• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Anubis

Terrarian
Since this mod is now dead (R.I.P) would you please talk about how the Npplayers worked? Like how the code and scripts for them worked, so that one day someone might come along and build upon it.
That would be great Npplayers and RPG elements had to be the greatest(personal opinion of course) in the modding community.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Since this mod is now dead (R.I.P) would you please talk about how the Npplayers worked? Like how the code and scripts for them worked, so that one day someone might come along and build upon it.
For the npplayers to work, I had to overwrite a serie of things on the Player character AI.

Not only I had to make changes so in the place where the player can take an action (controls), it checks if the player is a npplayer, then if is, directs the script to a place where the npplayer AI tries to make use of the player controls just to do the movement and stuff from the character, and so entered part of the ai and stuff, aswell, but I also had to individualize their aim, since the player aiming on Terraria is bound to the mouse position.

Another thing I had to do, was to do scripts to check if the player is a npplayer too, otherwise, the scripts would check if is the main player and scripts like inflicting damage and some projectile AIs would either not work correctly, or break.

I really believe that making npplayers on tModLoader isn't possible unless the devs of it do extensive changes to the Player AI, and do variables to either check or bypass some conditions on npcs and projectiles, because even if you manage to make the npplayers be able to spawn or move through the world, they possibly would end up immortal.

Ps:. The mod isn't really dead, I'm just being lazy to do some work on it, I've even released a spoiler somewhere of recent stuff I did on it, beside I think the mod would be too outdated for now adays Terraria'ing. Just check my profile for them.

Last edited:

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Hey guys, just a heads up, the N Terraria Social Group, alongside all other Social Groups will be extinct January 21th, If you want to backup your things from it, do so now.

Beside the social group was used mostly for support and feedbacks, there may be interesting info placed there that could go on the wiki.

If you feel like digging those informations to place on the wiki, feel free to. On other hand, please only post support messages either here or on the mod Wiki's forums, I check both regularly, so I may help solving a issue that is bothering you.

Meanwhile, I'm loading my motivation to continue developing the mod, If you are interessed, send cheers, if you want to help, offer your help.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I get the Terraria Error that says "You just met your first crash on terraria" If i could C&P I would
There are other things written on the error too, most likelly things you can't understand.
Try taking a photo of the window with the error.
When the window with the error shows up, click on it, then press Shift Alt + Print Screen, then open the Paint and press Ctrl+V, the photo will be placed on the paint, then save it and place it here.

Last edited:

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I said Shift+Printscreen but whatever.
Anyway, the message itself says the problem, you installed the mod incorrectly.
The mod isn't being able to locate the Content files of the mod.
Install the mod correctly, allowing when it asks to overwrite the Content folder, and it will work correctly.

Edit:. Ops, was Alt+PrintScreen, sorry.

Last edited:

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
When installing the mod, you possibly didn't moved the Content folder of the mod to Terraria Content folder, so the game isn't being able to find the mod stuffs.
If you check inside the Content folder of your Terraria copy, possibly there isn't a folder named "N Terraria 6" or something like that. Try reinstalling the mod, moving aswell the Content folder found in the instalation zip to Terraria folder.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Well'p, the Social group of the mod is now gone, based on what I saw. With that, the mod lost one place for support, beside there is still the unofficial discord group, the wiki and this thread.
The Discord Group I have no idea of how's it going, since I didn't heard about it since... It was proposed? The wiki I check from time to time, and this thread, I check whenever there is some new message, while waiting for the news about a Terraria update. Anyone got news on it? I don't use Discord due to low end pc stuff so, can't check it.

Shirhix

Terrarian
The Discord Group I have no idea of how's it going, since I didn't heard about it since... It was proposed?
The Discord is ok. We have over 200 members. It's not too active most of the time but there are often people coming for help and they do receive it.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
The Discord is ok. We have over 200 members. It's not too active most of the time but there are often people coming for help and they do receive it.
That's nice to hear, at least explains why it's so dry of questions on this topic, haha.

Just started watching Baum's videos about this mod. It makes me curious though... Is this mod still being worked on?

EDIT: Yes, i have read the previous posts, but i am still at doubt.

Last edited:

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I'm working on it sometimes, at least on the beggining of this week, I've been messing with the npplayers AI and interactions.
But currently I'm having some dillemas with the game progression, since the grinding is still being a thing.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
You can't, tModLoader and N Terraria functions heavily different.
Mods for tModLoader are only for tModLoader.

Top Bottom