NPCs & Enemies Nebula Floater Unbalanced

Piterros990

Duke Fishron
I've just played a bit with my friend on expert mode, and we started Lunar Event. Cultists were pretty annoying, Stardust and Vortex Pillars were OK. Solar was really bad, but on ground we stood alive. But when we go to the Nebula, Nebula Floater no-scope us on one hit. 2600 HP and 200 damage is quite a bit, yeah? I think it's quite unbalanced comparing to other pillars. My suggestion is to reduce their health or remove teleport ability, because they teleport on almost each hit. That's my opinion about it, please tell what do you think.

Nebula Floaters are annoying enemies, but you can easily kill them with homing weapons or minions. The only things I'll "nerf" would be their lasers. They can travel all the time, hitting the player even when he's far away from this enemy. I found it sometimes annoying when flying up with my UFO and regenerating high over the invasion, thus getting hit by their lasers even when they were way offscreen.

Otherwise they're okay to deal with. I suggest an useful combination, UFO + homing weapons.

So you want to get rid of their abilities because you fought it on expert mode where enemies do 2x damage and have 2x hp?
Not only. I found them really annoying even on Normal mode, and I don't say I want to get rid of all abilities. At least nerf them a little bit.

Nebula Floaters are annoying enemies, but you can easily kill them with homing weapons or minions. The only things I'll "nerf" would be their lasers. They can travel all the time, hitting the player even when he's far away from this enemy. I found it sometimes annoying when flying up with my UFO and regenerating high over the invasion, thus getting hit by their lasers even when they were way offscreen.

Otherwise they're okay to deal with. I suggest an useful combination, UFO + homing weapons.
I have tried with UFO and Homing weapons (Razorblade Typhoon) and I still die quite a bit to the nebula floaters. I have dominated every other pillar except for nebula, which happens tobe the one that matches the class I am using. I wish there was a way to beat them without wasting multiple potions an attempt

I find the Solar Pillar to be harder than the others. But really- the devs did a fantastic job of balancing, and nothing is completely broken. I find Nebula to be one of the easier ones. I suppose it depends on your weapon types and/or armor. What's your loadout?

I was doing full magic build
I used Razorblade typhoon as my weapon, because it was pretty much the only good homing weapon I had
Accessories,
Avenger Emblem
Celestial Emblem
Ankh Shield (I think I was using this at the time)
Sorcerer Emblem
Fishron Wings
Mana Flower
I reforged these all to warding, because I was a clumsy little boi
Plus the buff from the magic ball and a stardust dragon for backup.
The only way I could beat the event was constantly running back every time I died until I eventually withered it down.
Like, 8 deaths later
I died to moon lord so I am gonna have to do that crap all over again
They did a fantastic job on the event but those floaters just need to like, not be the way they are.

I was doing full magic build
I used Razorblade typhoon as my weapon, because it was pretty much the only good homing weapon I had
Accessories,
Avenger Emblem
Celestial Emblem
Ankh Shield (I think I was using this at the time)
Sorcerer Emblem
Fishron Wings
Mana Flower
I reforged these all to warding, because I was a clumsy little boi
Plus the buff from the magic ball and a stardust dragon for backup.
The only way I could beat the event was constantly running back every time I died until I eventually withered it down.
Like, 8 deaths later
I died to moon lord so I am gonna have to do that crap all over again
They did a fantastic job on the event but those floaters just need to like, not be the way they are.
You have a good setup, from what I can tell. Perhaps it's your fighting style. I've used the razor blade typhoon as summoner for the celestial event and it cut through them all like butter.

You have a good setup, from what I can tell. Perhaps it's your fighting style. I've used the razor blade typhoon as summoner for the celestial event and it cut through them all like butter.
this means nothing for master mode

this has got to be the second worst pillar before solar.

all i'm saying is, the tactic is outdated.

even with stardust dragon (the only summon that fails to hit things). the floaters are too op.

maybe you were playing on normal.

even then, those floaters aren't balanced at all.

can't deal enough damage fast enough.

3x hp

250 dmg per hit.
2 hit with no regen.

the teleporting is EXTREMELY annoying.

there's always one on screen.

if someone finds out a foolproof tactic for those floaters, i NEED to hear it.

I've just played a bit with my friend on expert mode, and we started Lunar Event. Cultists were pretty annoying, Stardust and Vortex Pillars were OK. Solar was really bad, but on ground we stood alive. But when we go to the Nebula, Nebula Floater no-scope us on one hit. 2600 HP and 200 damage is quite a bit, yeah? I think it's quite unbalanced comparing to other pillars. My suggestion is to reduce their health or remove teleport ability, because they teleport on almost each hit. That's my opinion about it, please tell what do you think.
The lunar event should normally be difficult, it’s an endgame event, only treated as easy with a good experience in the game, nebula floater can be tanked with the character surrounded by blocks, with great defense (120+ DEF) with banners and with weapon that goes through blocks, just do not let it shoot you, currently the banners do not protect against projectiles apparently, the only problem I currently see in this strategy in master mode in the nebula pillar is the "evolution beast" with its homimg projectile that makes me go to heal with the nurse and get back quick with teleporters.

this means nothing for master mode

this has got to be the second worst pillar before solar.

all i'm saying is, the tactic is outdated.

even with stardust dragon (the only summon that fails to hit things). the floaters are too op.

maybe you were playing on normal.

even then, those floaters aren't balanced at all.

can't deal enough damage fast enough.

3x hp

250 dmg per hit.
2 hit with no regen.

the teleporting is EXTREMELY annoying.

there's always one on screen.

if someone finds out a foolproof tactic for those floaters, i NEED to hear it.
We're not talking about mastermode though....

I never had a problem with Floaters actually. It just depends on what gear you're using.

I'd recommend switching out the Ankh Shield for Master Ninja Gear, and grabbing some homing weapons like the Possessed Hatchet for Melee, Razorblade Typhoon for Mage, or a Sniper Rifle with Chlorophyte Bullets for Ranged, that first one in particular really helped me on my first playthrough.

Floaters are awful, even with Terraprisma/Empress Wings/Soaring Insignia they can easily telefrag you or get you while you're distracted

these dumb pillar events are meant to be cheesed. build a box high above and hide inside and just use wall-piercing weapons on them

Back
Top Bottom