Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Hello! Wanted to get back into Terraria but wanted something a little new.. this Mod/Stand-alone version looks awesome with the RPG/leveling aspect!
I have played a few minutes and gotten a couple levels but I seem to be stuck in "Action" mode, and opening the Options menu and clicking "Action" doesn't seem to have an effect.

Any help would be awesome to change into RPG Mode, thanks!

Hey guys, sorry for this late announcement, but I was quite a moron and forgot to post it.

I made a partnership with BisectHosting, and they will offer you 25% discount on your first month buying your first server.
How can you get that? Easy, just visit Minecraft Server Hosting - BisectHosting [433+ Modpacks] and
input the code nakano15 when buying your first server.

With BisectHosting, they can let you host and manage your server with ease, removing the lags and issues caused from hosting the server by yourself, and also allow 24/7 access to anyone you want to invite to your gameplay.
They allow you to host servers for Terraria, Minecraft, and many other games I probably never played before.

If you want to try that out, you can join the server I modded specially for my mods players and their friends.
Open tModLoader, and insert this ip to join:

69.174.97.104:7005

The server itself was provided for free as part of the partnership with BisectHosting, and has a special mod made by me to make it more interesting, even though close to vanilla. You don't need to download any mods, since they will be downloaded once you try logging in.

I hope you guys like the experience, and don't forget to get a server from those guys if you need one to play with friends.

That's it for this post. Sorry about not having any news regarding this mod.

It has finally happened guys!
The two missing seasons of N Terraria were now found and available for download!
Thank Denver and superpowers04 for finding the two missing seasons.

You guys can find it inside the Older Versions. The readme inside it also has been updated with new information.

Have fun :)
1656387300473.png

And try beating my score. Haha

When will it be fully updated for 1.4? Also, I have a feature suggestion. You should be able to tell NPPlayers to stay in one location. I have this one demon guy who seems to be ACHING to get killed. He‘s a mage, but is always jumping in enemy faces swinging his pickaxe when he has full mana or uselessly standing out of range and I wish i could just tell him to stay home so I can properly level him up without him losing all his experience!

Last edited:
When will it be fully updated for 1.4? Also, I have a feature suggestion. You should be able to tell NPPlayers to stay in one location. I have this one demon guy who seems to be ACHING to get killed. He‘s a mage, but is always jumping in enemy faces swinging his pickaxe when he has full mana or uselessly standing out of range and I wish i could just tell him to stay home so I can properly level him up without him losing all his experience!
I don't think it will be happening soon. I'm currently trying to work on the season 7, which is from some 1.3 update.
As for the npplayers, depending on the season, the way they prioritize their weapon changes. Either they can't find better weapon than the pickaxe,
or their behaviour is set to attack monsters on melee. I recommend you to check his AI to make him less suicidal.

I don't think it will be happening soon. I'm currently trying to work on the season 7, which is from some 1.3 update.
As for the npplayers, depending on the season, the way they prioritize their weapon changes. Either they can't find better weapon than the pickaxe,
or their behaviour is set to attack monsters on melee. I recommend you to check his AI to make him less suicidal.
How do I change his AI? All I see are options for Follow, Guard, Explore, Free Will, and Lead The Way. Also, is there a way to change my party name? I accidentally named mine “Mmm” and can’t find a way to change it!

How do I change his AI? All I see are options for Follow, Guard, Explore, Free Will, and Lead The Way. Also, is there a way to change my party name? I accidentally named mine “Mmm” and can’t find a way to change it!
Hm, I checked the AI. The companion is programmed to use a melee weapon, if the target is close to them by 150 pixels.
Remove the melee weapons from the first 10 slots of their inventory to stop them from doing that.

And nope, your group will be know as the valiant 'Mmm' company for good on that character.
Gladly, no one else will know about that, unless.. they... check.... here....

Hm, I checked the AI. The companion is programmed to use a melee weapon, if the target is close to them by 150 pixels.
Remove the melee weapons from the first 10 slots of their inventory to stop them from doing that.

And nope, your group will be know as the valiant 'Mmm' company for good on that character.
Gladly, no one else will know about that, unless.. they... check.... here....
Well, I got rid of all the melee weapons, and now he’s a bit less self destructive. Anyways, I have one more gripe about this mod so far. That one Jar of Ooze Collection event! It seems any time I go near my house, Arthur (or whatever his name was) immediately shows up to colonize the area and start whining and spawning an endless stream of slimes.

If I complete or fail the event, he just immediately spawns again and restarts it! I’ve even tried assassinating him with sticky bombs, but he won’t leave me alone. He’s driven me mad with his endless events of ooze-jar torture! The only way I can get rid of him is by turning off world events, which also turns off the events I actually like, like the reaper or slime raid. Please, PLEASE add a feature in the next update that allows you to turn off just him, or at least reduce the frequency of him.

I can‘t stay a minute around my house without him showing his face and summoning his slimes. I’m at my wit’s end here!

I'll try doing this to solve the issue:
World events never spawning when you're in town, and the world event will no longer spawn if you have beaten Eye of Cthulhu.

Last edited:
Other than that annoying world event, this mod has probably been one of the most fun and chaotic Terraria experiences I’ve ever had. I can only imagine what it would be like with Calamity or other crazy mods installed! To sum up my experience with N Terraria in a nutshell: An athletic young catgirl babysits a suicidal demon mage, a girl who gets stuck all the time and wastes MP with redundant spells, and a warrior, all while an omnipresent slime researcher harasses her with jars of ooze.

Also, something INCREDIBLY weird just happened. I was in the jungle trying to complete the quest to get 30 stingers, when a natural NPPlayer showed up and spawned the Queen Bee. My party disappointingly wiped to it after a long fight, and it just so happened to be raining at night. As I walked to the jungle to try and resume my quest, I saw a possessed armour. I thought it was a little weird, and then I noticed invasion music was playing.

As I went to the jungle, I saw a Sand Poacher in the desert. Now this is getting really weird. Then I saw an Angry Nimbus, and when I got to the jungle, I was horrified to see all kinds of Arapaimas and Giant Flying Foxes meandering around the area. This was the moment I knew for SURE that something REALLY weird was going on.

I was thoroughly freaked out, but me being me, I decided to use this as an advantage. Since I had recieved a nice supply of mythril from a raccoon box, I ran to the ice biome and saw the Lv92 Ice Golem. I sat in a tiny box for a long time shooting it through the wall with my Chilling Bomb and autoclicker, praying to the heavens it doesn’t find an opening to shoot me or run away, until it eventually died and gave me a frost core.....

...or so i had hoped. I got greedy and lowered myself to its level so my NPPlayers could beat it up too. Little did I know, it had just barely enough space to shoot a frost beam and ENTIRELY CONTRITURATE MY WHOLE PARTY. Needless to say, i ended up using some very delightfully flowery and gentlemanly language to express my gratitude for the 30 minutes of my life that were just ripped away from me by this golem.

But I digress. Is this “Hardmode Invasion” supposed to happen? Was it some kind of super weird glitch? Should I hack in a frost core or two so I don’t have to live with this seething rage? If this is a glitch, don't fix it! I will post screenshots for proof when I get to my computer!

EDIT:
Screenshot (5346).png

Screenshot (5347).png

Screenshot (5353).png

Last edited:
I think there was something in the mod that could temporarily flip on the hardmode on the world somehow, without increasing the level range of the map, but I don't see any event on your log that gives off that idea.
I think that might actually be one of the mod moon events, let me check that out.

Edit: Congratulations! You're a happy victim of the Cursed Moon. Sadly, it doesn't seems to only happen during the night, which seems to be a bug.

Last edited:
Cursed moon, huh? I hope that happens again soon! Also, one more question. I sent my demon guy on a trip to the underworld on a solo mission to mine Hellstone as I expected him to be able to brave the horrors unlike the rest of my party, due to being a fire-loving demon and all, but he got incinerated by the lava. It’s pretty weird that a race that lives and breathes lava and fire also gets killed by lava and fire. Perhaps he’s spent so much time on the surface that his lava resistance got entirely ripped up?

And another question. If I had indeed killed that level 92 Ice Golem, how many levels would I have gone up?

And the TRULY last question, why do my NPPlayers love dancing on spikes and bathing in lava so much?

Last edited:
Cursed moon, huh? I hope that happens again soon! Also, one more question. I sent my demon guy on a trip to the underworld on a solo mission to mine Hellstone as I expected him to be able to brave the horrors unlike the rest of my party, due to being a fire-loving demon and all, but he got incinerated by the lava. It’s pretty weird that a race that lives and breathes lava and fire also gets killed by lava and fire. Perhaps he’s spent so much time on the surface that his lava resistance got entirely ripped up?

And another question. If I had indeed killed that level 92 Ice Golem, how many levels would I have gone up?

And the TRULY last question, why do my NPPlayers love dancing on spikes and bathing in lava so much?
I guess I forgot to do something about that race. I'll need to check out its resistance stuff.

The exp for killing monsters is based on their status. In this case, it's better killing many though monsters as fast as possible, than spending a long time facing one that has way higher level.

And npplayers AI isn't actually as great as the TerraGuardians, so they have their dumb moments too. I recommend you to npp proof the places you pass through.

I launched a patch addressing many of those issues.
Update 10.10
The Tax Collector will no longer spam that he's been saved on the adventure logger.
World Events no longer spawn near town.
Jar of Ooze collection world event will only be doable until you beat Eye of Cthulhu.
It also got a drop on level requirement, from 25 to 10.
Demons regained their lava immunity.
Fixed a bug where the skills icons wouldn't display on the skill hotbar if you didn't had the inventory tab set to Class.
The skill slots will no longer show up when managing Zones.
Don't ask me.
Just download the mod from any download link and install it over the previous installation to have it updated.

got a problem my computer crashed while playing and now my player file wont load it shows up but its the class symbol guess it got corrupted... anything i can do to fix it?

bonjour les classe ne fonctionne pas sur le dl que j'ai fait il me demande d'être en aventure mais je ne peux pas le choisir nul part

Back
Top Bottom