tModLoader Necromancy

Hey, update for anyone looking at this post: The mod is out now on the mod browser. Please join the discord for further updates on its development or to give any feedback. It's a very early version, so expect bugs, but it is playable.
Oh yeah! Its finally realesed! Yahoo!
Can wait to install my terraria back! :happy:

I did a playthrough of this mod using only the Necrotic damage weapons, aside from the very start. I got the impression of blood magic way more than necromancy, since I didn't notice anything like summoning the undead. The armors do look like necromancers however.

I find this to be an interesting take on a new class. It's not just a new damage type, but rather it just straight up includes the main damage classes plus Thorium's two new ones. I find this works well given how the main damage types cover almost all styles of weapons already and Necrotic weapons fit within those lines. It's a new take on the pre-existing classes by adding in a life steal and life drain mechanic. I stocked up as much health as possible, reforging all my accessories to JoostMod's Hearty prefix, for 25 extra life per accessory.

I found throwing weapons to be by far the weakest of other Necrotic weapons. I liked how the symphonic weapons had empowerments that built up over time. Between certain weapons of the same tier like the Channeler and Regenerator, I found the former did almost 1/10 of the DPS compared to the latter. That's one of the ways I can find the balance really off between weapons. Out of the aquatic symphonic weapons, I found the Aquatic Strings had by far the greatest DPS to the rest of them. I liked the accessory to make summoning costs the same instead of scaling with minion count, even if it could get a bit powerful.

I made it to the end game and only started dying around that time where's before I made it pretty far with no deaths. The four end game weapons don't cover throwing, radiant, or symphonic weapons or helmet effects. I know Thorium had up to four weapons per class at this stage, but I think given the nature of Necrotic weapons, an exception can be made to include the other three weapon sub classes. Granted I'm not sure what theme the other three would be since the four already in are named after the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Hi there, does anyone know if this mod is still being worked on? The guy who adopted it has abandoned the project and seems to have left terraria modding for good.

Hi there, does anyone know if this mod is still being worked on? The guy who adopted it has abandoned the project and seems to have left terraria modding for good.

I'm still here lmao. I left because of IRL problems and didn't wanna deal with tMod drama at that time lol.

I can't seem to find the mod anywhere, would you be able to point me in the right direction as this mod seems to be right up my alley.

I can't seem to find the mod anywhere, would you be able to point me in the right direction as this mod seems to be right up my alley.

I have control over the mod as of rn.
I don't have a version posted on mod browser, or even updated to the latest tMod.

Back
Top Bottom