Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

I got some ideas, NPPlayer(s) fighting with and/or against the Player(s) (Enemy NPPlayers DO get attacked by Zombies and stuff, Obviously.)
1-4 Friendly NPPlayers (Of Course) with you (The Player) vs 1-5 Enemy NPPlayers, and Minions don't try to attack the Enemy NPPlayers (like they do to players yet DO somehow attack them by touching them or being touched by them.) and to choose which type of NPPlayer to have will be in the character selection (well, duhh) but has a [F] for Friendly, and a [E] or [H], E for Enemy and H for Hostile.

It's most likely IS a pain in the butt, but if you DO make it. I WILL like it a LOT MORE!!! :D I've wait for your answer for it.
Actually, I've made some scripts so it's possible to fight enemy npplayers, the problem is that currently there is nothing using it.
I believe that with the new realms system, I can try to make something like a pvp arena so the player and his npplayers can fight enemy npplayers.
What do you think?

@topic No one even thought about banners giving extra exp for when killing a monster that have the banner buff on.
Next update, killing an enemy with the banner buff giving bonus to that monster will give you 10% more exp.
Is 10% too small?

Actually, I've made some scripts so it's possible to fight enemy npplayers, the problem is that currently there is nothing using it.
I believe that with the new realms system, I can try to make something like a pvp arena so the player and his npplayers can fight enemy npplayers.
What do you think?

@topic No one even thought about banners giving extra exp for when killing a monster that have the banner buff on.
Next update, killing an enemy with the banner buff giving bonus to that monster will give you 10% more exp.
Is 10% too small?
I would love it more if YOU (The Player) can have your other characters (NPPlayers) to be enemies in singleplayer, so I'll be alone with my NPPlayers. :3

I guess I got it, but I wonder what the enemy npplayers will do when they are not attacking the player.
Probably killing zombies, slimes, other normal enemies.
[doublepost=1474169970,1474169903][/doublepost]
I guess I got it, but I wonder what the enemy npplayers will do when they are not attacking the player.
Maybe even the FRIENDLY NPPlayers.
[doublepost=1474170224][/doublepost]
or even the friendly little animals! O_O

Probably killing zombies, slimes, other normal enemies.
[doublepost=1474169970,1474169903][/doublepost]
Maybe even the FRIENDLY NPPlayers.
[doublepost=1474170224][/doublepost]
or even the friendly little animals! :O
Actually, the problem is that it can lead to camping, I will need to think how the enemy npplayers will behave, so
avoid it being an exploit or something.

Actually, the problem is that it can lead to camping, I will need to think how the enemy npplayers will behave, so
avoid it being an exploit or something.
I'll wait for the release of your update with my idea on it (maybe) and I hope you give me credit for the idea.

well, looks like i got excited for nothing.

1. it's for the steam version and i have the gog version installed.
2. at the top of the first page it says it doesn't use a modloader yet down in the installation instructions...download a modloader. -_- really?

well, guess i won't be using this mod which i'd REALLY like to.

edit: that's one thing that always bothered me about mods for this game. theres all these great mods and stuff that you can use BUT if your not using the steam version then most, if not all, of said mods are pretty much off limits.

Last edited:
well, looks like i got excited for nothing.

1. it's for the steam version and i have the gog version installed.
2. at the top of the first page it says it doesn't use a modloader yet down in the installation instructions...download a modloader. -_- really?

well, guess i won't be using this mod which i'd REALLY like to.

edit: that's one thing that always bothered me about mods for this game. theres all these great mods and stuff that you can use BUT if your not using the steam version then most, if not all, of said mods are pretty much off limits.
It does not uses tModLoader, because it's a standalone mod.
And yes, no gog version yet, because I can't figure out a way
of making a gog version of the game, since the way I know breaks the forum rules.
No. but you can still have your characters to be enemy npplayers, right?
Yes, I can.
BTW, It would be cool to BE the enemy npplayer. maybe even the enemy npplayers can be a team, like the friendly npplayers are in the player's team.
Like, a clone of the player with his own clone party?

It does not uses tModLoader, because it's a standalone mod.
And yes, no gog version yet, because I can't figure out a way
of making a gog version of the game, since the way I know breaks the forum rules.

Yes, I can.

Like, a clone of the player with his own clone party?
Sort of, If the player clone was the npplayer you pick to use, and the clone party are other npplayers you have as also enemies.

Probably is easy enough to check out, as it would be referring to using a ranged item (and happen to use something with a slow use time). Kinda like how they are shooting rapidly, and then try to use skills at the same time (which I kinda remember it needing a certain amount of time before the skill can be used)

OR IN SUMMARY:
The NPPlayer will attack forever in target, making the skill pretty much unusable (due to it needing to finish using the item first)

Feel free to ignore if the skills was revised a few months ago, as I was playing it serious at that time.

Back
Top Bottom