Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

But isnt skeletron level gonna raise with my level?
I think the boss only raise their level when you defeat one (For example, EoC), because when I was playing earlier, a EoC spawned with level 72 while I was level 165, but i'm not completely sure.

1444687288432.jpg

Uhh... Is this suppose to happen?

@Okamijin, totally normal.

But isnt skeletron level gonna raise with my level?
That's the beauty of it, it doesn't until you defeat it, which will increase by a couple levels (may be 30, may be 100. Who knows!), but it will never scale with you.

And there is no such thing as balance on freemode, especially on expert.

"Npcs names for example, will require me to mask some lists in order to make it work correctly with mod npcs."

I believe he means that when the game creates an NPC, it would normally choose one from a file which limits certain names to certain NPC types, such as "NAME_GUIDE", or "NAME_MERCHANT" for example. If a game were to load an NPC that it doesn't have a prepared name for, it would likely either display random characters (best outcome), hit the bug stop trigger and crash the game (frustrating, but understandable), or crash the game AND corrupt the player or world files (bad). He needs to work out a way for the game to view the extra NPC as an already existing type, or program it to recognize and use the new NPC in the world (AND THEN bugtest to see if it displays any unwanted behavior).

Quote from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Array_programming

"The fundamental idea behind array programming is that operations apply at once to an entire set of values. This makes it a high level programming model, as it allows the programmer to think and operate on whole aggregates of data, without having to resort to explicit loops of individual scalar operations."

(In short, measure to the power of "n", cut once).
Yes, that is the answer.
Terraria npc ids goes from 1 to the max number of npcs.
But the mod npcs have different ids, they begin at 9000 so it is possible to port them without problems.
Due to the npcs actual name be in a list, that will be troublesome to make.
When are you going to nerf skeletron and other monsters away from spawn? 6.31 or further?
I will not.
I mean freemode on normal world, he is hitting me for 700 with best eq avalaible for this progress. He is killing me with 2 hits ;_;
Next update is going to fix the player Immunity issue.
View attachment 81211
Uhh... Is this suppose to happen?
Yes, the max exp is like that because is the failsafe system I made to avoid the exp of going negative, or bugging the percentage of the interface.

Um, WTF is this and how do I get rid of it?
To put it in short, it's a performance display (and shows specifics on each segment). Can't remember exactly which F# it was, but it's between F5-F11.

One of them changes the lighting setting (F8?), so be weary of that.

Any tips for leveling in Freemode? I went to the end of the world underground and it takes some enemies for me to level up and looking at Skeletron's level, I have a long way to go.

Hum, I should really have anticipate the npplayers dumbness.
I'll try to do something about that. I just hope it does not causes the code of being unstable.

I thought tAPI were discountinued, also, no, I will not make a compatibility with tAPI.

any other mods or mod API compatible with N terraria?

Any tips for leveling in Freemode? I went to the end of the world underground and it takes some enemies for me to level up and looking at Skeletron's level, I have a long way to go.
coming from someone who has not really done so, this isn't a for sure thing, but if you look up on youtube, afk farms, build something in that style, so as to get a huge amount spawning, of course this is without the water candle, but it should still work, and just kill them yourself,
This should work, as your not going afk, this is just so that more spawn, just ignore the hardmode specific stuff, like the hallow, and the lava fall thing too, as this is not an afk farm

coming from someone who has not really done so, this isn't a for sure thing, but if you look up on youtube, afk farms, build something in that style, so as to get a huge amount spawning, of course this is without the water candle, but it should still work, and just kill them yourself,
This should work, as your not going afk, this is just so that more spawn, just ignore the hardmode specific stuff, like the hallow, and the lava fall thing too, as this is not an afk farm
Thanks, i'll do to something like this then, might borrow a few things from my OP character when he's building it (Water candles mainly)

any other mods or mod API compatible with N terraria?
It's only compatible with itself.
Thanks, i'll do to something like this then, might borrow a few things from my OP character when he's building it (Water candles mainly)
Could also get some characters that are strong itself and assign them to attack the mobs. That's what I did when I got fed up with things, and I dumped points into Charisma on my ranger for more summons.

must have missed when it happened but it seems we can actually use zones now which is awesome however I am curious is there any limit to the number of zones we can place that we should be careful of ?

Dead branch isn't working for me, I assume it's not implemented fully in 1.3.0.8? Because it doesn't say so anywhere

Back
Top Bottom