Nazar was dropping like candy, now it wont drop

what is your point? the nazar is a very common item
He's saying that the 1% or 1/100 chance (2% or 1/50 in expert mode) doesn't mean that out of every 100 or 50 possible drops, you're guaranteed to get 1. Rather, you have the same chance of a drop each time. It's completely possible (though very unlikely) to roll a 100-sided die many times in a row and get the same certain number each time, and it is also completely possible to roll that same die the same number of times and never get that number.

a
He's saying that the 1% or 1/100 chance (2% or 1/50 in expert mode) doesn't mean that out of every 100 or 50 possible drops, you're guaranteed to get 1. Rather, you have the same chance of a drop each time. It's completely possible (though very unlikely) to roll a 100-sided die many times in a row and get the same certain number each time, and it is also completely possible to roll that same die the same number of times and never get that number.
so I trashed 20 nazars when they were the rarest drop in the dungeon... ffs
[doublepost=1547262574,1547262277][/doublepost]I'm starting to hate terraria now

If you are starting the game already, I think it might not be the game for you.
There'll be many more items in hardmode, and many of them take a lot of grinding to get them. For most of us this adds to the fun, although it can be frustrating when you keep being unlucky for a certain item. We've all been there.

I will at least give you this tip: If you found an item and it looks useless to you, hang on to it anyway: You'll never know when you'll need it.
This is especially important to items that are classified as 'Material'. These will often be used to create something more powerful later on.

If you are starting the game already, I think it might not be the game for you.
There'll be many more items in hardmode, and many of them take a lot of grinding to get them. For most of us this adds to the fun, although it can be frustrating when you keep being unlucky for a certain item. We've all been there.

I will at least give you this tip: If you found an item and it looks useless to you, hang on to it anyway: You'll never know when you'll need it.
This is especially important to items that are classified as 'Material'. These will often be used to create something more powerful later on.
oof thx for the tip, it's kinda rude to say "go away ur bad lol" to someone who is new, the thing is I thought it was really really common like ridiculously common not a 1/1000 chance

oof thx for the tip, it's kinda rude to say "go away ur bad lol" to someone who is new...
If you mean my 'If you are starting the game already, I think it might not be the game for you', it's not meant to be rude. Like I said, there'll be plenty of item grinding in the future. If a reasonably easy item to get (depending on luck) already brings you down, then be prepared for even more hardships later on. Although Terraria has a lot of fans, it's not a game for everyone. This goes for every game out there.

The thing is though, Terraria's world is yours. If some enemy refuses to drop a certain item, change the world. Use candles/potions to attract more monsters, make specialized arenas to farm certain items, even create AFK farms: Let the game farm for you while you're out walking outside.
(See the many guides in the guide section.)

There's a certain item called "Rod of Discord", which really has a ridiculously low droprate. I spent hours to create an arena that just spawns enemies from two directions and have minions kill them while I am AFK, doing more productive things. Don't have Terraria enslave you, make Terraria your slave.

If you mean my 'If you are starting the game already, I think it might not be the game for you', it's not meant to be rude. Like I said, there'll be plenty of item grinding in the future. If a reasonably easy item to get (depending on luck) already brings you down, then be prepared for even more hardships later on. Although Terraria has a lot of fans, it's not a game for everyone. This goes for every game out there.

The thing is though, Terraria's world is yours. If some enemy refuses to drop a certain item, change the world. Use candles/potions to attract more monsters, make specialized arenas to farm certain items, even create AFK farms: Let the game farm for you while you're out walking outside.
(See the many guides in the guide section.)

There's a certain item called "Rod of Discord", which really has a ridiculously low droprate. I spent hours to create an arena that just spawns enemies from two directions and have minions kill them while I am AFK, doing more productive things. Don't have Terraria enslave you, make Terraria your slave.
so what I got from it is either terrraria can be your best friend or an prick lol. I should stop trashing everything that doesn't seem useful

Going to copy-paste this from another thread because it's relevant and in case anyone comes searching...
Cursed Skulls (which drop Nazars) only spawn on dungeon brick walls and they are reasonably common if your dungeon is mostly composed of said brick walls. Cursed Skulls do not spawn on slab or tiled walls.

Edit: It's been suggested that Cursed Skulls can spawn on other wall types, but much more rarely. Dungeon brick walls remain your best bet for getting Cursed Skulls to spawn. More Cursed Skulls = more chances of getting a Nazar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom