Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

i got a nice idea for a class that is entirely depending on health.

the first passive (called enragement) should be for each 1%hp missing you do 3% more damage but take 0.5% more damage (increases damage done with 2% and damage taken with 0.2% every level).

the first skill (called evil shield) would be to make the player unable to take damage for 1 sec (every level increases the time with 0.3 sec) but you take 65% of the players max hp in damage to the player by using it (decrases with 3% every level).10 sec cooldown

second ability is unlocked by having enragement level 3. this ability (called soul steal) does so you get healed 5% of your max hp everytime you do damage for 3 sec (increases lifesteal with 1% every level). 20 sec cooldown

the next is another passive (called second chance) when your hp is less than 10% you take 50% less damage (increases with 4.5% per level) this passive is unlocked when evil shield is level 10. (disclaimer enragement removes the less damage taken by the amount it makes you take more damage)

the last one is a third ability (called fury) when used all weapons do 10% more damage and pierce through all armor for 3 sec but if the players hp is lower than 25% the damage is 100% instead of 10%. using fury does 50% of the players max hp in damage to the player (increases damage when over 25% max hp by 1% and increases damage when lower than 25% max hp by 10%) unlocked by having enragement level 10 and soul steal level 3. 10 sec cooldown

hidden depuff to being this class is hp regen is 70% lower

hope this idea will get implemented ;D
feel free to tweak or change things in my idea as much as you want to

Well, I believe the scaling really gets weird at higher levels, is there a way you can check out the monsters status? So I can compare to yours and see if there is a problem? Beside I believe the projectile attacks will certainly need a review, but before trying, I want to be sure.

Perhaps, what statues should i start collecting for reference?

the first passive (called enragement) should be for each 1%hp missing you do 3% more damage but take 0.5% more damage (increases damage done with 2% and damage taken with 0.2% every level).

the first skill (called evil shield) would be to make the player unable to take damage for 1 sec (every level increases the time with 0.3 sec) but you take 65% of the players max hp in damage to the player by using it (decrases with 3% every level).10 sec cooldown

second ability is unlocked by having enragement level 3. this ability (called soul steal) does so you get healed 5% of your max hp everytime you do damage for 3 sec (increases lifesteal with 1% every level). 20 sec cooldown

the next is another passive (called second chance) when your hp is less than 10% you take 50% less damage (increases with 4.5% per level) this passive is unlocked when evil shield is level 10. (disclaimer enragement removes the less damage taken by the amount it makes you take more damage)

the last one is a third ability (called fury) when used all weapons do 10% more damage and pierce through all armor for 3 sec but if the players hp is lower than 25% the damage is 100% instead of 10%. using fury does 50% of the players max hp in damage to the player (increases damage when over 25% max hp by 1% and increases damage when lower than 25% max hp by 10%) unlocked by having enragement level 10 and soul steal level 3. 10 sec cooldown

I remember a class in Wakfu that had some skills like that, but also skills that added a "shield" according to the damage you do.

Also it would be nice a class like a chronomancer specialized on debuffs on all monsters on the screen (reduced effect on bosses) or a class that uses fallen stars as catalyst for some skills, because i have like 300 in storage and I'm not sure but I think more stars fall with the spawn rate increase. Imagine a class with a passive skill that increases damage by 0.1%~1% per mph and skills that increase speed, maybe even skills that make the character sprint on 4 directions to do a bash-like strike, like some mounts, usable on air or water too.

Update: I finally beat the lunatic! the flaron melted his health away, granted i was still easy to kill due to the one hit kill portion... BUT in addition, i decided to test the magic of the towers, and overall... they did zero damage to me! my regen, armor, and dodge chance just overpower them, yet the lunatic can still kill me very easily! if i can kill the moon lord just as easily as most bosses, then it'll makes me wonder.... why is the cultist as powerful as he is?

Hum, I'm not sure if I'm into making new classes currently, but I can try seeying that.
Perhaps, what statues should i start collecting for reference?
The cultists status, then your status, includding level.
Update: I finally beat the lunatic! the flaron melted his health away, granted i was still easy to kill due to the one hit kill portion... BUT in addition, i decided to test the magic of the towers, and overall... they did zero damage to me! my regen, armor, and dodge chance just overpower them, yet the lunatic can still kill me very easily! if i can kill the moon lord just as easily as most bosses, then it'll makes me wonder.... why is the cultist as powerful as he is?
That sure is a mystery, I wonder if he's getting the correct level.

Okay, went back to the cultist after killing the moonlord (Took literally 2 minutes due to him hiding his weakspots), before this i decided to powerlevel a bit just for further experimentation, NOTE: i am on the latest update, so without further ado...

My stats:
lv 4067
life 178452

str 1254 + 4
agl 1950 + 5
vit 3000 + 3
int 80+ 9
Dex 60 + 3
Luk 460 + 4
Cha 986 + 7
Wis 360 + 6

Additional info:

-Currently in werewolf form, with the celestial shell
-Race is Demon
-Solar equipment
-and as said before, using the flaron for massive ranged melee damage from homing bubbles

Now the Cultist's stats, and OH boy was my experiment successful...

Lunatic Cultist
Lv 6056
Hp: 29100800
Damage: 30330 (0% pierce)
Defense: 25477

Additional Info:

-Most attacks act as most attacks scaled to my level, small damage, somewhat over 1000
-only 2 attacks that he frequently uses oneshots on contact being the ice mist, and lightning arc orb.

That's all i got for now, lemme know if i missed anything you need for reference!

{Edit - Decided to take it a step further and check out the towers levels, only a mere 660! I'll have the moon lord's level for reference here in a bit, But yeah, the towers are actually VERY much weaker then the cultist.

Last edited:
Is this mod going to be adapted for multiplayer?
Also, if in older verion it's possible to play in multiplayer, what is the best verision for that?

Okay, went back to the cultist after killing the moonlord (Took literally 2 minutes due to him hiding his weakspots), before this i decided to powerlevel a bit just for further experimentation, NOTE: i am on the latest update, so without further ado...

My stats:
lv 4067
life 178452

str 1254 + 4
agl 1950 + 5
vit 3000 + 3
int 80+ 9
Dex 60 + 3
Luk 460 + 4
Cha 986 + 7
Wis 360 + 6

Additional info:

-Currently in werewolf form, with the celestial shell
-Race is Demon
-Solar equipment
-and as said before, using the flaron for massive ranged melee damage from homing bubbles

Now the Cultist's stats, and OH boy was my experiment successful...

Lunatic Cultist
Lv 6056
Hp: 29100800
Damage: 30330 (0% pierce)
Defense: 25477

Additional Info:

-Most attacks act as most attacks scaled to my level, small damage, somewhat over 1000
-only 2 attacks that he frequently uses oneshots on contact being the ice mist, and lightning arc orb.

That's all i got for now, lemme know if i missed anything you need for reference!

{Edit - Decided to take it a step further and check out the towers levels, only a mere 660! I'll have the moon lord's level for reference here in a bit, But yeah, the towers are actually VERY much weaker then the cultist.
Definitelly, there is something weird about the Lunatic Cultist.
I will try checking out why he's so overpowered.
Edit:. Found out the Lunatic Cultist were having the levels and definitions of the Stardust Tower...

Definitelly, there is something weird about the Lunatic Cultist.
I will try checking out why he's so overpowered.
Edit:. Found out the Lunatic Cultist were having the levels and definitions of the Stardust Tower...

Levels and definitions...?
I'm assuming that's a level modifier, and as a multiplier at that...?

Levels and definitions...?
I'm assuming that's a level modifier, and as a multiplier at that...?
Well... One of the problems caused by that, is that the Lunatic Cultist have a hundred more levels than intended,
that I fixed, but right now I'm trying to track the source of the overpowered attacks.
Edit:. Found out the issue and fixed it, when a projectile were being shot by another projectile,
the game were getting the previously calculated projectile damage, and multiplying again with the
same damage mult formula.

So, Hotfix out.
* Version 61+11
*- The Lunatic Cultist and the Stardurst Tower will now have their correct level (439-493 mistake).
*- Enemies like the Lunatic Cultist will no longer cause overpowered damage if a projectile that were shoot by another projectile hits you.

ok so i'm wondering if i have some user error issues trying to install this.

to preface, i am on a mac so i understand that the system is a little bit different. But, i have installed and player super terraria world (also a standalone), so I attempted those installation instructions, but the game doesn't open. if it just can't be done on mac, then you can stop reading here and just reply to me, cause now i'll try to list in sequence the steps i'm doing.

1: downloaded the mod from the link in the frontpage
2: extracted contents
3: moved N Terria 6.exe to the steam directory. on mac this meant I had to find terraria.app, show package contents, and then inside there were the standard .exe files and folders, etc.
4: moved the N Terraria 6 folder from Contents, into the steam terraria's contents folder.
5: renamed terraria.exe to terrariavanilla.exe and renamed N Terria 6.exe to terraria.exe
6: open steam, play game, it doesn't open

these are the exact same steps i took to install super terraria world. i would assume since both mods are standalone mods, the installation process would be the same. from what I can tell, the installation process for the windows version at least looks the same. am i doing something wrong, would there be another way altogether (i've thought about making a wrapper via wine), or can it just not be done on mac?

thanks for the time and sorry if this is someone often asked or whatever. thanks!

ok so i'm wondering if i have some user error issues trying to install this.

to preface, i am on a mac so i understand that the system is a little bit different. But, i have installed and player super terraria world (also a standalone), so I attempted those installation instructions, but the game doesn't open. if it just can't be done on mac, then you can stop reading here and just reply to me, cause now i'll try to list in sequence the steps i'm doing.

1: downloaded the mod from the link in the frontpage
2: extracted contents
3: moved N Terria 6.exe to the steam directory. on mac this meant I had to find terraria.app, show package contents, and then inside there were the standard .exe files and folders, etc.
4: moved the N Terraria 6 folder from Contents, into the steam terraria's contents folder.
5: renamed terraria.exe to terrariavanilla.exe and renamed N Terria 6.exe to terraria.exe
6: open steam, play game, it doesn't open

these are the exact same steps i took to install super terraria world. i would assume since both mods are standalone mods, the installation process would be the same. from what I can tell, the installation process for the windows version at least looks the same. am i doing something wrong, would there be another way altogether (i've thought about making a wrapper via wine), or can it just not be done on mac?

thanks for the time and sorry if this is someone often asked or whatever. thanks!
I... Have no idea how to diagnose the issue because... You know... I'm developing the mod for Windows...
But, I remember a player mentioned that tried to run the mod through Linux by using the rename trick and didn't
had success.
If there were a way of acquiring a log of the error, or of what is causing it not to open, it would be helpful for the investigation.

Well... One of the problems caused by that, is that the Lunatic Cultist have a hundred more levels than intended,
that I fixed, but right now I'm trying to track the source of the overpowered attacks.
Edit:. Found out the issue and fixed it, when a projectile were being shot by another projectile,
the game were getting the previously calculated projectile damage, and multiplying again with the
same damage mult formula.

So, Hotfix out.

Oh wow, that sounds terrifying, no wonder he hits for around 100 times my health! but also, you sir, have my thanks!

Oh dear... I have another issue that maybe... rather troublesome for those who need the use of their NPCs frequently, the use of guardian creatures seems to also effect the NPCs in the sense that, when a zone guardian creature comes in contact with an NPC, it does damage, and if they're against a wall.... the NPC dies, and sense the NPC sees the guardian as friendly, they just take it, and the gaurdians, though do not target the NPC's directly (As far as i can tell anyways), they still seem to... well, you get the idea by now i assume, just something i think you may wish to take a look at for those who need the NPCs.

Oh dear... I have another issue that maybe... rather troublesome for those who need the use of their NPCs frequently, the use of guardian creatures seems to also effect the NPCs in the sense that, when a zone guardian creature comes in contact with an NPC, it does damage, and if they're against a wall.... the NPC dies, and sense the NPC sees the guardian as friendly, they just take it, and the gaurdians, though do not target the NPC's directly (As far as i can tell anyways), they still seem to... well, you get the idea by now i assume, just something i think you may wish to take a look at for those who need the NPCs.
Wait, guardian npcs are hurting town npcs? That certainly should not happen at all.
I will investigate that issue.

Edit:. Alright, don't freak out, but I guess a wild crash will happen if you created more than 4 zones,
close the game, and then wait for the hotfix which will be coming in a few.
In case your world wont boot again, tell me.

Edit2: Ops, my bad, the crash will only happen when saving, which is also worrysome.

Wait, guardian npcs are hurting town npcs? That certainly should not happen at all.
I will investigate that issue.

Edit:. Alright, don't freak out, but I guess a wild crash will happen if you created more than 4 zones,
close the game, and then wait for the hotfix which will be coming in a few.
In case your world wont boot again, tell me.

Edit2: Ops, my bad, the crash will only happen when saving, which is also worrysome.

well, good news is, i only create 1 - 2 zones per world, so i'm fine on that front, iv'e come up with a slight fix until the official hotfix comes out, basically, move the npc's to an upper level, then make it toward the lower levels have no walls, it works, for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom