Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

I had a scary thought.
Moon Lord on Expert. I mean, doesn't Duke Fishron have like 1.3 mill on normal? And duke has like 1/3 of Moon Lords total hp haha. Poor puny fishron man.
Also, if the summoner's Army of One/Army of Errythang stuff stays, get 40 minions stardust dragon >:)

Was wondering nakano, are you going to let us pick a main class then a second class? Because with all those classes you'd think it would be a good idea. Like a sub-class.
Like let's say, main classes are Mage, Warrior, Ranger for bows and whatever, and the sub classes will be things like the merchant class and such.
You have no idea on how much I told him to create sub-classes or professions since the creation of the fisherman "class".
Multiclassing WOULD clear out Super Terrarian, freeing up space on the Wizard for a unique class. AND it covers that whole tiered classing thing I saw discussed earlier.

Let's say at level 20 class level (maybe in hm only) you can complete a different class quest to get the skills from that class to then spend the limited skill points on.

It'll allow for more unique builds while offering an option besides just maxing the obviously best class skills.
That is the original plan but there is some different limitation.
If the Ranked class thingy goes foward then it will not require Super Terraria class anymore due to the different class lines you could make.
But on the talk of classses... the summoner class...
1st off, what do bubbles, fists, and rain have to do with summoning? I can see the rain... but...
2 - and please make it so each minion gives more than 1 by default from the noble sacrifice skill. Having 5k health and restoring 160 health is crazy... especially when it took you ages to summon all 40 of them...
3rd off, the less is better/more is better skills need to be fixed... like seriously.
Game: Would you like to have 2 minions that do 400 damage or 40 that do 150?
Me: Please fix...
Here we go again...
1 - He is a multi-style type of class, Bubble for his mage side, Fists for knockback and fighter side and rain cause it looks fancy and the staff hardly having use beside for bosses fight.
2 - That seems like a bug, I guess it should give percentage of health, not fixed numbers even more 1.
3 - That needs to be changed, I suggest once again bringing the nerf-hammer into the summoner class, like it happened during NT5 before the stats changed Yes.
This is the problem I have with N5... we have enough points to max all of the best stuff.
So the points have no purpose beyond giving the player an opportunity to mess up and misclick on the bad skills that shouldn't be levelled. We might as well just get the skills at their max and get rid of the points because we can just max them out anyway.
How is that a problem ? You just place on passives after that.
I had a scary thought.
Moon Lord on Expert. I mean, doesn't Duke Fishron have like 1.3 mill on normal? And duke has like 1/3 of Moon Lords total hp haha. Poor puny fishron man.
Also, if the summoner's Army of One/Army of Errythang stuff stays, get 40 minions stardust dragon >:)
Shame Duke Fishron seems insanely weak with the new equip from 1.3, he might have his comeback in the future... ...or even a use once again.

is getting interesting again, is really funny read those posts of yours, so i have to wait a little longer for the official release, well i think a i have no choose. i have to make my own customize version of n-terraria 1.3 while i wait for the official release

Is there any ways to disable giant monsters ? (I have mobifiers off)
Some are doing left and right move without going forward.
Some are getting ejected accross the map when hit.
And their hitbox is bugged.

I have to admit, I have no idea what these mobifiers are. Or suicide mode.

...I must be a very boring NT player...

Last edited:
Soldier is confirmed. Get your rockets ready.
Soldier currently only have skills for firearm type weapon (beside they need tweaks).

@Topic If there were a New Game Plus mode for the mod, how world it work, and have impact on the gameplay?

Soldier currently only have skills for firearm type weapon (beside they need tweaks).

@Topic If there were a New Game Plus mode for the mod, how world it work, and have impact on the gameplay?
The world would be instantly hardmode and expert and will have a greater level beyond hardmode. Only a max character can enter it the first time and will reset the level to 1 but the stat will be the same and the new game character will have a flag that it's a new game + char.

I imagine that you would ultimately decide how it would work.

But NG+ is meant more for experiencing a traditional rpg story, just with everything unlocked. Anything beyond that is window-dressing.

Even in vanilla Terraria you can already do that by keeping worlds and PCs separate. Even the frilly extra of "more challenging" is technically covered by Expert Mode.

N Terraria already has No Tomorrow, which requires you to already be a high level AND adds challenge.

So... yeah... doesn't it already have NG+?

So they are essentially the gunner class

what of the hunter I have a hard time not picturing spear users or the Dragoon from Final Fantasy (Dragoon Jump is the best skill screw anyone who says otherwise)

For me, NG+ is raising difficulty up while allowing to continue the character development (think Dark Souls). So I'd be happy if after defeating the Moon Lord we'd have an ability to move to a new world, starting at the levels the old one had. And then NG++ etc.
  • To enable further progression, it would need either to have all items (in chests/drops/sold) upped - so that we could progress (and not stick to that Solar Eruption) - or allow us to level higher. Or nothing of that - and then it's tears, blood and dead bodies all over. Not like that's bad.
  • As for me Terraria is also about buildings, I rarely move to other worlds from the start of my "run" - I see no way over this in my version of NG+. Also as NPCs' items probably should scale, it has some good part.
  • Additional mechanics for bosses would also be great, but that's difficult, time-consuming etc. (Expert, actually, pretty disappointed me with almost no changes to old bosses. One new ability for the Eye, yeah)
  • Probably allowing to choose second class right there?
  • Adding some NG+-exclusive items/monsters/bosses/classes? would also be great, but that's difficult, time-consuming etc.
  • Instead of giving upgraded items themself there may be a low chance of dropping a consumable "Upgrade" item - which would allow to upgrade one of your items to NG+-version. That would need to have some countermeasure though (to not stick to that Solar Eruption): for example, it only allows to upgrade items of the same base rarity as it is or lower. Different rarities would then drop at different zones, sorted by level - we have 11 base rarities, and the last one (Red) may drop from the Solar Pillar events, while the first one (White) randomly drops from the Purity.

I feel compelled to point out the other end of the NG+ spectrum. Of course people will bring up Dark Souls, a very traditional start-to-end story, which is designed around being difficult.

The other side can be seen in Tales of Symphonia. The game doesn't get harder, but you can only unlock more through additional playthroughs. You can unlock more based on how well you played in the previous playthrough.

And then there was FFX, which only had a way to learn additional story through a translation thing during a NG+ playthrough.

Let's not forget that each of those games forces the player into a reset world at story's end...

---

Edit:
Legend of Zelda put you in a differently designed world and the dungeons were harder.

Link's Adventure just let you play again with previously achieved levels and spells.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons started you with one extra heart and allowed more rings to be collected.

Ultimate Alliance increased difficulty, kept unlocked characters at current levels and uncapped skill levels a bit.

Last edited:
So they are essentially the gunner class

what of the hunter I have a hard time not picturing spear users or the Dragoon from Final Fantasy (Dragoon Jump is the best skill screw anyone who says otherwise)
Hunters likes to kill things faster with their bow.
The world would be instantly hardmode and expert and will have a greater level beyond hardmode. Only a max character can enter it the first time and will reset the level to 1 but the stat will be the same and the new game character will have a flag that it's a new game + char.
Lol no.
I imagine that you would ultimately decide how it would work.

But NG+ is meant more for experiencing a traditional rpg story, just with everything unlocked. Anything beyond that is window-dressing.

Even in vanilla Terraria you can already do that by keeping worlds and PCs separate. Even the frilly extra of "more challenging" is technically covered by Expert Mode.

N Terraria already has No Tomorrow, which requires you to already be a high level AND adds challenge.

So... yeah... doesn't it already have NG+?
No tomorrow is more like a new game what the heck?
But actual new game plus the game does not have, the nearest thing to new game plus is the reverse realm, but does not increases the player level cap.
For me, NG+ is raising difficulty up while allowing to continue the character development (think Dark Souls). So I'd be happy if after defeating the Moon Lord we'd have an ability to move to a new world, starting at the levels the old one had. And then NG++ etc.
  • To enable further progression, it would need either to have all items (in chests/drops/sold) upped - so that we could progress (and not stick to that Solar Eruption) - or allow us to level higher. Or nothing of that - and then it's tears, blood and dead bodies all over. Not like that's bad.
  • As for me Terraria is also about buildings, I rarely move to other worlds from the start of my "run" - I see no way over this in my version of NG+. Also as NPCs' items probably should scale, it has some good part.
  • Additional mechanics for bosses would also be great, but that's difficult, time-consuming etc. (Expert, actually, pretty disappointed me with almost no changes to old bosses. One new ability for the Eye, yeah)
  • Probably allowing to choose second class right there?
  • Adding some NG+-exclusive items/monsters/bosses/classes? would also be great, but that's difficult, time-consuming etc.
  • Instead of giving upgraded items themself there may be a low chance of dropping a consumable "Upgrade" item - which would allow to upgrade one of your items to NG+-version. That would need to have some countermeasure though (to not stick to that Solar Eruption): for example, it only allows to upgrade items of the same base rarity as it is or lower. Different rarities would then drop at different zones, sorted by level - we have 11 base rarities, and the last one (Red) may drop from the Solar Pillar events, while the first one (White) randomly drops from the Purity.
Yeah, those ideas are most likelly what new game plus could be.

Back
Top Bottom