Weapons & Equip Nebula Armor Buff?

Bilgewat3r

Plantera
I don't know if this would make the armor completely overpowered or not but here we go...

So I was thinking (and hearing from a few sources) that mages are usually supposed to stay back, keep their distance, etc. and if you have to go {somewhat} close to your enemy to pick up the buffs created by the nebula armor set, that kind of goes against mage gameplay. So I had a few ideas for the armor in mind.

• The first one was that if you're wearing the full set [set bonus], then the buffs YOU created (not someone else wearing nebula armor as well if you're in multiplayer) would have like a 3x increase of the current pick up range.
  • The second idea I had is also a [set bonus] and also applies to the buff nebula particle things that YOU create was that they'd have a 20% longer duration (10 seconds instead of 8) for the creator of them.

Thoughts? And hopefully the wonderful team working on Terraria sees this and maybe considers it! But thank you team for doing what you've done already, it's an amazing game and I can't wait to see what you have planned for the future!

You do know that ANYONE picking up the buffs can share it within a certain range, right? Meaning that the tank/melee guy grabbing a health boost won't be hogging it: it automatically applies to any other player in range. I don't do too much multiplayer, but as someone who uses Nebula Armor I have seen it traveling from someone else's pickup to me.

I've found the pickup range in single player to be reasonable, although I seem to forget that the Moon Lord's hands can drop buffs too and don't stray too far left or right. That's a personal error though, nothing wrong with the set itself.

You are right in the way of mages keeping back though; there's a reason our defense is so awful. It's just not as bad as you thought with picking up those lovely, lovely buffs.

Nebula Armor is already the best of the 4 Fragment Armor sets. Mage weapons are simply better than most other weapons from other classes. But the armor itself puts mages in an entirely different league. Nothing really matches up against 45% increased damage, seemingly endless mana for most magic weapons and ridiculous 12 HP/second life regen. And before you say anything, acquiring and maintaining those buffs is trivial. Getting close to your enemies (if they're still alive, which essentially is only going to be the case if you're fighting a boss) is hardly risky when you get insane life regeneration for it. It doesn't even have "low" defense, considering the life regen you get and when you compare it to the 30 defense of Spectre Hood armor (which does very little damage in comparison).

You do know that ANYONE picking up the buffs can share it within a certain range, right? Meaning that the tank/melee guy grabbing a health boost won't be hogging it: it automatically applies to any other player in range.
I actually didn't know this as I usually only play in single player, I thought once a buff was picked up, it was gone and the effects went to the person who picked it up. It makes sense that I thought that considering how easily they're created.
Nothing really matches up against 45% increased damage, seemingly endless mana for most magic weapons and ridiculous 12 HP/second life regen. ... It doesn't even have "low" defense, considering the life regen you get and when you compare it to the 30 defense of Spectre Hood armor (which does very little damage in comparison).
Thanks I didn't know the actual stats and WOW 45%?!?!? That's quite a bit

Back
Top Bottom