Need Help Fighting Celestial Towers..

RichardWayne

Terrarian
Any recommendations on a strong melee/tank loadout? I currently use Beetle Armor with Vampire Knives, but it just isn't cutting it.. haven't been able to take down a tower yet.

Ok then for Solar, refrain from being in the air. (Crawlipetes ) Also note the Seleians (Humaniod holding two swords) can reflect your projectiles.

Don't use vampire knives. Use something else like a yoyo with the bag. Vampire knives aren't going to help you with the towers at all.

Stardust, try to not get too close to the enemies or they will rip you to shreds, though fairly easy.

Nebula, if something stick on your head in the middle of the fight (brain sucker), kill it. Also dodge the laser from the giant eyeballs. (Nebula floaters)

Vortex:Enemies here are ranged, so use something to defeat them that can reach far.

100 kills (150 in expert) is required to break the shield the pillars hold up.
Quitting restarts your progress.

Not that I don't appreciate what's been told to me so far, cause I do.. but I was looking for suggestions as far as Armor suggestions and Weapon suggestions for dealing with the Towers.. I haven't destroyed one yet. Is there an order to them? Should I go after one "first?"

Beetle armor is obviously the right choice. Terra blade, influx waver, Flairon, Possessed Hatchet, Paladin's Hammer and the like are all good choices for weapons. Go for Solar first because you can make even better ones to fight the other 3 towers with.

I'd do Stardust first. It's much easier, and you can whip up the dragon staff which gives an amazing pet to help with the other towers - it's especially good at dominating crawltipedes at the Solar tower so you can fly around a bit more to dodge.

Stardust and Vortex are the easiest, but the one that will help you the most is solar. Do not fly in the air or this thing will absolutely demolish you as it is the fastest, highest damaging, most mobile, and most terrifying enemy in the entire event. If you accidentally get its attention, aim for the tail and get to the ground as a fast as possible.

I recommend using the possessed hatchet to deal with the stardust and nebula pillars, then swap to the flairon to deal with the solar pillar. Either one works with the vortex pillar.

The following accessories are all wonderful to use (the ones in gold are highly recommended):

Anhk Shield
Emblems

• Warrior Emblem
  • Avenger Emblem
  • Destroyer Emblem
  • In total these three will grant your melee attacks +37% damage and +8% critical strike chance

Celestial Shell
Charm of Myths
Star Viel
High Tier Wings
Fire Gauntlet
image.jpg
Master Ninja Gear
Paladins Shield (when on multiplayer)

Only On Expert Mode:
Shiny Stone (expert mode only)
Shield of Cthulhu (expert mode only)
Worm Scarf (expert mode only)

Last edited:
Actually Vampire Knives aren't that bad if you're going with good buffs. With stuff thet greatly increase damage from them and some buffs like Wrath/Rage Potions, you can deal decent damage and heal yourself. Still, you need some good buffs and increased damage from various items.

Still, it's good to have a better, more powerful weapon. Vampire Knives are fine if you need a quick regeneration, but you need to buff this weapon with some stuff to make it useful. Spectre Armor is a better way for this, despite the low defense it has.

Super Healing Potions will help out a lot, you craft then with 4 Greater Healing potions and 1 of each fragment. You may be think "But I can't do that until I destroy every pillar?" You can actually craft 1 fragment for 3 different fragments, for example: I craft 1 nebula fragment out of 1 vortex, solar and stardust fragments that way I can make super healing potions before fighting the final pillar.

I also recommend crafting these items from your fragments

Solar Eruption
  • Attacks quickly, goes through walls, pierces, causes explosions, hits large targets a countless amount of times. Overall amazing for every pillar, except maybe Nebula.
Daybreak
  • Deals more damage than solar eruption, attacks faster, does not pierce or hit big targets multiple times, sticks into enemies and deals damage over time. Don't use it during the pillars.
Stardust Dragon Staff
  • A giant magical space dragon that wrecks everything, nuff said.
  • For you to get the most out of it, I recommend using summoner potions, a bewitching table, and maybe the papyrus scarab (only if you have a slot to spare, though I doubt you will)

I was setted up for max melee dps. I mean chlorophyte armor and accessories :wings, celstial shell, celestial stone, mechanical glove, warrior emblem, fire gauntlet. All for +4% dmg. Legendary Terrablade and demonic vampire knives. The key is being on edge of lunar biome. With terrablade you can easily destroy tower from distance. I recommend stardust for first. Then make summon dragon or cell

to me solar is the easiest...

carefully use spectre healing setup with razor typhoon from fishron

A possessed Hatchet is about all you need weapon wise. The Solar enemies seem to have a huge habit for bum rushing you from behind as well it seems.

Vortex you can easily kill by crawling into a hole and summoning outside of it since they have nothing that can tunnel or pierce the ground. Nebula is the hardest one for me it seems because of all the projectile focus, which is funny because vortex is so incredibly weak when its supposed to be focused on ranged.

A possessed hatchet is also pretty great for killing the last boss, it's what I used until I got the Wrath, then the Terrarian which absolutely murders the Moon Lord.

Just stay on the edge of the pillars so that you can escape when in low health, and when you find the mob died without the orange light, that means the pillar can be destoried, you can run to the pillar, summon to cloud with Nimbus Rod, then escape.
Using this method do not require any special equipment.

Also, the voltex pillar is very easy because none of the mobs can go through blocks.

Back
Top Bottom