Name 1 habit that you simply cant shake in Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hotbar is almost always:
1-3: Weapons. 4: Pickaxe. 5: Torch. 6: Tool. 7-0: Various.
The left few columns of my inventory is random tools, and potions. The bottom left corner is Piggy Bank + Workbench / Safe. The top right corner is where the Recall potions, and magic mirror go.

My hotbar is always 1. Sword, 2. Torches, 3. Pickaxe, 4. Axe, 5-7 Random stuff, 8. A block of some sort (usually stone or dirt) 9. Ropes (until I don't need them anymore, then it changes to magic mirror)

If I have an ore or a bar in my inventory, it is always in a slot specific to it in the lower left corner, no matter what. The rest of my inventory can be as unorganised as it can possibly be, and those slots are still perfectly organised.

I have a lot of freaking habits in terraria. I'll list a few of them because otherwise they might take up a whole page. (Okay, maybe not that much, but you get the point.)

- My hotbar is arranged like this (Examples from a world I'm on now):
1. Best sword I have (Terra Blade)
2. Pickaxe (Shroomite Digging Claws)
3. Axe (Picksaw)
4. Hammer (Chlorophyte Jackhammer)
5. Ranged Weapon (Stynger)
6. Boomerang (Paladin's Hammer)
7. Magic Weapon (Rainbow Gun)
8. Flail (Golem Fist)
9. Fishing Rod (Fisher of Souls)
10. Torches (Mushrooms? Gonna sort that out in a sec...)

-I always defeat the eater of world as the first boss on Corruption worlds, but on Crimson worlds, I fight the brain after the Eye and Skeletron. This is because I find the brain significantly harder, and have no amazing strategy for that guy.

-I literally never get titanium as a hardmode ore. I have not even gotten it once. Fact. I don't even know what the armor does. That's how little I know. Heck, I don't even know what the ore itself looks like! (Not as much of a habit here, just an annoyance.)

-I always use these accessories pretty much all the time:
1. Wings
2. Boots
3. Charm of Myths
4. Star Veil (Can change up a bit)
5. Shield

-I always make the melee class armor out of hardmode ores, AKA the ones with the most defense. I also don't settle for a good reforge until I have Armored or Warding on my Accesories, yet I settle for a good reforge on weapons on anything that increases damage.

Eh, I could say a lot more, but whatever. A load of stuff anyways.

-I literally never get titanium as a hardmode ore. I have not even gotten it once. Fact. I don't even know what the armor does. That's how little I know. Heck, I don't even know what the ore itself looks like! (Not as much of a habit here, just an annoyance.)
Can we trade? It's all I ever get.

I always have to map the entire sky before I enter hardmode. Even if I've already found all the islands, I still need to get out the grav potions and reveal every single empty pixel or it will drive me nuts.

Speaking of the islands, I always hang ropes from them. Always from the side closest to the world spawn. And the ropes must stay there forever, even though I can reach the islands without them once i get wings.

I keep everything I ever get, I never delete anything... Ever... at all. I also will never fight any boss without getting 400 health or until it attacks me. I don't build any NPC houses until I get to hardmode and need the wizard and the arms dealer and the demolitionist. I never get any pre-corruption/crimson armor, however I get all the hardmode ore armors. I will always have stacks of obsidian, hellstone, and the hardmode ores. Each time I need to go to hell I end up making another elevator. There's probably many more, but none I can think of lol.

- I only start my house once I have 2 gold, to get the Bug Net and the Piggy Bank. Only 2 rooms for the Guide and the Merchant;
- Then, I only make a room for a new NPC when I desperately need them.

- Since 1.2.4, I skip directly from the Copper Pickaxe to the Reaver Shark, from the Copper Shortsword to the Fiery Greatsword, and from Ebon/Shadewood Armor to Molten Armor. Am I the only one who thinks the Reaver Shark shouldn't be available so early? Maybe it could only be reeled in after Skeletron is defeated or somefin;
- To be honest, I usually find a spear, a boomerang, or rarely, a Water Bolt to replace the shortsword; I never craft a weapon myself before the FG, though;
- Then, I explore a lot, make a Night's Edge, make 4-tiles wide chasms to hell around my spawn, the Jungle, and Corruption/Crimson. I also make a horizontal tunnel between the two "spawn" chasms a bit below the Surface line to prevent the underground biomes from reaching my house from below;
- Activate Hardmode;
- Get Pirate Map, acquire Cutlass (usually by boxing myself and shooting Water Bolt through a hole);
- Never break a single altar in case it releases evil in the Jungle. Instead, I either fish for crates or farm the Destroyer with Molten Armor and skip Hardmode ores entirely (been doing that lately).

Then I can't say I have a "habit" for the rest because I rarely beat the Twins. I usually don't get killed, I just run out of time because I always miss with ranged/magic shots and I can't use my usual Melee weapons.

So, to answer OP's question, my #1 habit is sequence-breaking.

I DO want to get rid of this habit because I wanna actually play the game. ;_; In 1.3, I vow to get as many NPCs as possible and NOT get the Reaver Shark.

Last edited:
-I run around with my inventory open 90% of the time.
-I arrange my hotbar as such:
1:primary weapon
2:pickaxe
3:Hammer (Or axe if I have yet to get a hamaxe.)
4:Secondary weapon
5:Torches
Rest are for random crap

The right-most 3x3 section of my inventory is for potions and a grappling hook.

I always use black and <X> dye.

EDIT:
-Primary Weapon
-Pickaxe
Leaving that mistake there, it's too good.

why do people keep their pickaxe in their hotbar? just hold shift and it uses your pickaxe in your inventory when you hover your cursor on a block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom