Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

I believe this will not be in the base mod, but It is still cool to see.
NPP Train.png

Farewell, right side of the screen, I knew thee well... except not so well because the minimap is a big butt. Is that the new NPPlayer thing?

Farewell, right side of the screen, I knew thee well... except not so well because the minimap is a big butt. Is that the new NPPlayer thing?
That is the new npplayers party members hud, beside it is also valid for other players who are in the same party on multiplayer.
It is confusing to know who is the owner of the health bar sections, but futurelly that will be changed to be less confusing.

Can anyone help me installing this mod now. I'm not quite sure how to get Terraria version 1.3.0.8
I'm sure there's a mod loader thing, but here's what I do: I name the mod's exe to "Terraria_N" and then copy both the exe and the contents folder into the Terraria main folder (so that the contents folders meld). Then, whenever I want to play N Terraria, I rename the base exe to "Terraria_O" and then rename "Terraria_N" to Terraria. Whilest N Terraria is running, it'll automatically put the game at 1.3.0.8.

I'm sure there's a mod loader thing, but here's what I do: I name the mod's exe to "Terraria_N" and then copy both the exe and the contents folder into the Terraria main folder (so that the contents folders meld). Then, whenever I want to play N Terraria, I rename the base exe to "Terraria_O" and then rename "Terraria_N" to Terraria. Whilest N Terraria is running, it'll automatically put the game at 1.3.0.8.
Alright, thanks a lot man.

Eh, you can just extract the mod on Terraria folder, then add the mod executable as a shortcut on Steam, it will recognize the game as Terraria and let you play.
At least it works like that for me.

Eh, you can just extract the mod on Terraria folder, then add the mod executable as a shortcut on Steam, it will recognize the game as Terraria and let you play.
At least it works like that for me.
0.0 But you won't get any achievements! Granted, I have most of them except for the ones I've forgotten to do... and the fishing ones. But still! 0.0!
:p

0.0 But you won't get any achievements! Granted, I have most of them except for the ones I've forgotten to do... and the fishing ones. But still! 0.0!
:p
I kind of don't mind about not getting achievements, since I would be playing the mod, not vanilla Terraria.:p
But still is possible to play N Terraria on steam without using the dated Game Launcher.

The guide vanished in thin air for me. Is this normal and how do I get him back as he still has quests.

Edit: Never mind, he seems to have appeared again. Curious little creature.

Last edited:
The guide vanished in thin air for me. Is this normal and how do I get him back as he still has quests.

Edit: Never mind, he seems to have appeared again. Curious little creature.
Yeah, that's a thing that's been happening. In one game I've had all of my npcs vanishing in threes. In my last game, though, the guide vanished at the start as soon as I removed the workbench but then that was it...

Since the N7 is being created, basically, from the ground up again, I didn't think it was a bug worth reporting. Same with the framerate issue I brought up earlier. I can wait for N7.

You know, the quests are pretty slow. I'm not trying to rush the game, but by the time I was readying for the WoF I was still on the queen bee.

You know, the quests are pretty slow. I'm not trying to rush the game, but by the time I was readying for the WoF I was still on the queen bee.
Er... wouldn't those quests be a cinch and be finishable fairly quickly if you're leveled and geared up for WoF? What have you been doing to get to that point? Not the quests? Things other than the quests? Because you don't get that leveled and geared up without skipping out on those quests if those quests aren't done. I think this is more the case of monsters giving exp faster than quest progression is designed to handle, rather than the quests being slow.

But that still leaves the problem that you should be able to just breeze through the quests at the point of being ready to kill WoF.

Er... wouldn't those quests be a cinch and be finishable fairly quickly if you're leveled and geared up for WoF? What have you been doing to get to that point? Not the quests? Things other than the quests? Because you don't get that leveled and geared up without skipping out on those quests if those quests aren't done. I think this is more the case of monsters giving exp faster than quest progression is designed to handle, rather than the quests being slow.

But that still leaves the problem that you should be able to just breeze through the quests at the point of being ready to kill WoF.
When I was going through the game, I was doing the quests if available. My brief need for the jungle only netted me 4 of the 30 stingers for the quest. Why would I backtrack that much? They're not worth it and are pretty time consuming.

When I was going through the game, I was doing the quests if available. My brief need for the jungle only netted me 4 of the 30 stingers for the quest. Why would I backtrack that much? They're not worth it and are pretty time consuming.
Hmm... just finding a hive was enough time for me to gather 30+ stingers. But maybe it's because I always want the bee mount that I spend more time in the jungle. But I think you've just pointed out why you'd spend the time to get those stingers: To do the quest. After the three mechanical bosses, they're the fastest way I could find to level.

But you do make a point... you were only doing the quests when available but still playing through the game regardless, and not doing the quests sequentially which run you through the game. I have a question: Unless you're strong-armed into having to do the quests before being able to handle the next area (IE defeating eye of cthulu before being able to survive the corruption/crimson, and defeating the worm/brain before being able to survive the jungle, and so on), would you even try to follow the quest progression?

-snip-
But you do make a point... you were only doing the quests when available but still playing through the game regardless, and not doing the quests sequentially which run you through the game. I have a question: Unless you're strong-armed into having to do the quests before being able to handle the next area (IE defeating eye of cthulu before being able to survive the corruption/crimson, and defeating the worm/brain before being able to survive the jungle, and so on), would you even try to follow the quest progression?
no, not really. i'd prefer if an NPC gave you the boss quest when you hit the reccomended level
EDIT: and the mod had more side quests

no, not really. i'd prefer if an NPC gave you the boss quest when you hit the reccomended level
EDIT: and the mod had more side quests
I'm on the other side of that. I think the whole point of the main quest line should be to act as a progression for the game. I would not mind being strong-armed into having to do the main quest in order to unlock new areas and other side quests. Otherwise, to me, there wouldn't really be a reason to do those quests in the first place. At best they'd just supplement the exp and coins you're already getting from the boss... and then, why not just have the boss give more exp and coins and forget the quest all together?

I'm on the other side of that. I think the whole point of the main quest line should be to act as a progression for the game. I would not mind being strong-armed into having to do the main quest in order to unlock new areas and other side quests. Otherwise, to me, there wouldn't really be a reason to do those quests in the first place. At best they'd just supplement the exp and coins you're already getting from the boss... and then, why not just have the boss give more exp and coins and forget the quest all together?
Because it would end up boring at some point. Grinding all the time without something else to do is degrading.
As you mentioned above, you gathered the Hornet Stingers very easily because you were looking for the Bee Mount, which means
you had a objective in mind, that is what makes grinding not be boring, because alongside looking for something, your character is also growing stronger.

Look's like the new bunny race will be in the mod on NT 7, but I'm very impressed at the animation I've made for it.
Check it out: http://gifcreator.me/viewgif/20170201-17-IEGtaTrHh9j4dLsD-AMabH4

I'm planning on allowing the player pick if either their bunny character will use the walk on 4 feet or the walk on 2 feet as default movement animation, when not in combat.

Edit:. Also, I'm going to do a few changes on how some skills will work, I'm planning on adding skills that affects the player normal attack aswell.

Back
Top Bottom