard Creatures at the Lihzahrd (what?). Now 300 is already ALOT, so change it to 150, 200 or 250 like in everywhere else, but that's not what im here to talk about. After spending a couple of minutes in the Temple/Dungeon (as it's labeled), i saw that the counter was not going down. It remained at 300. I relogged, came back and it didnt work. Please fix this immediatly, as this stops me from progressing further in the main quest.
I will investigate the issue.
Here's a question - is the summoner class released yet?
Do you see it ingame?

I love the tombstones that fall from zombies.
''She did not live long enough to reveal the secret of the Murasame...''
wait but it's already revealed .-. plus i'm the one who revealed it. you may flame me now. even though i did it like 6 months ago or sumthin

I love the tombstones that fall from zombies.
''She did not live long enough to reveal the secret of the Murasame...''
wait but it's already revealed .-. plus i'm the one who revealed it. you may flame me now. even though i did it like 6 months ago or sumthin
Not really were revealed. *evil face*

It is harder than you think.
Npcs names for example, will require me to mask some lists in order to make it work correctly with mod npcs.
Making an npc is a lot harder than you thought, even more after the insane number of arrays implemented on Terraria 1.3.

I will investigate the issue.

Do you see it ingame?
Can't you just make one name for the npc? And you did make names for the blacksmith before right? So why can't you just do it again?

Can't you just make one name for the npc? And you did make names for the blacksmith before right? So why can't you just do it again?

"Npcs names for example, will require me to mask some lists in order to make it work correctly with mod npcs."

I believe he means that when the game creates an NPC, it would normally choose one from a file which limits certain names to certain NPC types, such as "NAME_GUIDE", or "NAME_MERCHANT" for example. If a game were to load an NPC that it doesn't have a prepared name for, it would likely either display random characters (best outcome), hit the bug stop trigger and crash the game (frustrating, but understandable), or crash the game AND corrupt the player or world files (bad). He needs to work out a way for the game to view the extra NPC as an already existing type, or program it to recognize and use the new NPC in the world (AND THEN bugtest to see if it displays any unwanted behavior).

Quote from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Array_programming

"The fundamental idea behind array programming is that operations apply at once to an entire set of values. This makes it a high level programming model, as it allows the programmer to think and operate on whole aggregates of data, without having to resort to explicit loops of individual scalar operations."

(In short, measure to the power of "n", cut once).

Last edited:
I mean freemode on normal world, he is hitting me for 700 with best eq avalaible for this progress. He is killing me with 2 hits ;_;

I mean freemode on normal world, he is hitting me for 700 with best eq avalaible for this progress. He is killing me with 2 hits ;_;
Pretty much have to grind until you're strong enough, also try to use every potions that can help (Or object like Campfire)

Back
Top Bottom