Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

I have planned to attempt making a npplayer mod for tModLoader futurelly, but first, I need to finish the npplayer system in nterraria, since the system will be kind of the same.

So... what happened to this idea? Still finishing the npplayer system? I was just wondering if there was a mod that could let me do exactly what the npplayer system of nterraria does, but it would be cool to have it on tModLoader.

So... what happened to this idea? Still finishing the npplayer system? I was just wondering if there was a mod that could let me do exactly what the npplayer system of nterraria does, but it would be cool to have it on tModLoader.
I quit trying to make mods for tModLoader, so the idea didn't even left the paper.

I quit trying to make mods for tModLoader, so the idea didn't even left the paper.

Damn, is that hard to make mods in tModLoader? I was thinking to give it a try, now I'm starting to doubt about it. I mean, coding in the office is tedious enough.

Damn, is that hard to make mods in tModLoader? I was thinking to give it a try, now I'm starting to doubt about it. I mean, coding in the office is tedious enough.
Making mods in tModLoading isn't hard, getting support for problems with it is. Even more since most of the errors you may get while modding it is related to the mod loader itself, not because you did some programming mistake.

On n terraria 6+ i got an *L when loading a server. does that mean loading since it took an hour and im wondering if it means like failed or somthing. what does *L mean

Since this mod is now dead (R.I.P) would you please talk about how the Npplayers worked? Like how the code and scripts for them worked, so that one day someone might come along and build upon it.
That would be great Npplayers and RPG elements had to be the greatest(personal opinion of course) in the modding community.

Since this mod is now dead (R.I.P) would you please talk about how the Npplayers worked? Like how the code and scripts for them worked, so that one day someone might come along and build upon it.
For the npplayers to work, I had to overwrite a serie of things on the Player character AI.

Not only I had to make changes so in the place where the player can take an action (controls), it checks if the player is a npplayer, then if is, directs the script to a place where the npplayer AI tries to make use of the player controls just to do the movement and stuff from the character, and so entered part of the ai and stuff, aswell, but I also had to individualize their aim, since the player aiming on Terraria is bound to the mouse position.

Another thing I had to do, was to do scripts to check if the player is a npplayer too, otherwise, the scripts would check if is the main player and scripts like inflicting damage and some projectile AIs would either not work correctly, or break.

I really believe that making npplayers on tModLoader isn't possible unless the devs of it do extensive changes to the Player AI, and do variables to either check or bypass some conditions on npcs and projectiles, because even if you manage to make the npplayers be able to spawn or move through the world, they possibly would end up immortal.

Ps:. The mod isn't really dead, I'm just being lazy to do some work on it, I've even released a spoiler somewhere of recent stuff I did on it, beside I think the mod would be too outdated for now adays Terraria'ing. Just check my profile for them.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just a heads up, the N Terraria Social Group, alongside all other Social Groups will be extinct January 21th, If you want to backup your things from it, do so now.

Beside the social group was used mostly for support and feedbacks, there may be interesting info placed there that could go on the wiki.

If you feel like digging those informations to place on the wiki, feel free to. On other hand, please only post support messages either here or on the mod Wiki's forums, I check both regularly, so I may help solving a issue that is bothering you.

Meanwhile, I'm loading my motivation to continue developing the mod, If you are interessed, send cheers, if you want to help, offer your help.

I get the Terraria Error that says "You just met your first crash on terraria" If i could C&P I would
There are other things written on the error too, most likelly things you can't understand.
Try taking a photo of the window with the error.
When the window with the error shows up, click on it, then press Shift Alt + Print Screen, then open the Paint and press Ctrl+V, the photo will be placed on the paint, then save it and place it here.

Last edited:
upload_2019-1-16_10-42-51.png

This is what I mean

Back
Top Bottom