• Console & Mobile Terrarians - news for 1.4.4.9! iOS and Android 1.4.4.9 out now. PS and Xbox should be very soon. Switch and Amazon are in submission. Great way to end the year - everyone on the same version of Terraria! More details HERE.

Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Pebkio

Steampunker
Yeah, I was in the jungle at night and was consistently at 5-10 fps. But I did notice a few things before I turned it off... like how slow class levels rose. I'm sitting at level 35, and still leveling regularly, but my Medic is struggling to get to level 8. And I'm going to plead for a starting two stat points. It hurts me, deep in my soul, when I max out at level 150 but only have 298 stats.

Edit: Thinking back, the spawn seemed to be crazy during the FPS drop. Like an event number of spawns.

Last edited:

Roxxz

Golem

Tmod supports checking if a mod is present and then if it's do something. Many mods use it. There is also an example in example mod if i'm not mistaken.

I was going to post this on the thread you put as a link on the previous comment but it says I dont have enough privileges to post there or something.

mr.skellis

Terrarian
in the season 7 you can put another race? maybe a spider humanoid o a i dont know a.... lamia? and a sensual blood knight like a secondary class *-*
(this mod is the better thing i see in mi :red: life)

Nakano15

Terrarian
Tmod supports checking if a mod is present and then if it's do something. Many mods use it. There is also an example in example mod if i'm not mistaken.

I was going to post this on the thread you put as a link on the previous comment but it says I dont have enough privileges to post there or something.
Because It's in the mod social group.
And check for mod support is not exactly the problem, the problem is try calling something from the other mod, like a command that should be triggered by another mod.
in the season 7 you can put another race? maybe a spider humanoid o a i dont know a.... lamia? and a sensual blood knight like a secondary class *-*
(this mod is the better thing i see in mi :red: life)
A Spider Humanoid I dunno, might make Marvel angry.
A Lamia race? Maybe.
And classes will pass through another revamp on the new version, but I'm still formulating how they will work.
All I am sure about is that all game modes will use the same class, but I does not know yet how you will
be able to level it up, and also how their skills will work.

JacksonJ

Terrarian
Because It's in the mod social group.
And check for mod support is not exactly the problem, the problem is try calling something from the other mod, like a command that should be triggered by another mod.

A Spider Humanoid I dunno, might make Marvel angry.
A Lamia race? Maybe.
And classes will pass through another revamp on the new version, but I'm still formulating how they will work.
All I am sure about is that all game modes will use the same class, but I does not know yet how you will
be able to level it up, and also how their skills will work.

Hey Nakano, i know programming is a difficult thing, im not force you to rush complete the next version..
but can you make Update just for support with newest Terraria version? or at least version with sorting items..
i don't really care with the class system because for me its quite good already, but sorting.. dang! can you believe it i stop playing NT just because im waiting for sorting?
i believe many player here wait just for that little function haha.

but if make it support to sorting version of T also difficult you can let me know, i will understand..
I just afraid that you want to make it really2 perfect before release the New Version of NT

oh btw once again,
Your Mod is a such GREAT MOD

Nakano15

Terrarian
Hey Nakano, i know programming is a difficult thing, im not force you to rush complete the next version..
but can you make Update just for support with newest Terraria version? or at least version with sorting items..
i don't really care with the class system because for me its quite good already, but sorting.. dang! can you believe it i stop playing NT just because im waiting for sorting?
i believe many player here wait just for that little function haha.

but if make it support to sorting version of T also difficult you can let me know, i will understand..
I just afraid that you want to make it really2 perfect before release the New Version of NT

oh btw once again,
Your Mod is a such GREAT MOD
I'll not launch the mod update earlier just because of the sorting function, I know it is useful, but
there is a lot more in the mod that needs to be worked on before launch.

Nakano15

Terrarian
I believe this will not be in the base mod, but It is still cool to see.
NPP Train.png

Pebkio

Steampunker
Farewell, right side of the screen, I knew thee well... except not so well because the minimap is a big butt. Is that the new NPPlayer thing?

Nakano15

Terrarian
Farewell, right side of the screen, I knew thee well... except not so well because the minimap is a big butt. Is that the new NPPlayer thing?
That is the new npplayers party members hud, beside it is also valid for other players who are in the same party on multiplayer.
It is confusing to know who is the owner of the health bar sections, but futurelly that will be changed to be less confusing.

Pebkio

Steampunker
Can anyone help me installing this mod now. I'm not quite sure how to get Terraria version 1.3.0.8
I'm sure there's a mod loader thing, but here's what I do: I name the mod's exe to "Terraria_N" and then copy both the exe and the contents folder into the Terraria main folder (so that the contents folders meld). Then, whenever I want to play N Terraria, I rename the base exe to "Terraria_O" and then rename "Terraria_N" to Terraria. Whilest N Terraria is running, it'll automatically put the game at 1.3.0.8.

Comrade Hacker

Official Terrarian
I'm sure there's a mod loader thing, but here's what I do: I name the mod's exe to "Terraria_N" and then copy both the exe and the contents folder into the Terraria main folder (so that the contents folders meld). Then, whenever I want to play N Terraria, I rename the base exe to "Terraria_O" and then rename "Terraria_N" to Terraria. Whilest N Terraria is running, it'll automatically put the game at 1.3.0.8.
Alright, thanks a lot man.

Nakano15

Terrarian
Eh, you can just extract the mod on Terraria folder, then add the mod executable as a shortcut on Steam, it will recognize the game as Terraria and let you play.
At least it works like that for me.

Pebkio

Steampunker
Eh, you can just extract the mod on Terraria folder, then add the mod executable as a shortcut on Steam, it will recognize the game as Terraria and let you play.
At least it works like that for me.
0.0 But you won't get any achievements! Granted, I have most of them except for the ones I've forgotten to do... and the fishing ones. But still! 0.0!
:p

Nakano15

Terrarian
0.0 But you won't get any achievements! Granted, I have most of them except for the ones I've forgotten to do... and the fishing ones. But still! 0.0!
:p
I kind of don't mind about not getting achievements, since I would be playing the mod, not vanilla Terraria.:p
But still is possible to play N Terraria on steam without using the dated Game Launcher.

Comrade Hacker

Official Terrarian
The guide vanished in thin air for me. Is this normal and how do I get him back as he still has quests.

Edit: Never mind, he seems to have appeared again. Curious little creature.

Last edited:

Pebkio

Steampunker
The guide vanished in thin air for me. Is this normal and how do I get him back as he still has quests.

Edit: Never mind, he seems to have appeared again. Curious little creature.
Yeah, that's a thing that's been happening. In one game I've had all of my npcs vanishing in threes. In my last game, though, the guide vanished at the start as soon as I removed the workbench but then that was it...

Since the N7 is being created, basically, from the ground up again, I didn't think it was a bug worth reporting. Same with the framerate issue I brought up earlier. I can wait for N7.

Uiomancant

Terrarian
You know, the quests are pretty slow. I'm not trying to rush the game, but by the time I was readying for the WoF I was still on the queen bee.

Pebkio

Steampunker
You know, the quests are pretty slow. I'm not trying to rush the game, but by the time I was readying for the WoF I was still on the queen bee.
Er... wouldn't those quests be a cinch and be finishable fairly quickly if you're leveled and geared up for WoF? What have you been doing to get to that point? Not the quests? Things other than the quests? Because you don't get that leveled and geared up without skipping out on those quests if those quests aren't done. I think this is more the case of monsters giving exp faster than quest progression is designed to handle, rather than the quests being slow.

But that still leaves the problem that you should be able to just breeze through the quests at the point of being ready to kill WoF.

Uiomancant

Terrarian
Er... wouldn't those quests be a cinch and be finishable fairly quickly if you're leveled and geared up for WoF? What have you been doing to get to that point? Not the quests? Things other than the quests? Because you don't get that leveled and geared up without skipping out on those quests if those quests aren't done. I think this is more the case of monsters giving exp faster than quest progression is designed to handle, rather than the quests being slow.

But that still leaves the problem that you should be able to just breeze through the quests at the point of being ready to kill WoF.
When I was going through the game, I was doing the quests if available. My brief need for the jungle only netted me 4 of the 30 stingers for the quest. Why would I backtrack that much? They're not worth it and are pretty time consuming.

Top Bottom