Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Why am I taking 200+ damage from everything even with at level armor and = level enemies? as a note they only have 134 atk.
That is because the game is taking into consideration Pierce and Immunity points, if your Immunity percentage is lower than the enemy Pierce percentage, enemies will give that spare percent of extra damage on you. The same is also valid for when you attack a monster, but counts your Pierce against the monster's Immunity.
Ex:Your Pierce Point is 50%, enemy's Immunity Point is 45%, subtracting the pierce with the immunity, you discovers that you do 5% more damage on the enemy, what is good.

Also, in case you find the pierce and immunity bothersome, you can turn it off on the mod options.
is the creator still even watching these comments?
Indeed.
Yes he is he is just a busy person who can't check the forum everyday.
I try my best.
thx and how did i make the #6666 comment?
Easy, you appeared... And posted...?
I have a weird issue, Nterraria does run alot of scripts but as I built a huge base it has a lower FPS. But this noticeably laggy lower FPS is caused by...standing..still? My base isn't even in my view though it does happen at my base too, Im at my arena surviving a blood moon and the fps drops only when Im standing still, but when Im moving everything around me is back to normal and the chaos resumes smoothly. This weird fps drop happens even when nothing is happening.

Weird. But if I am moving at any speed, the game runs 100% better and the fps is off the roof, but only when I am pressing my a and d keys (walking left and right). So when I stand still I get this weird fps drop, then as soon as I move and as long as Im moving, everything runs 100% better like It's supposed to be.

I'm having a hard time understanding what's happening.

-edit lol, setting quality to medium (which literally just changed the pattern of the pixels, giving absolutely no visual difference) made my game fast and smooth like normal again. But I still don't understand why that was the case.
I believe some code that needs the player to be stopped is badly optimized, I believe I bumped into that issue, but never actually tried to find what causes it, beside I believe it's worse with npplayers.

That is because the game is taking into consideration Pierce and Immunity points, if your Immunity percentage is lower than the enemy Pierce percentage, enemies will give that spare percent of extra damage on you. The same is also valid for when you attack a monster, but counts your Pierce against the monster's Immunity.
Ex:Your Pierce Point is 50%, enemy's Immunity Point is 45%, subtracting the pierce with the immunity, you discovers that you do 5% more damage on the enemy, what is good.

Also, in case you find the pierce and immunity bothersome, you can turn it off on the mod options.

Indeed.

I try my best.

Easy, you appeared... And posted...?

I believe some code that needs the player to be stopped is badly optimized, I believe I bumped into that issue, but never actually tried to find what causes it, beside I believe it's worse with npplayers.

Well I already have 4 other npplayers. Lowering the quality to medium in settings makes my game super fast and just changed the pattern of lighting lol. no visual difference and running fast again. Hopefully you can find the issue, might have something to do with the AFK penalty script. That's the only thing that I can think of that is effecting standing around.

Last edited:
So a level 23 zombie lists 82 damage(pierce: 1%) does 84 damage, I'm level 28 with 30 total vitality 107 defense each piece of my armor and shield of cthulhu list as 1% immunity. This is how it is supposed to work? also when set to not matter antlion charger does like 300 damage still, also zones play music when it is at 0% don't know if it's intended or not.
I try my best.
I was complementing you on how dedicated you are. :happy:

Last edited:
ye um if you want a summoner playtrough then be medic because you can heal yourself to full hp fast and i think it heals more than healing potions and has like a 5 second reload
[doublepost=1471003329,1471003302][/doublepost]so it is op

Well I already have 4 other npplayers. Lowering the quality to medium in settings makes my game super fast and just changed the pattern of lighting lol. no visual difference and running fast again. Hopefully you can find the issue, might have something to do with the AFK penalty script. That's the only thing that I can think of that is effecting standing around.
I forgot about the afk penalty script... I'll check it.
Nakano was demon supposed to be the lowest defense and highest damage?
Indeed, if everything was 5-5, peoples would certainly pick the races with skill bonus instead.
So a level 23 zombie lists 82 damage(pierce: 1%) does 84 damage, I'm level 28 with 30 total vitality 107 defense each piece of my armor and shield of cthulhu list as 1% immunity. This is how it is supposed to work? also when set to not matter antlion charger does like 300 damage still, also zones play music when it is at 0% don't know if it's intended or not.

I was complementing you on how dedicated you are. :happy:
The Pierce value is shown when hovering your weapons, while Immunity value while hovering defensive equipments, the value shown is the total pierce/immunity value.

I forgot about the afk penalty script... I'll check it.

Indeed, if everything was 5-5, peoples would certainly pick the races with skill bonus instead.

The Pierce value is shown when hovering your weapons, while Immunity value while hovering defensive equipments, the value shown is the total pierce/immunity value.

Little update, though I have made my speed fast, it seems It's not at the fastest when I'm standing, so apparently I still seem to have this issue, I test it by using the scrolling through the crafting items. When standing still it is slightly slower still. So somehow this odd thing is still slowing me down. I even had my npplayers out of sight while I was building, and I noticed that it was still slightly slower while standing still. I could probably record this if you want.

Little update, though I have made my speed fast, it seems It's not at the fastest when I'm standing, so apparently I still seem to have this issue, I test it by using the scrolling through the crafting items. When standing still it is slightly slower still. So somehow this odd thing is still slowing me down. I even had my npplayers out of sight while I was building, and I noticed that it was still slightly slower while standing still. I could probably record this if you want.
Have you tested without npplayers in the team?

So surely the example with my 1% immunity would cancel out the 1% pierce and so my standard defense of 107 would lower the damage taken not raise?

Have you tested without npplayers in the team?

Yeah ofcourse it won't be laggy anymore the npplayers aren't there using them scripts. My point was Nterraria being pretty script heavy, but standing still with these scripts makes the game slower. Doesn't make alot of sense.

Last edited:
So surely the example with my 1% immunity would cancel out the 1% pierce and so my standard defense of 107 would lower the damage taken not raise?
Actually, Pierce and Immunity influences on the damage caused instead on you. So if the damage with defense would be 40, with 20% pierce and 0% immunity would be 48 damage.
Yeah ofcourse it won't be laggy anymore the npplayers aren't there using them scripts. My point was Nterraria being pretty script heavy, but standing still with these scripts makes the game slower. Doesn't make alot of sense.
Maybe it's because npplayers are script heavy, even though they are still stupid, I even checked their scripts last night, and the thought I had were that they need their scripts to be remade.

Actually, Pierce and Immunity influences on the damage caused instead on you. So if the damage with defense would be 40, with 20% pierce and 0% immunity would be 48 damage.

Maybe it's because npplayers are script heavy, even though they are still stupid, I even checked their scripts last night, and the thought I had were that they need their scripts to be remade.

They are ofcourse dumb at times, they can't get through complicated structures, demons fly into corners forever and those furries just double jump into corners lol. I just don't know why standing still with them around slows the game down a bit, but when you know moving at any speed It's back to It's fullest normal performance. It's weird.

Also wanted to tell you about an issue, not sure if this is going for anyone else but I cannot rename signs in Nterrara, I click edit and nothing happens, can't type anything.

Also wanted to tell you about an issue, not sure if this is going for anyone else but I cannot rename signs in Nterrara, I click edit and nothing happens, can't type anything.
That sign issue is an old annoying issue, beside I thought it did not happened on this season.
That issue were nagging me since around NT3.

I'll try checking it.
Edit:. Just found out something, Pierce and Immunity option is bugged.
So even if you disable it, monsters still deal the bonus damage, and if you enable it, disables player pierce/immunity.

Hey When I try to my old NTerraria characters into the new it won't work am I doom'd to have to regain everything I earned?
also I have worlds

That sign issue is an old annoying issue, beside I thought it did not happened on this season.
That issue were nagging me since around NT3.

I'll try checking it.
Edit:. Just found out something, Pierce and Immunity option is bugged.
So even if you disable it, monsters still deal the bonus damage, and if you enable it, disables player pierce/immunity.

No wonder bosses were giving me such a hard time xD

Hey When I try to my old NTerraria characters into the new it won't work am I doom'd to have to regain everything I earned?
also I have worlds
Yes, you'll feel like playing the mod again from the beggining.
No wonder bosses were giving me such a hard time xD
Sure is, but no worry, to fix the issue, turn on the pierce and immunity system.
In case it does not work yet, an update may be coming soon, I just need to finish the new regular and hardcore mode changes.

Yes, you'll feel like playing the mod again from the beggining.

Sure is, but no worry, to fix the issue, turn on the pierce and immunity system.
In case it does not work yet, an update may be coming soon, I just need to finish the new regular and hardcore mode changes.

Will these changes be compatible with my current world and characters? (the latest version of Nterraria)

Back
Top Bottom