Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Are you able to take a photo of the crash? Or post the log here?
That will help me discover what is the issue.
If you don't use any photo taking program, press Alt+Printscreen with the crash window selected, then open the paint and press Ctrl+V to paste it, and save.
When i make a new charatcher, happens this:
ads.PNG

When i try to exit the world, die and other stuff:
ads.PNG

EDIT: Images are proably bugged (f**king discord)
So try to copy the URL and paste in discord:
1st image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/547017627839496195/547017668931354644/ads.PNG
2nd image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/547017627839496195/547018953428434954/ads.PNG

Last edited:
The mod is having problems to save the character and world data because of problems with permission.
I believe the Windows is the causer, try launching it as administrator.
Ps:. After "System.ArgumentException:" I can't understand what is written since I don't know Russian language.

The mod is having problems to save the character and world data because of problems with permission.
I believe the Windows is the causer, try launching it as administrator.
Ps:. After "System.ArgumentException:" I can't understand what is written since I don't know Russian language.
Ok, i'll try.
After "System.AgrumentException:" it said "path has inacceptable symbols"
"в" means "in"

Ok, i'll try.
After "System.AgrumentException:" it said "path has inacceptable symbols"
"в" means "in"
That issue is actually really weird, people from all over the world played N Terraria mod, includding Russians, I even had one in the dev team a long time ago, and nobody reported such an issue.
Try writing the character name in alphanumeric and see what happens.

That issue is actually really weird, people from all over the world played N Terraria mod, includding Russians, I even had one in the dev team a long time ago, and nobody reported such an issue.
Try writing the character name in alphanumeric and see what happens.
It works, thanks! I guess it crashed because my character name had "?" symbol.
Also, it was weird, but world changes didn't save, but somehow inventory of my character saved.

hey @Nakano15 seen you mention an idea about making your own game. go for it! im curious about a few things though is the mentioned game going to have extra mechanics like status effects is it going to have any off putting mechantic's like ratchet scrolling or permadeath i have more but i dont want to flood the board...

hey @Nakano15, It seen that you mentioned an idea about making your own game. go for it! im curious about a few things though, is the mentioned game going to have extra mechanics, like status effects? is it going to have any off putting mechanics? like ratchet scrolling or permadeath? i have more but, i dont want to flood the board...
Sorry about that, but at least now I can read the message, hehe.

About your questions:
What do you mean by Status effects? And off putting mechanics?
I never played Ratchet and klank game, so.. I can't help answering that, but I thought about making it be a bit based on Castlevania on map style.
The permadeath is an idea I could implement, but would be up to the user to choose if the game will have it or not.
Also, feel free to flood the board, in case it feels too huge, place the block of text inside
Code:
[spoiler]the spoiler tags.[/spoiler]

getting a crash shortly after the command prompt window shows up from attemption to launch nterraria 6
i am not trying to run 6+ since it seems like some content and functions were wonky/broken, so i've wanted to try other versions of the mod and there's not much info on the original post that'd seem to help at all

i've played this a long time ago and enjoyed it with another and we've wanted to look back to things again but i don't want broken versions of the mod and i don't speciifcally know what version we're going to attempt to play
unknown.png
do i need rolled back versions of terraria for versions of n terraria that aren't 6+?
if i do how would i obtain such things anyways? how would i know what version of terraria would be required?

Last edited:
getting a crash shortly after the command prompt window shows up from attemption to launch nterraria 6
i am not trying to run 6+ since it seems like some content and functions were wonky/broken, so i've wanted to try other versions of the mod and there's not much info on the original post that'd seem to help at all

i've played this a long time ago and enjoyed it with another and we've wanted to look back to things again but i don't want broken versions of the mod and i don't speciifcally know what version we're going to attempt to play
unknown.png
do i need rolled back versions of terraria for versions of n terraria that aren't 6+?
if i do how would i obtain such things anyways? how would i know what version of terraria would be required?
No worries, if I'm right, you'll need to get nt6+ installer too, but only to get the dlls it brings.
Place them on the Terraria folder.

Eyy, NTerraria still exists, and you're still alive, how nice .. I mean, It's been quite a long time since I've googled this mod, surely a lot has happend... Whatever! I'd really love to see an RPG game made by you, and I'd play the sh*t out of it, just like I did with NTerraria 5 and 6... Hmm, I think I'll play 6 one more time, cause I've got nothing to do at this moment. I'd play a modded terraria, but I'm pretty bad even at creating modpacks while using tmodloader (Punched a ton of mods into one folder and now my game crashes while creating a world, hehe. )

So, have you made your mind up about whether you will continue the NTerraria project, or just make a new rpg game ?

Besides that, if you need ideas for adding stuff into NTerraria, then I've got a few of them, if you'd like to hear it.

I guess I am the ninja here, hehe.

As I said before, building a new game will require a lot of time to build than just modding, even more since I work on my projects alone, so I barelly begun trying.
And rarelly I'm messing around with the mod, yesterday I were messing with an extension for the Combat skills, whose will be more respective to melee, ranged and magic attacking. I wouldn't expect the new season to come sooner or later. So yeah, the mod is like Terraria 1.3.6, the diference being that I'm rarelly working on it.

Also, I'm always up to listening to suggestions and critics, so say right away.

Woah, that was a quick response.

Hmm.. Well, the first thing that NTerraria needs (imo) are new enemies and even bosses. I don't remember whether you implemented them in NTerraria (Like I said, I haven't played it for a really long time, sorry ~), but it'd be really nice, and I'd be even better if it were totally new creatures, not just resprites or something. Bosses like, I dunno .. Sleeping raccoon that transforms later into a raging racoon <3. And It'd be also good if you'd connect them somehow with the main questline. The enemies and bosses could be a reference to other games, in this way they'd be nice easter eggs for some people, etc... Oh, and what about coding a book, which would be something like a diary, and you'd get it at the beginning of a new world, and you'd unlock new texts in it after, like, defeating the EoC and so on... Hmm, and what about new biomes? Or even better, a whole new realm, which you could teleport into using an item that drops from the Moonlord. So you know, post Moonlord stuff, really tough (and new) enemies, you'd have to gear up really good to beat it (I'm thinking about it like a dungeon of some sort). And one more idea - what about a prestige system? You know, resetting your terrarian to 0, and also the whole world (or just deleting the old one and creating a new one in its place). You'd get of course some bonuses for doing it .. I don't know, it'd be really a challenge to code something like this, or even think about how it could work... Maybe there'd be an item that drops at the end of the dungeon that resets your progress. And you could actually make a really good story about it in the diary, like, it could be an actual story of the whole Terraria world. The diary would be resetting with each new prestige-level, new texts would be available to read and so on.. Huh, those are some crazy suggestions... I'm a really big fan of roguelite games and their prestige system, so .. Those are just my ideas, dunno if other people would like them.

Those are some quite big ideas. When it comes down to balancing and stuff like that, I don't think I have any suggestions at this very moment, sorry ~

Oh boy, it's one huge wall of text. Splitting into paragraphs would help on the reading.
Anyway...
  1. The older seasons used to have custom enemies, but most of them were reskins of existing enemies, but with different status. One creature I'd not be guilty to reimplement though, would be the Night Bat.
  2. New creatures in the mod are a good idea, even more since a few weeks ago, I posted a suggestion in this forum to ask for moon phase related spawns. Would be a good moment to make use of that suggestion, and also, would turn the world less predictable.
  3. The idea of the diary is interesting, but I would certainly need to invent a complete lore about the things that the player face/experience.
  4. I kind of fear making new biomes on the mod because of the way tiles system works on Terraria, unless I use existing resources in the game to create a completelly new biome.
  5. On one of the mod seasons used to have progression post mechanic bosses, I guess. The Reverse Realm, beside it was really grindy to progress on it, I could try to reimplement that and rework the reverse realm idea.
  6. The idea of the prestige system I'm not really fan, because there are some drawbacks. One of them is that you would have to replay through the same sessions of the game over and over to strengthen your character, that would feel tiresome after some time. Also, that would mean that leveling and progression would get a nerf depending on your progression. And would add an disadvantage point to the game, which means those who spent their time reborning more times would be stronger than the others who reborned less times.
The ideas are quite interesting, only the prestige system I didn't liked much. But instead of a prestige system, I'd preffer to add some thing for end game players to play with, so It's not really a "game over", but an extra of what you can do. Kind of like the moon events on Terraria, even if you are on the end game and with top gear, you can try it, either for the loots or just for fun, or even to help your friends do it.

Thanks for the suggestions, if you manage to have new ones, feel free to say it. Only avoid making a wall of text, or else it may end up being a boss on the next mod season.

Right, sorry for that wall of text, I'll start using paragraphs.. However, it'd be funny as hell to see a boss called Wall of Text.

2. Moon-phase based monsters would be really nice. The more randomization in the game, the better it is.. I think. Or at least it won't get boring as soon as the normal Terraria. And of course overdoing is also bad.
3. Yeah, this is more a writer-based job. I think that every game, even an action one, should have at least a bit of lore, it's always adding a bit of depth to our character and generally to the whole world. That diary should have a special slot in your inventory, or just make it accessible as a hotkey or something. Well, if you really think about implementing it, I could help you with that (I mean the lore-based stuff). I'll be having quite a lot of free time in the next 3 following weeks. Of course if you prefer doing it by yourself or something, just say it, I don't mind.
4. No matter how you do it, it'll be a fine addition either way. I actually have no idea how the tile system works, but creating a completely new biome using the existing resources in the game sounds good enough. Maybe adding a new biome on one side of the map, instead of the ocean?
5. Right, The Reverse Realm, I remember it, though I didn't spend a lot of time in there. Well, that's something already. Rework it as a post-moonlord area and it'll be great.
6. Nevermind that idea, sandbox-like games are not so ... compatible with a prestige system, there's too many downsides of that idea. But still, I'm in favour of the idea of some infinite-gameplay, though I have no idea how it would look like. I guess the moon events idea is good enough.

And now a few new, smaller ideas:

7. Could you please make the stack limit bigger ? It's been bugging me in Terraria since the day I started playing it, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with the same thought. I don't know whether it's a lot to code, but I'd be truly grateful for that.
8. Auto-trashing would be also really good to implement. Putting in it items you don't want and they get right into the trashcan. Even while exploring the jungle early game I get a lot of items that are totally useless, and it's really annoying to open your inventory and clean it every 5 minutes.
9. What about adding a better war potion that would boost the spawn rates even more?
10. Right, what about the graveyard biome and Mr. Skulliton? I always liked him, will he ever come back ?

Okay, that'd be all for now. I know some of them aren't exactly connected to the mod but still, those'd be little tweaks that'd make the mod nicer to play. Besides, I think I never told you a few certain words, so I'll do it now - Thank you for creating such an awesome mod for Terraria!

Right, sorry for that wall of text, I'll start using paragraphs.. However, it'd be funny as hell to see a boss called Wall of Text.

2. Moon-phase based monsters would be really nice. The more randomization in the game, the better it is.. I think. Or at least it won't get boring as soon as the normal Terraria. And of course overdoing is also bad.
3. Yeah, this is more a writer-based job. I think that every game, even an action one, should have at least a bit of lore, it's always adding a bit of depth to our character and generally to the whole world. That diary should have a special slot in your inventory, or just make it accessible as a hotkey or something. Well, if you really think about implementing it, I could help you with that (I mean the lore-based stuff). I'll be having quite a lot of free time in the next 3 following weeks. Of course if you prefer doing it by yourself or something, just say it, I don't mind.
4. No matter how you do it, it'll be a fine addition either way. I actually have no idea how the tile system works, but creating a completely new biome using the existing resources in the game sounds good enough. Maybe adding a new biome on one side of the map, instead of the ocean?
5. Right, The Reverse Realm, I remember it, though I didn't spend a lot of time in there. Well, that's something already. Rework it as a post-moonlord area and it'll be great.
6. Nevermind that idea, sandbox-like games are not so ... compatible with a prestige system, there's too many downsides of that idea. But still, I'm in favour of the idea of some infinite-gameplay, though I have no idea how it would look like. I guess the moon events idea is good enough.

And now a few new, smaller ideas:

7. Could you please make the stack limit bigger ? It's been bugging me in Terraria since the day I started playing it, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with the same thought. I don't know whether it's a lot to code, but I'd be truly grateful for that.
8. Auto-trashing would be also really good to implement. Putting in it items you don't want and they get right into the trashcan. Even while exploring the jungle early game I get a lot of items that are totally useless, and it's really annoying to open your inventory and clean it every 5 minutes.
9. What about adding a better war potion that would boost the spawn rates even more?
10. Right, what about the graveyard biome and Mr. Skulliton? I always liked him, will he ever come back ?

Okay, that'd be all for now. I know some of them aren't exactly connected to the mod but still, those'd be little tweaks that'd make the mod nicer to play. Besides, I think I never told you a few certain words, so I'll do it now - Thank you for creating such an awesome mod for Terraria!
7. That depends, you mean for materials that goes up to 99 stacks, or any item but weapons and equipments? Also, changing stacks is really easy.
8. Mah lootz!! Just kidding, beside I guess that would solve my problem with the inventory. That's actually doable.
9. Nightmare event on NT3 pops up. Beside increasing even more the spawn rate is a nice idea too.
10. The Graveyard biome eventually returns, the Skullinton, though, I didn't reimplement because I always got lazy at messing on it's AI. Beside I remember that Skullinton itself was a small refference to a Shin Megami Tensei mmo that once were playable.

I've got to admit, this chat is pumping me into doing more cool stuff in the mod.

7. That depends, you mean for materials that goes up to 99 stacks, or any item but weapons and equipments? Also, changing stacks is really easy.
8. Mah lootz!! Just kidding, beside I guess that would solve my problem with the inventory. That's actually doable.
9. Nightmare event on NT3 pops up. Beside increasing even more the spawn rate is a nice idea too.
10. The Graveyard biome eventually returns, the Skullinton, though, I didn't reimplement because I always got lazy at messing on it's AI. Beside I remember that Skullinton itself was a small refference to a Shin Megami Tensei mmo that once were playable.

I've got to admit, this chat is pumping me into doing more cool stuff in the mod.

7. Everything that goes up to 99, make it please go up to at least 999.. It would make the game ... "easier" but in a good way. The gameplay would be smoother, I've got no idea how to describe it.
8. Same as point 7, it'd smooth up the gameplay, not particularly make it easier or something, so pretty please do it when you'll have some free time.
9. The more events the better. And if you make some unique loot that only can be dropped during such an event, it'd be great. When I first started playing Terraria, 6 years ago (Damn, good ol' times), I was so happy when I got the Broken Hero Sword during a solar eclipse, and later making the Terra Blade and just kill everything in a second... Ah, I wish I could go back in time and live it one more time... Am I being silly ?
10. Didn't play that one .. But I'm a huge fan of the NES console, though I played more on a pegasus one. I'm actually searching for a working one, cuz I still got about 60 cartridges from back when I'd just sit 24/7 in front of a TV and play games such as Bomberman, or Adventure Island III ( That one's mah favourite <3 ), aaand I'd love to play them again... Oh, right, I was suppossed to make some suggestions. Well, do as you please, maybe the graveyard could just be an artificial biome that boosts the zombie spawn or something.

I'm happy to hear it, though right now I'm out of ideas, for the moment at least. I've started playing NTerraria 6 once again, maybe I'll figure out some new suggestions later.

Last edited:
Well, if Nakano does come back to this mod, It'll be a time for celebration. Plus having monsters as races sounds pretty cool, like the slime and bunny from N Terraria 5 (I know there's a bunny race in 6, but the bunny from 5 was just much better. Sorry)

Back
Top Bottom