Biomes & Nature Natural Lava Traps

Sargon

Terrarian
(I apologize if someone has already suggested this simple suggestion. Because I'm bad at searching old threads I didn't find any suggestion similar to this, I decided to give it a go.)

There are three types of Traps in the Underground and the Cavern: Boulder, Explosive and Dart Traps. The addition of Lava Traps would increase the trap amount of the lava level to four. I think the world generation could generate Lava Traps in the same way as Boulder Traps by using Active Stone Blocks. Here is an example with images.

Capture 2015-09-15 11_10_26.png

Capture 2015-09-15 11_10_54.png

Capture 2015-09-15 11_11_41.png

Some arguments for the Lava Traps:

1. They would give more variety to the current types of Pressure Plate traps.
2. Innocent and unsuspecting players need more opportunities to get slaughtered by brutal circumstances.
3. The Cavern layer is supposed to be "harder" than the Underground layer but "easier" than the Underworld. Lava Traps would represent this change by the means of traps.
4. Traps and lava are cool. :cool:
5. Traps and lava make it thrilling to venture in the depths. Why not combine them?
6. Lava Traps should be relatively easy to implement (you may correct me if I'm wrong).

It would depend on the direction of the falling lava and the distance between player and the lava (and how many lava sources the Pressure Plate triggers). Sometimes it could be easier to avoid the flow and sometimes you would have to act quickly.

I don't think we can determine how avoidable traps should be in general. Even the existing traps can be avoided at different rates. Explosive Traps give you no time to avoid them but you can dodge Boulder Traps and Dart Traps, assuming their missiles are launched from afar. Instead of this, perhaps we could determine how threatening the Traps are. I think this approach would put Lava Traps between Dart and Boulder Traps because Darts Traps are rarely fatal. Anyway, I have heard of players falling in lava so I see no reason why lava wouldn't mutually fall on them. ;)

i like this, u could have it the other way too. pressure plate on top and u fall into the lava. (the pressure plate would be *mined* cause the block it is on would actuate.

Back
Top Bottom