Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Hey everyone - I'm new to the terraria forums and need help troubleshooting. I installed GameLauncher and the required files (content, nterraria server, and nterraria) but I get the error:

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\Tilecracks.xnb". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading Content\Images\Tilecracks.xnb". File not found. (There's a lot more after that, but this seems like the important part)

EDIT: I run the Steam Version of terraria

to be honest, you don't even need the game launcher, just run the .exe after dropping it in with terraria, and the content folder in with the content folder

Hey everyone, for some reason when I try and pickup the mage class quest from the Dye Trader, it tell me 'Cannot get the quest'
Is there anything I can do in order to get the mage class?

Quick Question: Is the Golden Shower worth it in Expert Freemode? Or am I better off without it?
Defense is 75% in Expert, and in Normal it's 50%. So, yeah. It is worth it. Less defense = more damage, especially when your enemy has 1000 defense. That's a 500 damage reduction, or a 750 if you're in expert. But i actually just realised that Golden Shower doesnt reduce armor by a percentage, and only by 20. So, no. Dont bother.

well the areas I made yesterday are gone so looks like it dose not save yet no. No big deal really was still fun to play around with and see what I could do I will have to keep the limit somewhat in mind though so I don't go overboard lol if we end up with the ability to place monsters or monster types etc in them I have ideas for monster nests I wanna play with >_>
Talking about ability to place monsters or monster types, I believe I could make so you need monster banners to place monsters in a zone.
That may work. Right?
I believe 600+ levels since I beaten EoC and EoW already, but I made a AFK farm so I don't have to keep running around and have a chance of dying while doing so.
Level 600?!?
I believe it's being affected by the far from spawn level boost script, right?
Defense is 75% in Expert, and in Normal it's 50%. So, yeah. It is worth it. Less defense = more damage, especially when your enemy has 1000 defense. That's a 500 damage reduction, or a 750 if you're in expert. But i actually just realised that Golden Shower doesnt reduce armor by a percentage, and only by 20. So, no. Dont bother.
10 extra damage!!! :D
Oh, wait, that is bad, I wonder what I could do... Oh...

Nakano, you could made an updated version of the Golden Shower - Platinum Shower? Reduces armor by a percentage, 20% armor reducing. Maybe more, depends. Golden Shower + 20 Platinum Bar + Aqua Scepter + 1 Platinum Coin. I think that'd be a pretty good idea. Make the Ichor flame on the GS sprite a bit more silvery and give the book a platinum rim and there you go. Great weapon.

Nakano, you could made an updated version of the Golden Shower - Platinum Shower? Reduces armor by a percentage, 20% armor reducing. Maybe more, depends. Golden Shower + 20 Platinum Bar + Aqua Scepter + 1 Platinum Coin. I think that'd be a pretty good idea. Make the Ichor flame on the GS sprite a bit more silvery and give the book a platinum rim and there you go. Great weapon.
The Platinum bar part would be a bad idea

Stopped reading at the part of Platinum Shower.

@topic Hey guys, good news.
Hardcore RPG mode is coming back.
If you want to play the Regular RPG mode with tougher monsters, then it's the right game mode for you.
And more, it is very rewarding.

Stopped reading at the part of Platinum Shower.

@topic Hey guys, good news.
Hardcore RPG mode is coming back.
If you want to play the Regular RPG mode with tougher monsters, then it's the right game mode for you.
And more, it is very rewarding.
so hardcore mode on expert mode is a possibility 0.0 can't wait! XD

Talking about ability to place monsters or monster types, I believe I could make so you need monster banners to place monsters in a zone.
That may work. Right?
Hmmm it might work but ether you would end up with really weak monsters because of the bonuses banners grant against anything or you would have to remove the banner bonus in crafted areas however It is a rather good idea still and would grant us access to possibly the widest amount of monsters possible making for some very nice player made dungeon designs. I would like to suggest the combination of the banner + something like corrupt seeds/crimson seeds to corrupt the banner and make it more of an evil monster banner however I could see that being a fair bit of work since there are a LOT of banners (one for each type of monster I think) in general I myself like the idea wounder what others think of it though ?

Golden shower in the mod was supposed to be a percentage, and not a flat amount. Not everything is supposed to be where it is at, so just mess around and find out which ones aren't working!

So I'm guessing the blacksmith hasn't been implemented yet in NT6?
It was discussed, and will be added in again (but with another method of the system).

Hmmm it might work but ether you would end up with really weak monsters because of the bonuses banners grant against anything or you would have to remove the banner bonus in crafted areas however It is a rather good idea still and would grant us access to possibly the widest amount of monsters possible making for some very nice player made dungeon designs. I would like to suggest the combination of the banner + something like corrupt seeds/crimson seeds to corrupt the banner and make it more of an evil monster banner however I could see that being a fair bit of work since there are a LOT of banners (one for each type of monster I think) in general I myself like the idea wounder what others think of it though ?
Hum, I don't think so about that of the weak monsters, even more because I have way more uses to the zone monsters, even more when Kingdoms are implemented.
Golden shower in the mod was supposed to be a percentage, and not a flat amount. Not everything is supposed to be where it is at, so just mess around and find out which ones aren't working!
I changed a few systems so the 20 defense that the Golden Shower will take will be scaled.
But I will still need to test it.
I'm just gonna put all this together into one long reply so as to not waste time and space.

More banners of a type = More monster spawns? Sort of like a stack-able buff.
What a good idea... More banners of a type = more monsters spawn.
Or maybe not really that great, maybe sum the stack of all banners to generate the total spawn?

Just found out the best way to grind now while testing stuff out, take a statue of an enemy or Mob (The more, the better, but don't overwhelm yourself too much) and a 1 second timer, hook them up, turn on the timer and kill everything in sight.

@ JediJiggler oooh I was more thinking/rambling out loud as I like the idea of using the banners however I was worried that placing a banner to summon a monster might outright negate the monsters overall effectiveness as a banner drastically nerfs your opponents to almost laughable degrees from what I have seen I mean like things that rape me do like 2-10 damage to me in the presence of a banner and that was one idea that came to mind however I realized as well it might probably be too much work ... and I suck at punctuation so it got mixed with the rest of my sentence

It sounds like Nakano15 does have a general idea though of what they plan to do and a way around the banner bonus that's granted to players so maybe my idea was a bit premature and I jumped the gun worrying about that XD. Also Sorry Nakano15 about the confusion (if any) I was more referring to the fact I liked your idea of using banners when I was asking what others think

So hardcore rpg mode, monster spawning zones, bug fixes, a bunch of other updates, percentage based buffs rather than flat rate ones, is anyone as hyped about this update as I am?

Back
Top Bottom