tModLoader Necromancy

sleurk

Terrarian
Hi all,

This mod is no longer being worked on at all. Permanently this time. This mod might work right now (I'm honestly not sure) but it probably won't in the future.
If someone wants to pick up this mod and continue it themselves, they are welcome to message me on discord (sleurk#0321)
6220b8b4-c0e8-4539-8469-cd863c9c8f0f

This mod is now being inherited and merged into The 8 Sins by DaysGone.

qu4Rfii.png

This mod adds a new weapon class to the game.
A Necromancer uses various necrotic weapons, harnessing the power of their own life force in exchange for powerful attacks.

Necrotic melee weapons will restore life upon hitting an enemy, but tend to have lower range than normal melee weapons.
Necrotic ranged weapons use some health to shoot, but return the health exactly if your shots find your marks.
Necrotic magic weapons use health and unleash high-damage spells.
Necrotic summon weapons use some of your maximum life to summon minions indefinitely.
Necrotic throwing weapons have limited ammo that can be refreshed by spending large amounts of life.

Additionally, this mod can integrate with the Thorium mod, allowing two more sub-types of damage.

Necrotic radiant weapons cost life and will heal all nearby allies upon hitting an enemy.
Necrotic symphonic weapons cost life and give allies stacking buffs.

As of now, this mod adds 35 weapons, 10 sets of armor, and various tools and materials.
This mod is now available for download on the mod browser.

Documentation on the mod is available on the github wiki:
sleurk/Necromancy
If you need to communicate something to me, including bugs and balance suggestions, join the discord:
discord.gg/eBKT8NC

I'm currently the only person working on this mod.

The mod is open source, so you can make fun of my probably terrible code see how it's made and get a better grasp on modding.

If you comment on this post and I don't get back to you within a reasonable amount of time, contact me on the discord. I'll probably forget this post exists.

Last edited:
This looks pretty awesome. Seems more thought out than the alchemist class.

One suggestion (you might already had planned this), it'd be good to have any armor sets and other items for the class mainly focusing on buffing HP and/or giving some sort of defense mechanism since it's very risky to use HP in the way this class does.

But anyways, I like the ideas that this mod has so far! Very nice indeed!

Ohh men this looks fu:red:ng cool!
I really wants to play it, but actually weapons looks like from magic, melee, ranged, summoner class.;)

Time to make a ridiculously long update post with all the new stuff since the post. Still not out yet, but probably soon.
Accessories
OKeDUbw.png
luXThh2.png
j1kRTc9.png
zE4AchH.png
qnX7v8u.png
jIOJwbY.png
M6unrVL.png

Scrolls - mech. bosses, one for each necrotic subtype, each has their own unique bonus for specializing​

Rituals - place a type of altar and use a chalk (white, purple, blue) to create a 10-minute effect
Chalks -
63SXO8E.png
Bone chalk - dungeon, tier 1
cZOfcap.png
Shadow chalk - hm goblins, tier 2
WAgizD6.png
Soul Chalk - hm dungeon, tier 3​
Altars -
KeuiP9M.png
IJWH0S5.png
Of1anP4.png

Protection - increases defense and prevents knockback of players in the area
JbXf5Ks.png
r2Tfh6O.png
CeSfsSG.png

Enchantment - buffs the item you throw on the ground before activating
FtIuPeB.png
xeosJS2.png
yC6KZo8.png

Agitation - increases monster spawn rates and buffs nearby monsters​

Necrotic Throwing Weapons - right click to use some life and give 10 more ammo
novuaz6.png
Life Crystal Shard - earlygame, basic, like knives
DnVHJAZ.png
Heart Bomb - early dungeon, destroys tiles in a small radius, faster throw speed than bombs
m9GwDlR.png
Celestial Crystal Shard - hallow, direct upgrade to Life Crystal Shard
bPjRnuQ.png
Splitdagger - mech. bosses, after travelling a small distance it splits into 7 pieces to do much more damage
xlzPNuP.png
Ghast Glaive - eclipse, goes through walls, high piercing
DT9anGJ.png
Beetle Fang - golem, throws as fast as you click
Other Weapons (in no particular order other than order of implementation)
wJx26RT.png
(N. Symphonic) Space Drum - meteor, shoots out small fire projectiles in a circle, buffs allies with stacking movement speed
cOncKK8.png
(N. Radiant) Celestial Gemstone - hallow, shoots mini lasers, heals nearby enemies
6inCZd4.png
(N. Summon) Celestial Staff - summons pixies to attack enemies
vb4kOpB.png
(N. Magic) Bloody Mirror - mech boss, creates a small ring around the player for 60 seconds that damages enemies it touches
nEkw1mj.png
(N. Summon) Cumulus Staff - early hm, summons rain, snow, and thunderstorm clouds that attack enemies with rain (piercing), snow (rapidfire), and lightning (bounces to nearby enemies on hit)
Y8ujTLV.png
(N. Symphonic) Big Brass - thorium mech boss, shoots large, slow, piercing projectiles horizontally, buffs allies with stacking damage
Curjqd2.png
(N. Melee) Sol - golem, just a big sword because every mod needs one I guess
G5Om6fI.png
(N. Magic) Life Disruptor - thorium mech boss, shoots projectiles that shoot homing projectiles (harder to explain than to use, I promise)
ePWwhYK.png
(N. Symphonic) Wight Whistle - eclipse, shoots short-range, rapid lasers, buffs allies with stacking max mana
iY3EwKh.png
(N. Melee) Electric Whip - martians, shoots short-range lightning (bounces to nearby enemies on hit)
r99l1OZ.png
(N. Magic) Lich's Soul - thorium lich, like flamelash, when the projectile moves it gains damage, speed, and pierce strength
edYeGy1.png
(N. Symphonic) Oboe - thorium hm dungeon, shoots a bunch of black projectiles that fall fast
Ccj0Tjx.png
(N. Melee) Channeler - hm jungle, fast spear with autoswing
7Tpr8cN.png
(N. Symphonic) Fiddle - hell, shoots bursts of small fire projectiles, buffs allies with stacking crit chance
Lv2vDTy.png
(N. Symphonic) Blues Bass - p. moon, shoots boomerang blue projectiles, buffs allies with stacking damage reduction
xuE0Oae.png
(N. Ranged) Brickcannon - golem, shoots high-knockback bricks that do huge damage to enemies that are hit into a wall
ZPGlN94.png
(N. Symphonic) Golden Lute - thorium lich, shoots in an area directly in front of the player, shoots faster and hits harder when the player is moving faster, buffs allies with "immortality", which when fully charged lets them cheat death and be healed for 100
gxuIODV.png
(N. Symphonic) Tenor Drum - thorium b. strider, shoots several projectiles in a +, buffs allies with stacking regeneration
gM5HjM1.png
(N. Magic) Deathblast - hm dungeon, charges up and shoots a laser that hits enemies many times, basically brimstone from isaac but I already have brimstone as a material in this mod

(Plus probably half a dozen items I forgot to put here)​

Other other
mcjmBba.png
Gunjet - mech boss, "wings" that shoot bullets downward when used
sgmWXX4.png
Destabilization Potion - hm goblins, gives you a chance to dodge by sometimes teleporting randomly nearby on being hit
3jx1PDc.png
Wraith Cloak - eclipse, lets you double-tap and hold UP to turn into a cloud of smoke and move quickly towards your cursor

Also I recolored ragnarok weapons to match the armor because making them made out of each essence was just confusing.
xoj0ovg.png
rEkOdoS.png
GfhP6Xm.png
lXwfaav.png

Also all the armors have actual set bonuses now.
Bloodcloth (blood moon) - necrotic damage applies a DoT
Boneplate (dungeon) - necrotic crits stun enemies
Cursed (hm corruption) - taking damage increases necrotic damage dealt for a time
Ichor (hm crimson) - doing necrotic damage increases defense for a time
Hallowed (hallowed bars, new helmet) - take no damage from most DoT debuffs
Necrodancer (thorium lich) - golden lute charges immortality twice as fast
Apocalypse (hm jungle) - create an aura around the player that gives players regen and makes enemies take more damage
Midnight (p. moon) - 2 helmets, either heal slightly when allies take damage, or heal allies slightly when you take damage
Wormhole (celestial towers) - double tap DOWN to change modes between defensive (more defense) and recovery (more regen)
Demon (thorium ragnarok) - 2 helmets, either n. melee lifesteal heals all allies and n. magic cost is halved, or n. ranged attacks heal slightly and n. summon cost is halved​

I'm still adding more constantly, please join the discord (see original post) if you want to follow the progress of this mod!
I only posted this comment because I want people to know that it's not dead.

P.S. Feel free to suggest anything. Seriously. I'll probably implement it if it makes sense and fits with the mod so don't be afraid to ask.

Time to make a ridiculously long update post with all the new stuff since the post. Still not out yet, but probably soon.
Accessories
OKeDUbw.png
luXThh2.png
j1kRTc9.png
zE4AchH.png
qnX7v8u.png
jIOJwbY.png
M6unrVL.png

Scrolls - mech. bosses, one for each necrotic subtype, each has their own unique bonus for specializing​

Rituals - place a type of altar and use a chalk (white, purple, blue) to create a 10-minute effect
Chalks -
63SXO8E.png
cZOfcap.png
WAgizD6.png
Soul Chalk - hm dungeon, tier 3​
Altars -
KeuiP9M.png
IJWH0S5.png
Of1anP4.png

JbXf5Ks.png
r2Tfh6O.png
CeSfsSG.png

FtIuPeB.png
xeosJS2.png
yC6KZo8.png

Agitation - increases monster spawn rates and buffs nearby monsters​

novuaz6.png
DnVHJAZ.png
Heart Bomb - early dungeon, destroys tiles in a small radius, faster throw speed than bombs
m9GwDlR.png
bPjRnuQ.png
Splitdagger - mech. bosses, after travelling a small distance it splits into 7 pieces to do much more damage
xlzPNuP.png
DT9anGJ.png
wJx26RT.png
(N. Symphonic) Space Drum - meteor, shoots out small fire projectiles in a circle, buffs allies with stacking movement speed
cOncKK8.png
(N. Radiant) Celestial Gemstone - hallow, shoots mini lasers, heals nearby enemies
6inCZd4.png
vb4kOpB.png
(N. Magic) Bloody Mirror - mech boss, creates a small ring around the player for 60 seconds that damages enemies it touches
nEkw1mj.png
(N. Summon) Cumulus Staff - early hm, summons rain, snow, and thunderstorm clouds that attack enemies with rain (piercing), snow (rapidfire), and lightning (bounces to nearby enemies on hit)
Y8ujTLV.png
(N. Symphonic) Big Brass - thorium mech boss, shoots large, slow, piercing projectiles horizontally, buffs allies with stacking damage
Curjqd2.png
G5Om6fI.png
(N. Magic) Life Disruptor - thorium mech boss, shoots projectiles that shoot homing projectiles (harder to explain than to use, I promise)
ePWwhYK.png
(N. Symphonic) Wight Whistle - eclipse, shoots short-range, rapid lasers, buffs allies with stacking max mana
iY3EwKh.png
(N. Melee) Electric Whip - martians, shoots short-range lightning (bounces to nearby enemies on hit)
r99l1OZ.png
(N. Magic) Lich's Soul - thorium lich, like flamelash, when the projectile moves it gains damage, speed, and pierce strength
edYeGy1.png
(N. Symphonic) Oboe - thorium hm dungeon, shoots a bunch of black projectiles that fall fast
Ccj0Tjx.png
7Tpr8cN.png
(N. Symphonic) Fiddle - hell, shoots bursts of small fire projectiles, buffs allies with stacking crit chance
Lv2vDTy.png
(N. Symphonic) Blues Bass - p. moon, shoots boomerang blue projectiles, buffs allies with stacking damage reduction
xuE0Oae.png
(N. Ranged) Brickcannon - golem, shoots high-knockback bricks that do huge damage to enemies that are hit into a wall
ZPGlN94.png
(N. Symphonic) Golden Lute - thorium lich, shoots in an area directly in front of the player, shoots faster and hits harder when the player is moving faster, buffs allies with "immortality", which when fully charged lets them cheat death and be healed for 100
gxuIODV.png
(N. Symphonic) Tenor Drum - thorium b. strider, shoots several projectiles in a +, buffs allies with stacking regeneration
gM5HjM1.png
(N. Magic) Deathblast - hm dungeon, charges up and shoots a laser that hits enemies many times, basically brimstone from isaac but I already have brimstone as a material in this mod

(Plus probably half a dozen items I forgot to put here)​

Other other
mcjmBba.png
sgmWXX4.png
Destabilization Potion - hm goblins, gives you a chance to dodge by sometimes teleporting randomly nearby on being hit
3jx1PDc.png
Wraith Cloak - eclipse, lets you double-tap and hold UP to turn into a cloud of smoke and move quickly towards your cursor

Also I recolored ragnarok weapons to match the armor because making them made out of each essence was just confusing.
xoj0ovg.png
rEkOdoS.png
GfhP6Xm.png
lXwfaav.png

Cursed (hm corruption) - taking damage increases necrotic damage dealt for a time
Apocalypse (hm jungle) - create an aura around the player that gives players regen and makes enemies take more damage
Midnight (p. moon) - 2 helmets, either heal slightly when allies take damage, or heal allies slightly when you take damage
Wormhole (celestial towers) - double tap DOWN to change modes between defensive (more defense) and recovery (more regen)
Demon (thorium ragnarok) - 2 helmets, either n. melee lifesteal heals all allies and n. magic cost is halved, or n. ranged attacks heal slightly and n. summon cost is halved​

I'm still adding more constantly, please join the discord (see original post) if you want to follow the progress of this mod!

P.S. Feel free to suggest anything. Seriously. I'll probably implement it if it makes sense and fits with the mod so don't be afraid to ask.
Wow, its great! New stuff and this mod isn't dead!:happy:

I foresee me killing myself alot to these weapons. Can't wait for this mod to come out
OKeDUbw.png
luXThh2.png
j1kRTc9.png
zE4AchH.png
qnX7v8u.png
jIOJwbY.png
M6unrVL.png

Scrolls - mech. bosses, one for each necrotic subtype, each has their own unique bonus for specializing

Chalks -
63SXO8E.png
cZOfcap.png
WAgizD6.png
Soul Chalk - hm dungeon, tier 3
Altars -
KeuiP9M.png
IJWH0S5.png
Of1anP4.png

JbXf5Ks.png
r2Tfh6O.png
CeSfsSG.png

FtIuPeB.png
xeosJS2.png
yC6KZo8.png

Agitation - increases monster spawn rates and buffs nearby monsters

novuaz6.png
DnVHJAZ.png
m9GwDlR.png
bPjRnuQ.png
xlzPNuP.png
DT9anGJ.png
wJx26RT.png
cOncKK8.png
6inCZd4.png
vb4kOpB.png
nEkw1mj.png
Y8ujTLV.png
Curjqd2.png
G5Om6fI.png
ePWwhYK.png
iY3EwKh.png
r99l1OZ.png
edYeGy1.png
Ccj0Tjx.png
7Tpr8cN.png
Lv2vDTy.png
xuE0Oae.png
ZPGlN94.png
gxuIODV.png
gM5HjM1.png

(Plus probably half a dozen items I forgot to put here)

Other other

mcjmBba.png
sgmWXX4.png
3jx1PDc.png

xoj0ovg.png
rEkOdoS.png
GfhP6Xm.png
lXwfaav.png

Demon (thorium ragnarok) - 2 helmets, either n. melee lifesteal heals all allies and n. magic cost is halved, or n. ranged attacks heal slightly and n. summon cost is halved

Hmm, this might be ridiculous to code but since there is a golden lute and other Necrodancer stuff how about Death Metal's scythe/mic? Seems kinda fitting; Left click could be a quick swing that deals melee necrotic damage and right click could fire a beam that deals range/symphonic for life-steal/regeneration buff

it would be cool if this mod add a generated build (like a mausoleum or/and cemetery:zombie:) with a boss themed on Necromancy (also it awesome all the new stuff to the mod y can't wait to see the future of this mod :passionate:)

Oh my GOD! This looks cool as hell!
If it will have banner, I gonna support it!
When you plan to realese mod?I hope soon!
Keep it up!:happy:

Hmm, this might be ridiculous to code but since there is a golden lute and other Necrodancer stuff how about Death Metal's scythe/mic? Seems kinda fitting; Left click could be a quick swing that deals melee necrotic damage and right click could fire a beam that deals range/symphonic for life-steal/regeneration buff

There should be a weapon for each boss in Necrodancer, don't worry.

it would be cool if this mod add a generated build (like a mausoleum or/and cemetery:zombie:) with a boss themed on Necromancy (also it awesome all the new stuff to the mod y can't wait to see the future of this mod :passionate:)
I don't think I'm good enough at modding to make a new build or a new boss yet, unfortunately. Plus right now I'm focusing on getting everything to work on multiplayer, which is proving rather difficult.

Oh my GOD! This looks cool as hell!
If it will have banner, I gonna support it!
When you plan to realese mod?I hope soon!
Keep it up!:happy:
I have no idea when I'm going to release the mod. There's quite a bit of content already but I also haven't really polished any of it yet, and there's still a lot I have to do, not to mention how none if it is really balanced other than me guessing the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom