Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

So me and my Girlfriend tried playing on a Hamachi server (set up and joined by me then tried on her computer), made a world and had it running through NTerraria Server, but we can't connect to each other no matter what IP we use. Just a note we are on the same router(In a dorm) with a ethernet cable hooked to each others computer that allows us to play regular Terraria. Any ideas?

Have you tried playing without Hamachi? If I understand Hamachi correctly, its purpose is basically to emulate a LAN connection over online connections; in other word, there's no reason to be using it over a LAN connection. I could have misunderstood what Hamachi does, though. I don't know if it'll make any difference playing without hamachi, but the only other thing I can think of is to make sure that you're using the IPv4 address, and that you use port 7777, but you probably already know that since you said you've played vanilla Terraria over LAN. Hope you get your problem fixed!

Well, it seems like this last update is bugged as heck, i do not have idea of how i'll make the gameplay stable again :/

Well I have done a bit more testing and it mainly happens at night. During the day I get small 15-30 second lag spikes every once in a while, but it is inconsistent. At night the game almost immediately lags to barely playable speeds. Next day it is fine again. I hope this helps :) this is my favorite mod! You and terra mod are the only ones who do rpgs the way I like, and that mod seems to have very little activity on the rpg front, so I come to n terraria for all my rpg fixes :)

hey, your mod looks awesome, but for some reason, i cant get it to work. it just crashes when i try it. that, or its just not working. is there like a video for tutorial or something? if so, can anyone send me a link?

hey, your mod looks awesome, but for some reason, i cant get it to work. it just crashes when i try it. that, or its just not working. is there like a video for tutorial or something? if so, can anyone send me a link?
If you can give me more details on exactly what you did I can try to help.

If you can give me more details on exactly what you did I can try to help.
this is sorta what it says:

error : System DIInotfoundexception:unable to load DII steamapi_dII:the specified mdoule could not be found.
at Terraria.Steam.SteamAPI_init()
at Terraria.Steam.init()
at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)

weird...

How exactly did you install n terraria? Did you extract to a folder and put it in terraria folder, did you extract straight to terraria folder, etc.

How exactly did you install n terraria? Did you extract to a folder and put it in terraria folder, did you extract straight to terraria folder, etc.
when i installed, it was already in a folder and inside my terraria folder

Where did you install the original files? The steam common\terraria folder or the documents\my games\terraria folder? And did you take them out of the folder or leave them in it?

I tried it and it didn't work. This what I get when I try to run N Terraria:
Capture.PNG

I even tried running it from Steam.

Do not put the folder into the terraria folder, copy and paste the stuff in the folder straight into the main terraria folder steamapps\common\terraria

Glad I could help :)

EDIT: the slowdown seems to be connected to my npcs or the spawn area, because i normally come back to my base at spawn every night, but when i just spent the night in the crimson i experienced zero slowdown until i respawned

Last edited:
So you have to connect to a server? I thought it was at world gen that you changed it.

it has been answered already a page back:

During the creating of the world will have the option by defaul "Regular RPG", click it and it will change to "Classic RPG" then click again and it will be at "Free RPG" mode of world.

I will add that creating a new character and joining a free world will make that character locked to free worlds only. Trying to join a normal world afterwards will have that character as a ghost, unable to interact with anything (but can explore).

Back
Top Bottom