tAPI Necropolis Mod

Well I decided before entering hardmode to progress through the prehardmode necropolis bosses, I have to say that the Lady of Decay, Incubus and Alien Carrier have projectiles that I think are way too fast and too pinpoint on homing and do way too much damage for prehardmode. I had 45 defense when I fought them and still took on average 50-60 damage per hit. Not even the Wall of Flesh does that much.

I still managed to kill them, but still...

Well I decided before entering hardmode to progress through the prehardmode necropolis bosses, I have to say that the Lady of Decay, Incubus and Alien Carrier have projectiles that I think are way too fast and too pinpoint on homing and do way too much damage for prehardmode. I had 45 defense when I fought them and still took on average 50-60 damage per hit. Not even the Wall of Flesh does that much.

I still managed to kill them, but still...
yeah all the bosses aside from maaaybe the first fish boss..seiryu the dragon did upwards of 90 damage with my full set of bee armor...the harpy did around the same damage...

Hi, guys. I didn't realize you took out the Necro wings, I've actually crafted them successfully on one of my toons, and she still has them on. Everything is alright, correct? or, should I destroy them?

I just made 13 Pewter bars. Only to place them. They don't even place on top of each other. Worst bars ever.

I guess it's my fault for not checking if they were materials first.

Don't worry, those will have use in future.
I'm needing to know when you can- I know it's hard to keep up with every post, those wings are fine, correct? The necro wings. I don't know if I should take them off and put them in the chests, or what. I only know that they were a mistake because I went through the threads the other day.

How uncommon are Wolves in the surface? I've reached hardmode and killed everything and still not a one wolf. I've seen more pinkies and truffle worms (outside the farming area) than these buggers.

How uncommon are Wolves in the surface? I've reached hardmode and killed everything and still not a one wolf. I've seen more pinkies and truffle worms (outside the farming area) than these buggers.
You've seen truffle worms?! I made a farm and have my usual run of Ice mimics (I make them in the ice biome) and also have my four strips for Truffle next to my house, but, I've seen not ONE in hardmode. Meanwhile, I see a ton of wolves. Interesting!

Where does one find the crafting recipes for this mod? ;o
as far as I can tell..most of the items you get are from beating the bosses of the mod..craft a demon shrine with 20 clay..some wood and torches I think..then you can make a koi egg or something out of demonite :D...I think, after you beat that boss itll (sometimes?) drop koi scales which can be crafted into items or the next boss summoning item...that next boss will drop scales too and so on

I figured bosses don't drop their next boss summon item unless they are in the right conditions. Nishikoi didn't drop any scales until I killed it right on top of the ocean, and Ryu neither until I killed him by space. Where's the necro harpy's sweet spot?

I figured bosses don't drop their next boss summon item unless they are in the right conditions. Nishikoi didn't drop any scales until I killed it right on top of the ocean, and Ryu neither until I killed him by space. Where's the necro harpy's sweet spot?
I killed them from the ocean and from space..only got their items every other time..i assume its only a chance of it happening..which is pretty stupid..or it could be some random glitch? :confused:

I killed them from the ocean and from space..only got their items every other time..i assume its only a chance of it happening..which is pretty stupid..or it could be some random glitch? :confused:
I wouldn't call it stupid, I would call it "inefficient design". What kind of design is purposefully having to replay the exact same fight an indefinite amount of times depending on luck? Now replaying it and getting at least a minimum guaranteed amount every time makes sense because worst case scenario you figure out the minimum and work out how many times you need to kill it to get the items you want. The chance of getting nothing adds no difficulty whatsoever at a time expense of not only fighting the boss again but also farming the materials of the previous spawner, usually leading to refighting bosses that have long become obsolete because of item progression.

These items should either: Drop every time in large amounts, to only have to fight the boss until you can beat it (like the base game does, and also make the bosses harder in this case so the item's value doesn't drop) or drop it every time in tiny amounts if you really want players to farm constantly and fight the same fight several times in a row.

The idea I had of bosses dropping their next tier items only in their specific biomes is a good one. Fight by their rules or get nothing. But I figure tApi doesn't have those tools yet.

I wouldn't call it stupid, I would call it "inefficient design". What kind of design is purposefully having to replay the exact same fight an indefinite amount of times depending on luck? Now replaying it and getting at least a minimum guaranteed amount every time makes sense because worst case scenario you figure out the minimum and work out how many times you need to kill it to get the items you want. The chance of getting nothing adds no difficulty whatsoever at a time expense of not only fighting the boss again but also farming the materials of the previous spawner, usually leading to refighting bosses that have long become obsolete because of item progression.

These items should either: Drop every time in large amounts, to only have to fight the boss until you can beat it (like the base game does, and also make the bosses harder in this case so the item's value doesn't drop) or drop it every time in tiny amounts if you really want players to farm constantly and fight the same fight several times in a row.

The idea I had of bosses dropping their next tier items only in their specific biomes is a good one. Fight by their rules or get nothing. But I figure tApi doesn't have those tools yet.
speaking of bosses...not that they are unbeatable or anything..but I was being hit for over 90 damage against siryu/necro harpy...sure I was wearing the bee armor..but JEEZ that's crazy! OwO

Back
Top Bottom