tAPI Necropolis Mod

Ok so today I took a count of our current stock of content that has been added to the new mod. So far this is what has been added:
60 Enemy NPC's
1 Mini boss
9 Bosses (6 pre-hardmode 3 hardmode)
2 TownNPC's
29 Passive NPC's
2 Mounts
3 Pets
1 Ore that spawns in a new world
12 Accessories
6 Full sets of armor with multiple helms for different classes
45 Weapons of all sorts
Keep in mind most of this is just pre-hardmode content.

All the bosses are being added but reworked sprites and code. Many enemies from previous hardmode made the cut. But I'm planning on seriously overhauling hardmode. As for the nightmare world...it's in the works and we plan to further develope it in the future. If you have any thing you like from the tconfig version please let me know so I port it.
Well, actually I wanted to refresh my knowingsavout this mod (so I looked at some videos on you tube, etc.), not to forget to tell about something important.
Let's start from things, which I liked:
1. I liked idea of various alloys. It was fun to craft new bars from ones, which were not very useful at the point, when I combined them into various alloys. (Part of Necropolis)
2. My favourite weapons from this mod were Ash's shotgun, Devil's playground and a Scythe, which dropped from Ultra Death (I don't remember its name), so I hope, that you added those into tModLoader version. Also, I liked the idea of those flying sword, and the fact, that I could recreate those swords and use them as weapons made that idea even cooler. And besides that there was a cool sniper rifle (don't remember its name either but I'm sure it had a word "zombie" in its name) (Part of NecroPack)
3. I like idea of Nightmare World. It was something new and original, and I wanted something original, when I decided to play your mod. (Part of NecroPack)
4. I like that your mods have a big variety of enemies. It would be nice, if you port wolves and their loots but I don't know, if you still can (Sapharan used them in his mod, which is discontinued now, but he is working on another one. You probably should talk with him about that to prevent stories about plagiarising and such).
(Part of both NecroPack and Necropolis)

Now, let's talk about thing, which I disliked.
1. I really hated Corrupted Margaret enemy. It was extremely annoying becaus eof teleporting and because if being very powerful. If you readd that enemy, make sure you nerf it. (Part of NecroPack)
2. I disliked your boss progression concept. Having to farm bosses which doesn't have 100% chance to drop a material, you need to farm the next boss was VERY annoying. Especially, if you fail and have to refight A LOT of bosses to finally get the summoning item, you need(. It is ok, if drops from previous boss are dropped with 100%
chance. In other ways it is more annoying and irritating, than fun. (Part of NecroPack)

I hoped I helped you with my feedback, and I'm waiting for this mod to release despite it will probably take a long time before it releases!

All this is lovely, I just want to express my concern about the cats. Since they can't be killed by neither the player nor the NPCs, they would clog the spawns by staying? 🤔

snippidy snipped
See this is great! I really appreciate your input.
Now lets see...
The alloys I'm not sure about. They were added in the Tapi mod by Sapharan and I won't be using any of his content especially the stuff he's used in his mod. This also goes with the wolves and the variants of slime enemies. Though I can try and work out my own system of up-gradable ores. I still talk to Sapharan so I can clear anything that might come up with him.
Ash's shotgun, the zombie hunter sniper riffle, and the giant sword enemies/weapons are ported. Devil's playground, and all the scythes (including the spell that makes the scythe train) are going to be.
So margret hasn't been ported she will be dropped. There is a melting margret now and she doesn't teleport.
The boss based progression is something I've given a ton of though to. I decided when I began working on this that I would get rid of all the chance drops from bosses except for vanity stuff and pets. All the bosses will drop loot bags now with the same amount of materials in every bag.

Thanks for all your feedback. Super helpful.

All this is lovely, I just want to express my concern about the cats. Since they can't be killed by neither the player nor the NPCs, they would clog the spawns by staying? 🤔
I'm sorry I have to correct myself. They will able to be killed by NPCs just not the player. I might as well put a de-spawn timer on them so they don't clog the spawn pool. Then again, maybe I should just make a crazy cat lady town NPC that spawns cats. Then she could be put where ever you want the cat to be. Plus she could be an outlet for cat related content.

Hello my lovely peoples<3 More update info coming your way. Just wanted to reach out in hopes we can speed up the processes of launching this beautiful lil puppy of a mod. I've made a Discord and I'm excited to get it up and running. So I'm reaching out in hopes to find someone to be my main moderator. Preferably someone who has some experience. Please send me a DM. Right now my main focus is filling out the pre-hardmode experience and soon we will begin our search for beta testers. Also we will need to expand our team. My idea scope is currently bigger then both my skill and time to work. So we will be for now on looking for at least 2 people to join our dev team. We desperately need another coder especially some one who knows their way around world.cs files and world generation. I've always been proud about being the only spriter ever for the mod but it's time I need help at least with the sprites like items and tiles. Again DM me if you are interestested and serious. I want you all to know I'm very invested in this mod and seeing this will be the last major vanilla update (that breaks all the mods:sigh:) I'm in to keep this mod going as long as I can after that. This is my past-time and I love it. I can easily say after all these years this my favorite game of all time.

what version of terraria is this for
It is technically not released yet. But it will be for the 1.4.1 pc version. It began as a tconfig mod, then a tAPI mod. It is being worked on not yet released for modloader we were finished with the pre-hardmode content and about a quarter way through the hardmode stuff. We also have post-hardmode which generates a new custom world. You can switch between the worlds in game. We are waiting for mod loader to update to Terraria 1.4.1 before we make a release. Depending on changes to the games code we will have to make changes our code to make the mod work again. Very long story short it's still a WIP.

It is technically not released yet. But it will be for the 1.4.1 pc version. It began as a tconfig mod, then a tAPI mod. It is being worked on not yet released for modloader we were finished with the pre-hardmode content and about a quarter way through the hardmode stuff. We also have post-hardmode which generates a new custom world. You can switch between the worlds in game. We are waiting for mod loader to update to Terraria 1.4.1 before we make a release. Depending on changes to the games code we will have to make changes our code to make the mod work again. Very long story short it's still a WIP.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom