Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

I Searched this forum for a bit, but turned up blank, do you have plans for a NPPlayer standalone mod?
this feature combined with other mods would be uber fun...

I'll try explaining how the new class system will work, since clearly people are confused about it.

You will only be able to get classes on ascending rankings (mastering rank 1 class allows you to pick a rank 2 class, mastering rank 2 class allows you to pick a rank 3 class...), being that you will start on lowest class ranking (aka the racial class), there is no limitation to which class you should evolve into at the next ranking, so If you want to get a melee class first, then evolve to ranged, and then to magic, you can do.

There are currently 5 class rankings, being that only the racial class have max level 10, while the other ranking classes have max level 30, to be able to increase the level of the class, you will have to acquire CP, which is the class exp points, from killing monsters or other events in the mod (quests are going to give cp too), differently from the Exp from the game modes, the CP is based on the monster status, so facing the toughest monsters as possible is the best way to level up a class, but doesn't mean you will not be able to level up the class on weak monsters. The class turns harder to level up based on your class ranking.

Instead of leveling up the skill using skill points, you will need to use a number of skill points to be able to unlock it, so your skill will always be at full potential for good.

Differently from the other seasons, the classes are now the same for all game modes, so even If you change game mode, your will be able to keep your class choices, aswell as be able to level it up normally on it.

There are currently 5 class rankings:
Racial Class: Your character starts with it, which will give the skills that are unique to the race.
Base Class: The lowest ranking class, mostly basic classes like Fighter, Mage and others, they are mostly bound to their roles.
Profession Class: This class ranking is about the character role in the mod, the classes It offers are mostly oriented to player to player (or player to npplayer) interaction, or aiding in some matter, but still can be used for combat purpose.
Special Class: This is the ranking of the completelly fantasious and custom classes which are not bound to common rpg class choices and roles, being that they may end up being hybrid too (have skills that are helpful for multiple damage types, like melee and ranged, ranged and magic, magic and summon, and others).
Master Class: The last class ranking, the godlord of the classes, the classes in this ranking are powerful and carries a weight that will drastically change your gameplay style in the game, or show to the other players which role your character will take in the game.

In case you want to attempt to make your own classes, be sure to check out the Create a Class thread, for rules and how to make them, number is going to make the mod great in class choices.
Beside I may take some time to implement them due to short modding time I'm having latelly.

Any questions about the class system that I didn't filled, just ask here.

No worry, may sound complicated when reading, but is quite as simple as counting. The only difference is having branching pathes.

This month probably will not, because of the problem I mentioned on my profile status, also, the mod currently have have a number of bugs, alongside skills that are not yet fully testes, so not só early the new season will be out.

when I use the Skin thing as the skeleton, the head wont change, im trying to put the madra rua sprites into the skeleton, what should i do?

If you are using a older version of the mod, there is a bug with the female head, It does not get the head sprite because thinks It belongs to the male player character.

Edit:. My bad, that bug is not fixed yet on N Terraria.

Last edited:
i have some ideas. frankly terrible ideas. to make quests more relevant. at various points in the game (example. beat wall of flesh, beat golem, beat moon lord, etc.) you gain one bonus class point (or maybe 1 point per first moonlord defeat per world generated for the truly dedicated)to permit those willing to put the time into the quests to eventually gain all skills in all of their classes. my second (and worse) idea is class specific quests, i cannot imagine you have the patience for this but hey i thought i'd put it out here. at a point after hard mode is reached. a quest (or chain) per class is made available that ultimately rewards your character with a set of new armor or a new weapon. now i know what your thinking here. that is a stupid amount of work to put in for something everyone is just going to disregard anyway. your right. from making the sprites to coding to well i dont know what else. yeah it's not worth it. but it would be a fine additional incentive to the average Joe. especially if they had bonus effects that had synergy with the other class skills and/or were able to be upgraded to end game stats. now to reiterate i cannot image that you would do this. its just an idea i had to make quests more relevant. people do go out of their way to make their characters more closely resemble their own ideals. maybe?

Honestly I'd be looking forward to the new season, simply because of all the mods that actually offer different races to play in terraria, this is the only mod that actually managed to achieve it. I once suggested status effects in a big PM to the mod author, but... I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes.

Honestly I'd be looking forward to the new season, simply because of all the mods that actually offer different races to play in terraria, this is the only mod that actually managed to achieve it. I once suggested status effects in a big PM to the mod author, but... I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes.
Actually was so long that I even forgot about them, but I may review them later and see what ideas will be added in the mod.
Please. Update for 1.3.5.3
Look's like I'll have to do so, since Terraria is taking so long to update.

@topic Long hiatus, eh?
Well, after the lighting issue in my house were solved, I had to make peaces with the pc, which meant I passed day and night (not literally) playing games and discovering new stuff, includding new games I'm trying out.
After making peaces with my pc, I'm returning to scripting, which means that I'm also programming the new mod season, yesterday I were rewriting the NPP AI script, since I found the script to be quite... Clunky. Now It's more readable and flexible, but there is still a long way to go.
With the change I believe the npplayers will behave less stupid when attacking, since I'm making the npplayer have different AIs depending on the weapon (no more only by type, but also by sub type (yoyos, guns, claws...)).

Sorry for not showing a teaser right now, Is because I'm working on a personal project right now, so not going to open the mod to get a random teaser so you guys know the mod is not dead.

The only teaser I have is that you will be able to track in-game your achievements through your character, like the levels achieved from game modes, aswell as your fishing progress, and other things.

Well, over and out, for now.

hey Nakano, glad to hear somethings are working better for you ^_^. dare i ask what these personal projects are? as someone without a personal credit card at this time, (i have no use for one and don't see the point in giving others power over my debt :p sorry) yet being a long time fan (i guess three- four years now) i would very much like to support any projects you bring to fruition. i know this isn't on topic. but hell you deserve a shill don't you think ;P

as always eagerly anticipating your mods developments

your fan...

um me... Vauxs :p

Back
Top Bottom