Need a little help with making texture packs.

DJ Trash Raptor

Terrarian
Heyo! I've been getting into trying and making some texture packs, and currently i have my first texture pack made following the exact steps of what little few tutorials i could find. Except for the fact that whenever i load in the game and enable my texture pack, one of two things happen; either it plain up doesn't work at all, or it ends up snapping the thing i resprited out of existence.

I've heard that if the sprite size isn't the exact same, it doesn't work. But i was a bit too nervous using the Tconvert or whatever out of fear that i might mess up and break something knowing myself. So instead, i gathered some sprites from The Spriters Resources, and i can't tell if they're not compatible, or if i'm actually doing something wrong and i don't realize it.

If it helps, the 'sprite editor' i use is Pixlr.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this!

As an update, i gave in and decided to finally use Tconvert and i've managed to get some of the textures to work and the above post is mostly not a problem anymore.

However the problem i have right now involve segmented NPC resprites, it seems like. More specifically, the Skeleton Serpent, as for whatever reason it just straight up deletes it out of existence when the texture pack is enabled. Not just the sprite, but the NPC itself.

Is there anyway to fix this?

And as a note for anyone who was nervous like i was, Tconvert doesn't mess anything up, so you should use it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom