Name 1 habit that you simply cant shake in Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use ALL the weapons i find so they don't feel left out o_0 and i keep them all in my hotbar or the slot directly below so im walking around with 12 weapons using all of them equally even though only the first 3 are useful... Is that weird :joy:

I always cheat and completely surround The Hallow and Crimson/Corruption with a 5 block wide thing of clay in TEdit.

I hate the spread so I make sure it's localized and then proceed to put doors on each side so I can enter and exit.

I know I lose items that are covered over by the clay but eh, worth it in the long run.

i will always try to melee stuff apart if they're too close, even if i'm non-melee usage character i'll still use my pickaxe or something to Swat mobs away

i carry multiple safes which house multiple crafting tables, multiple piggy banks, and multiple beds just because i keep losing them.

What I do is build two of these
Wall.png

in a certain distance between them, in the borders of which I build a town with a campfire, accomodation for the NPCs and storage rooms. Been doing this since I saw it in one of @Ampex's videos (can be seen here). Keeps your village safe from monsters from early game to the very end.
index.php

I always keep my rocket boots all the way to the end of the game. Be it spectre, lightning, or frostspark boots, i never take em off. Even after getting wings.
Same, but only for the speed boost :cool:
[DOUBLEPOST=1423249628][/DOUBLEPOST]My hotbar and inventory organization. Slot 1: Weapon Slot Two: Pick Slot Three: axe slot 4-0: random potions (for only using one so I don't get gravity when I want featherfall)
Bottom Right corner is magic mirror. Right next to that is my grappel

I always seem to build an anti-Wall of Flesh dirt/stone/ash bridge. I hate taking that risk of losing money and wasting potions on a battle when I die.
I also tend to build houses for NPCs that would match them. Like dungeon bricks for the clothier.
If I'm too lazy to dig straight to the underworld, I will often travel a path down a nearby cave system that I've explored before and use that as a very slow-travel way to get to the underworld throughout almost the entire game unless I'm fed up with how long it takes.
I always keep at least one pet, grappling hook, magic mirror and light source (Shadow Orb, Fairy Bell, Whisp) in my inventory, along with glowsticks and lots of gel and wood if I need torches. As well, I always have my first two hotbar slots being a sword and a pickaxe, followed by an arrangement of other weapons and possibly a hamaxe. The last two slots are always torches and dirt blocks. I tend to be more of a utility person; I never have potions or my magic mirror in my hotbar.

Hm, I thought about it and I do seem to have a few.
  • Whenever I start a new world with a new character, I hit the ground running like Hardmode has already started, building a house and looking for materials like a machine. I then immediately afterward start goofing off and relax.
  • Since you aren't actually bound to any sort of class, my hotbar is always a mix of weapons from swords to spells and from guns to explosives with tools on the right.
  • Whenever I die to a boss, I barely try to improve myself from what I already prepared, and instead go to do it again as soon as possible.
  • More recently I started making big buildings for myself designed around being unfit for the NPCs to live in. They need to learn; me castle, you mudhut. Or whatever theming I feel like that is deliberately worse than my place/as small as I can get away with and still count as a house.
  • I can't seem to be bothered to organize myself, so my inventory ends up cluttered and I only drop what I feel like I can trash to make space, because I just want to explore and kill monsters without stopping for even the 5 seconds it would take.
  • I have a strange habit of keeping original tools and such in a chest long after they'd be any good to me. Even I don't understand it.

I have an obnoxious tendency to "pick up" my tools, particularly my pickaxe, and use them with my cursor rather than just using the hotkey. Then I'll swap it out for something else in my inventory and do the same.

I've lost a Picksaw and a Rod of Discord doing this because I dropped it without realizing it.

I always build my house in s snow biome. My current base right now is on top of a dungeon, because thete was snow.
I also hate using normal torches. I always go for cursed ones.

Oh lord, this one's an easy one to answer: Jumping from high places without the proper.. 'equipment.' %:sigh:

I rarely ever die to monsters. 95% of my deaths are from falling. I could literally make an hour long montage of fall deaths, lmao. :dryadwhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom