Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

So, in the long run, what is the best mode to play this mod? I want levels and RPG elements. Free Mode RPG could be the best option?

Hmm, well, I'd say hardcore RPG, but that's really up to you when you play. For me, it went like this: in free mode if you know what to do the enemies quickly start being made of putty rather than whatever it is that monsters are made of (meaning: there's no difficulty) which can be fun but if you take your time by the time you get to hardmode there's nothing hard about it, and I I don't particularly like the capped modes because they don't allow you to get stronger than a certain arbitrary value even though you can still gain levels. So it leaves normal RPG and hardcore RPG and of those two the latter is more challenging, thus that's what I went with.

So really, if you want easy gameplay, go with normal, if you want harder gameplay, go with hardcore, and if you want the easiest overall but with possible hiccups if something happens to be unbalanced for whatever reason then go with free.

Can you help, I try to set a zone, what do I do after I validate it?
You need to setup the region of the zone, then set it's name, and click validate, if the validation is not possible, the mod will tell you what is missing on the lower left part of the screen.
So, in the long run, what is the best mode to play this mod? I want levels and RPG elements. Free Mode RPG could be the best option?
Free Mode RPG is not recommended for new players, unless you want to rage a bit when monsters get too tough, just think of it as an arcade game mode.
Regular or Hardcore RPG modes are the most suitable ones, but Hardcore RPG Mode is in case you want the enemies to be harder.
And what is 'Lite Mode'?
Removes the bars and switches for something else. Very useful for players in Notebooks.
Does anyone know if summoner has a class quest line? if not I can't wait till there is one! love going NTerraria Summoner.
Not right now, the summoner class does not even exists actually, neither the Ninja class is in the mod yet.

Greetings; I have been playing the mod since around the beginning of N Terraria 6. I previously used NP Players in all of my worlds; I practically had to, as I love playing an Expert Mode world; the challenge is fun. In the recent update, "Season6v61+5", I noticed something peculiar when I allowed an NP player into a world it had never been on. My main character, probably level 35 at this point, would have severely decreased stats. For example, my tank build would normally have around 2,900 health at this point, but with an NP player also in the same world at the same time, he might have sound 1,020.
The decrease in stats only seems to occur when I add a level 1 NP player to a world that also has a higher level NP player. Is this a feature in the update, or perhaps a bug? If it is indeed a feature, I don't know what I might do. Eater Of Worlds is suuuper tough. `~`
One more thing to add; I don't know if this has to do with anything, but I recently started playing in the "Hardcore RPG" mode.
--L3M0N

EDIT; I can provide screenshots if wanted. Thanks ;D

Greetings; I have been playing the mod since around the beginning of N Terraria 6. I previously used NP Players in all of my worlds; I practically had to, as I love playing an Expert Mode world; the challenge is fun. In the recent update, "Season6v61+5", I noticed something peculiar when I allowed an NP player into a world it had never been on. My main character, probably level 35 at this point, would have severely decreased stats. For example, my tank build would normally have around 2,900 health at this point, but with an NP player also in the same world at the same time, he might have sound 1,020.
The decrease in stats only seems to occur when I add a level 1 NP player to a world that also has a higher level NP player. Is this a feature in the update, or perhaps a bug? If it is indeed a feature, I don't know what I might do. Eater Of Worlds is suuuper tough. `~`
One more thing to add; I don't know if this has to do with anything, but I recently started playing in the "Hardcore RPG" mode.
--L3M0N

Did you have your other character have all heart crystals? Also classes effect health too.

Same effect applied?

Allow me to explain,

When I enter a world with my main character having gained max life, and a new character with no gained max health, the main character drops in all stats, including health.
When I enter a world with my main character having only half of max possible life crystals, and a new character with not gained max life, the main character again drops in all stats.

You need to setup the region of the zone, then set it's name, and click validate, if the validation is not possible, the mod will tell you what is missing on the lower left part of the screen.

Free Mode RPG is not recommended for new players, unless you want to rage a bit when monsters get too tough, just think of it as an arcade game mode.
Regular or Hardcore RPG modes are the most suitable ones, but Hardcore RPG Mode is in case you want the enemies to be harder.

Removes the bars and switches for something else. Very useful for players in Notebooks.

Not right now, the summoner class does not even exists actually, neither the Ninja class is in the mod yet.

What bars? HP Bars?
Oh yeah what is zone function?

--L3M0N

I tought that will happen if you bring low level player to your party?

Allow me to explain,

When I enter a world with my main character having gained max life, and a new character with no gained max health, the main character drops in all stats, including health.
When I enter a world with my main character having only half of max possible life crystals, and a new character with not gained max life, the main character again drops in all stats.

That might be because the max level of your characters can not exceed over 5 levels over the lowest level character. Since you have a new character, I'm guessing he was level 1-10, etc. Since all characters cannot go 5 above the lowest level, their level is lowered, therefore their stats are lowered to the appropriate level. That character still has It's levels, it gains them as the lowest level gains levels. It is lowered to keep the characters scaled. So for example if the lowest level character is level 5, and your character is level 55 in the same world, your character will drop to level 10, and gain It's levels until it reaches It's original level while the lowest character levels up. Your 55 character will still gain xp though and can still level further for example going from 55 to 56, even though it is scaled down to level 10, xp still goes to the total level and still levels you up even when you're scaled down by a lower level character. It's to keep the game balanced.

That might be because the max level of your characters can not exceed over 5 levels over the lowest level character. Since you have a new character, I'm guessing he was level 1-10, etc. Since all characters cannot go 5 above the lowest level, their level is lowered, therefore their stats are lowered to the appropriate level. That character still has It's levels, it gains them as the lowest level gains levels. It is lowered to keep the characters scaled. So for example if the lowest level character is level 5, and your character is level 55 in the same world, your character will drop to level 10, and gain It's levels until it reaches It's original level while the lowest character levels up. Your 55 character will still gain xp though and can still level further for example going from 55 to 56, even though it is scaled down to level 10, xp still goes to the total level and still levels you up even when you're scaled down by a lower level character. It's to keep the game balanced.
Thanks for the reply,
This makes a lot of sense; I did not know this was a feature. Im used to going onto a world and beating up bosses all the way up to the EoF before adding an Npplayer.

What bars? HP Bars?
Oh yeah what is zone function?
Yeah, HP bars, and also some quests progress bars, beside I believe no quests currently uses them.
And zone function can be accessed by Zone tab, you can demark a zone to have your own custom name and music.

Back
Top Bottom