NPCs & Enemies Nazar is a huge problem.

Nekohime

Queen Bee
The nazar is one of the hardest materials for the ankh shield to obtain do to the low frequency of the monsters who drop it combined with the 1% drop rate. One solution would be to add a statue that lets you spawn cursed skulls. Gloom Statue is a skull so may'be that could work? Unless the devs wish to add a brand new statue.

Solution is PoweredByBirds of course.

Edit: There is one complication. They also drop bones. The best fix to that Is to make it so they can't drop anything until skeletron is defeated as necro armor is post skeletron and it should remain that way.

Last edited:
However, the devs have stated that they have currently halted new additions to 1.4.4.4.4

They would be boned to add this in rn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For what it’s worth…I remember years ago playing through to obtain all items to have in my inventory so I know what you mean…especially those 1% “bad runs”.

Never had much difficulties getting a Nazar. I usually get it during my pre-hardmode trip to the dungeon where I remove all traps and spikes and furniture and pretty much everything except the post-plantera biome chests so that I can access them easily in the hardmode dungeon.

Of course if you wait until hardmode before going dungeon delving, all the new monsters will make cursed skulls much rarer. Just try to acquire it in pre-hardmode.

The nazar is one of the hardest materials for the ankh shield to obtain do to the low frequency of the monsters who drop it combined with the 1% drop rate. One solution would be to add a statue that lets you spawn cursed skulls. Gloom Statue is a skull so may'be that could work? Unless the devs wish to add a brand new statue.

Solution is PoweredByBirds of course.

Edit: There is one complication. They also drop bones. The best fix to that Is to make it so they can't drop anything until skeletron is defeated as necro armor is post skeletron and it should remain that way.
hmmmmm I always found the band aid and sometimes vitamins on the rare side, never really had too much issue with the nazar..............RNG I guess?? But in general ya the anhk charm is definitely a bit of work and luck.

You know that you can just use Shimmer on a Megaphone, right? You get Megaphones from Pixies, Blood Mummies, Dark Mummies, and Green Jellyfish at a 1% chance. Shimmer works both ways for all Ankh Charm crafting materials, so if you have a duplicate of one, you just need to throw it in Shimmer liquid for its counterpart.

Back
Top Bottom