Map-Farm Natasha's Brewery - A Workshop for Potions and Fishing

SteveisNoob

Pixel Pirate
Hi, everyone. I'm so excited to create this thread, as it's my first serious map creation project. This will be a workshop for potion-crafting, ingredient-farming and fishing(maybe more will be added). Also it will function as an all-items of brewing and fishing. And yes, it's already testing my skill on TEdit very hard :) But, please let me tell how everything had started...

I saw a thread which someone wants help for Expert mode Skeletron. Since he is my favourite and I had some good tricks I decided to help. After a very funny fight, I friended who I helped. Then after a really short while I helped him again with the Mechanical Bosses, again on Expert. Then, with one of his friend, we started a playtrough. Because of my habit on creating characters(randomize some, then give a name) i had a female character on that run. At the start, they asked me if I become the potion-maker(they offered to me to be "witch" :) ). I accepted this offer, and of course, I needed to build myself a herb-farm, and because of the Staff off Regrowth bug on multiplayer, I made the farm with clay pots, added some special chest for store the stuff, and added some crafting stations. Finally, I had finished a very good build of brewery(at least it's good for me). Also, as far as we progress into the game, my female character kept to be a "cute witch" which really made me fell in love with her. xD At the near-end of playtrough(Moon Lord defeated several), I asked my friend if he could share the save file. Thanks to him so much, he sent me the file. It was firstly supposed to be a "brewery shop" on the trading section, but after a while of thinking, I changed my mind to make this as a map project. I have been working on it for about two days, so I'm at the very start of it. But yeah, since this thread finally exists, I will put my best on it :) Oh, and for the last, the name of the character was obviously "Natasha", which changed to "Natasha the Witch" after I had the save. OK, I think it's enaugh to tell stories, let's get straight into the topic! :D

Firstly, here's my tools; My computer, obviously :) then TEdit(without it this project couldn't even be a dream), Terraria(a must to every true Terrarian xD) and finally T-Shock(I'm still in need of to do something manually, T-Shock is great to do this kind of stuff). And, let's don't forget to my brain, arms/hands and all other parts of my body xD

Now the stuff that the map will contain:

4 on Sky with Purify, Hallow, Corruption and Crimson. Home-made stuff :) ---- FINISHED
4 on Caverns with Purify, Hallow, Corruption and Crimson. Well isolated from the rest, again home-made ---- FINISHED
1 on left-side ocean for shark tools ---- FINISHED
1 on Icy Cavern(Pure) ---- FINISHED
1 on Dungeon for crates ---- FINISHED

1 on Caverns or Hell with a lava pool ---- In Planning
3 on Jungle, one at Surface, one at Cavern depth and one at a Bee Hive ---- In Planning

(More might be added if someone suggests)

A small brewery building with Clay Pots ---- FINISHED (In fact it's the one which built during the playtrough)
A second bigger herb plantation with Planter Boxes ---- In Planning
Natural environmented herb plantations on various locations ---- In Planning

A monster grinder and a seperate biome key grinder on the left-side ocean ---- FINISHED
An under-water plants grinder on right-side ocean ---- In Planning
One or more farming areas in the Jungle to grind Jungle Spores, Stingers and Vines ---- In Planning
Farming areas for Normal/Glowing/Vile/Vicious Mushrooms ---- In Planning
Farming areas for Cobwebs ---- In Planning
Mob grinders at several locations to farm the following stuff ---- In Planning

• Lenses
  • Rotten Chunks
  • Vertabraes
  • Antlion Mandibles
  • Bones
  • etc (I could't remember their names:/)

(More will be added when I remember stuff)

Farming areas for all types of wood ---- In Planning
Mineshaft-like mining fields with various sizes to farm potion-ingredient ores ---- In Planning ---- (Might be abandoned if issues show up)

(More will be added when I remember stuff)

Housing area for NPCs ---- FINISHED
A crafting building ---- In Planning
One or more storehouses with high amount of stuff in chests ---- In Planning
A school-like building which will teach brewery and fishing ---- In Planning

Teleporter system for incredible mobility ---- Being done with other stuff
Minecart systems for small distances ---- Being done with other stuff
HOIK systems, if needed ---- Being done with other stuff

A seperate version of map that include potion-crafting quests ---- Added on to-do list, thanks @SovereignVis for suggestion!

Please, suggest something to help me remember or not to miss!!!

And, now it's time to post some spoilers from the world :) (Sorry, there're just a few currently :( I will add more as fast as I can :) )

Sp1.png

Natasha is fishing on Hallowed Skylake...

Sp2.png

Building of Icy Cavern fishing pond...

Last edited:
Sounds interesting enough... I think it would be cool if you could run a potion shop in Terraria where you would sell potions to NPCs during the day and have to get more materials as well as deliver some potions to NPC houses at night or when your shop is closed. It would kind of be like the fishing quests you get from the angler, but instead you would be giving NPCs potions that they request.

Sounds interesting enough... I think it would be cool if you could run a potion shop in Terraria where you would sell potions to NPCs during the day and have to get more materials as well as deliver some potions to NPC houses at night or when your shop is closed. It would kind of be like the fishing quests you get from the angler, but instead you would be giving NPCs potions that they request.
I think Dryad could give these types of quests. She wants a potion, then you brew it and give her. (Oh, devs, please...)

I think Dryad could give these types of quests. She wants a potion, then you brew it and give her. (Oh, devs, please...)
Maybe someone could make a mod like that. But I would thinking of the map being more like small towns and villages and the player would have to go to different places to deliver potions.

Maybe someone could make a mod like that. But I would thinking of the map being more like small towns and villages and the player would have to go to different places to deliver potions.
The map will mostly interested in farming materials for potions and fishing stuff. But maybe a version of this map might include some potion crafting and material farming quests. Thanks for suggestion!

UPDATE

FINISHED - Monster grinder and seperate biome key grinder on left-side ocean
FINISHED - Housing area for NPCs

Almost Done - Fishing area for shark tools on left-side ocean
Started - Fishing area for crates on Dungeon

Added a suggestion, thanks @SovereignVis

Added a spoiler

UPDATE (Yet another one)

FINISHED - Pure/Hallowed/Corrupt/Crimson Cavern Fishing Ponds
FINISHED - Fishing Area on Left-Side Ocean
FINISHED - Pure Ice Cavern Fishing Pond
FINISHED - Dungeon Fishing Pond for Crates