Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

News:
Changed how realms works, on the future, instanced dungeons, aswell as new instances of the world will be possible :D.
And most likelly will not cause problems to the real world.

Hello! Can please someone explain to me, the difference between Regular RPG, Freemode RPG, Capped Regular RPG, Hardcore RPG and Capped Hardcore RPG?

Thanks.

Hello! Can please someone explain to me, the difference between Regular RPG, Freemode RPG, Capped Regular RPG, Hardcore RPG and Capped Hardcore RPG?

Thanks.
quoted from the mod wiki
  • Action Mode - Action mode levels and status are aesthetic, you are on truth not gaining anything,but you can still using all other features of this mod.
  • Regular RPG Mode - Regular Rpg Mode is the normal rpg mode.
  • Hardcore RPG Mode - Hardcore Mode makes the monsters stronger than the regular mode.
  • Free Mode - Free mode allows infinite leveling.
  • Capped Regular RPG - Capped mode caps your level to the biome max level if you have passed it's level.
  • Capped Hardcore RPG - Makes the monsters so tough that you will need to gank them to be able to progress with ease

And to clear any confusion regular mode is limited to a max level of 150 if im not wrong...
same with capped regular rpg with the exception of zone(biome) level limits
btw you can find the Wiki in the first page of the thread
or here
note that the wiki is not fully up to date with the mod version

quoted from the mod wiki
  • Action Mode - Action mode levels and status are aesthetic, you are on truth not gaining anything,but you can still using all other features of this mod.
  • Regular RPG Mode - Regular Rpg Mode is the normal rpg mode.
  • Hardcore RPG Mode - Hardcore Mode makes the monsters stronger than the regular mode.
  • Free Mode - Free mode allows infinite leveling.
  • Capped Regular RPG - Capped mode caps your level to the biome max level if you have passed it's level.
  • Capped Hardcore RPG - Makes the monsters so tough that you will need to gank them to be able to progress with ease

And to clear any confusion regular mode is limited to a max level of 150 if im not wrong...
or here
I believe that page need to be updated.
I guess I can even do that right now.

or here
Hmm, almost right.

The levels are not capped in normal and hardcore mode, but as enemies in those have levels set by the type of biome you are in and stuff like that and only get upped when you enter hardmode on that world and even then they only increase to set levels, it's quite hard to progress beyond a certain point because of the amount of time it takes to level up with creatures that give relatively little experience now.

The capped modes, obviously, are capped. Which means that in those modes you can be weaker than the enemies (when you are underlevelled) but not stronger or at least not much stronger (since your level caps to whatever is the limit for the biome you are in).

Now, what free mode does is that the monsters get additional levels, along with the increase in their stats and in how much experience they give, depending on how many creatures you killed or how much time has passed (or both; you'll generally be killing things often so there's not much difference between the two really, and as such I do not feel it important to know exactly which one does it), meaning that you will get ridiculous stats but so will your enemies and as such it's got its own balance and imbalance.

Hey, so i started a new world and save but i still cant access the status or class menus. I did the Fighter quest and am now fighter and level 19.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've heard that this mod is amazing! However, I'm pretty new to the whole mod installation thing, and I searched on how to install it, but it's only showing videos for Windows. I'm running a MacBook. Will this mod work for me? Once again, sorry if this has been asked already.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've heard that this mod is amazing! However, I'm pretty new to the whole mod installation thing, and I searched on how to install it, but it's only showing videos for Windows. I'm running a MacBook. Will this mod work for me? Once again, sorry if this has been asked already.
There is no port of this mod for MacOSX and neither Linux, so, I am not sure, most likelly not?

It is in action mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    421.2 KB · Views: 201
Hmm, almost right.

The levels are not capped in normal and hardcore mode, but as enemies in those have levels set by the type of biome you are in and stuff like that and only get upped when you enter hardmode on that world and even then they only increase to set levels, it's quite hard to progress beyond a certain point because of the amount of time it takes to level up with creatures that give relatively little experience now.

The capped modes, obviously, are capped. Which means that in those modes you can be weaker than the enemies (when you are underlevelled) but not stronger or at least not much stronger (since your level caps to whatever is the limit for the biome you are in).

Now, what free mode does is that the monsters get additional levels, along with the increase in their stats and in how much experience they give, depending on how many creatures you killed or how much time has passed (or both; you'll generally be killing things often so there's not much difference between the two really, and as such I do not feel it important to know exactly which one does it), meaning that you will get ridiculous stats but so will your enemies and as such it's got its own balance and imbalance.

So, in the long run, what is the best mode to play this mod? I want levels and RPG elements. Free Mode RPG could be the best option?

Back
Top Bottom